|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
2. In the Phoenician Women, who does Ares seek revenge against?
3. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
4. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
(a) Agave's mother.
(c) Semele's sisters.
5. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
6. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
(b) The chorus.
7. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
8. Dionysus offers to lead Pentheus where?
(a) To the villagers.
(b) To the heavens.
(c) To the gates.
(d) To the women.
9. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
(a) The Asian Bacchae.
(b) The Argive Bacchae.
(c) The Trojan Bacchae.
(d) The Armenian Bacchae.
10. Who accompanies Creon to see Teiresius?
11. In what city-state is The Bacchae set?
12. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
13. Who does Zeus strike down from the gate with lightning in the battle of The Phoenician Women?
14. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
15. Who is the new leader of Thebes at the end of The Phoenician Women?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Menoeceus do during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
2. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
3. What natural disaster does Dionysus call forth in The Bacchae?
4. Who is exiled at the end of The Phoenician Women?
5. Who comes to tell Pentheus of the women performing miracles on the mountain?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)