|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Menoeceus do during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Kills Aegisthus.
(b) Kills Teiresius.
(c) Kills Creon.
(d) Sacrifices himself.
2. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
(a) Semele's sisters.
(c) Agave's mother.
3. Dionysus offers to lead Pentheus where?
(a) To the villagers.
(b) To the women.
(c) To the gates.
(d) To the heavens.
4. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
5. Whose army is chased away at the end of the battle in The Phoenician Women?
6. Who did Zeus hide Dionysus from as a child?
7. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
8. Who drops stones from the wall during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
9. Who calls Dionysus the greatest god, after hearing of the wild women in The Bacchae?
10. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(c) All answers are correct.
11. Who is Dionysus' mother?
12. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The pedagogue.
13. To whom is Antigone planned to wed?
14. Whose death does the chorus sing of in the beginning of The Bacchae?
15. Eteocles decrees anyone who buries his brother in Thebes be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many captains does Creon suggest using to ambush the army?
2. What natural disaster does Dionysus call forth in The Bacchae?
3. Who is Antigone's betrothed husband the son of?
4. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
5. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)