|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
(a) At noon.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At night.
(d) At dawn.
2. Instead of Dionysus, what is in the stable that is to be Dionysus' prison?
3. Who is now preparing for a battle to the death, according to the messenger after the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Tydeus and Eteocles.
(b) Teiresius and Polyneices.
(c) Creon and Tydeus.
(d) Polyneices and Eteocles.
4. Who does Zeus strike down from the gate with lightning in the battle of The Phoenician Women?
5. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
(a) The lambs.
(b) The fortress.
(c) The trees.
(d) The cattle.
6. Who attacks with spears, but is fought off by the Thebian army in The Phoenician Women?
7. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
8. What appears when one of the wild women of the Bacchae strikes the ground?
(b) A spring of wine.
(c) A spring of milk.
(d) A fire.
9. When the wild women scratch at the ground, what appears, in The Bacchae?
(b) Water and fire.
(c) Milk and honey.
10. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
(a) Agave's mother.
(b) Semele's sisters.
11. Who is Dionysus' mother?
12. How many captains does Creon suggest using to ambush the army?
13. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
14. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
15. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Dionysus the greatest god, after hearing of the wild women in The Bacchae?
2. Who is the founder of Thebes?
3. Whose army is chased away at the end of the battle in The Phoenician Women?
4. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
5. Who kills the dragon that Ares has fathered?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)