|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears when one of the wild women strikes a rock with a stick in The Bacchae?
(a) A fire.
(b) A spring of water.
(c) A team of leopards.
(d) A tree.
2. Eteocles decrees anyone who buries his brother in Thebes be what?
3. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
4. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
(b) The pedagogue.
5. Who attacks with spears, but is fought off by the Thebian army in The Phoenician Women?
6. Who slips on a stone, and his leg is exposed during the duel?
7. Polyneices, with his last breath, begs for what?
(a) To be buried in Argos.
(b) To be buried in Thebes.
(c) For his wife to be queen.
(d) To be buried in Athens.
8. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
(a) Seduced them.
(b) Killed them.
(c) Turned them mad.
(d) Sent them to Troy.
9. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
10. What does Dionysus strike down with lightning?
(a) The fortress.
(b) The palace.
(c) The trees.
(d) The city.
11. Who accompanies Creon to see Teiresius?
12. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
13. Whose army is chased away at the end of the battle in The Phoenician Women?
14. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
(a) The Trojan Bacchae.
(b) The Armenian Bacchae.
(c) The Argive Bacchae.
(d) The Asian Bacchae.
15. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed by stones dropped from the wall in the battle in The Phoenician Women?
2. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
3. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
4. Who is Dionysus' mother?
5. Who is Antigone's betrothed husband the son of?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)