|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is exiled at the end of The Phoenician Women?
2. Of the wild women of The Bacchae, who hears the cows and wakes the other women up?
3. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
(d) The chorus.
4. Eteocles tells Creon that Polyneices will do what?
(a) Give up.
(b) Return in a month.
(c) Wage war.
(d) Take the crown.
5. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
6. Who is Cadmus' grandson?
7. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
8. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
9. To whom is Antigone planned to wed?
10. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(b) All answers are correct.
11. What appears when one of the wild women strikes a rock with a stick in The Bacchae?
(a) A team of leopards.
(b) A spring of water.
(c) A tree.
(d) A fire.
12. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
(a) Mount Cyprus.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) Mount Cithaeron.
(d) Mount Hellene.
13. Who welcomes Dionysus after he escapes the stable?
14. Who does Eteocles pray to for victory in the duel?
15. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
2. Who is Pentheus' mother?
3. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
4. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
5. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)