|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death does the chorus sing of in the beginning of The Bacchae?
2. How many captains does Creon suggest using to ambush the army?
3. Who takes a sword and stabs herself in the end of The Phoenician Women?
4. When the wild women scratch at the ground, what appears, in The Bacchae?
(b) Milk and honey.
(c) Water and fire.
5. Who has the greater army in the war in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The Argives.
(d) The Trojans.
6. Who kills the dragon that Ares has fathered?
7. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
8. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(a) All answers are correct.
9. Who drops stones from the wall during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
10. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
11. What natural disaster does Dionysus call forth in The Bacchae?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) An earthquake.
12. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
13. In what city-state is The Bacchae set?
14. Who slips on a stone, and his leg is exposed during the duel?
15. To whom is Antigone planned to wed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cadmus' grandson?
2. In the Phoenician Women, who does Ares seek revenge against?
3. The herders try to ambush who to bring her back to Pentheus?
4. What does Menoeceus do during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
5. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)