|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
2. Who goes to stop the duel to the death in The Phoenician Women?
(b) Eteocles and Jocasta.
(c) Jocasta calls Antigone.
(d) Creon and Jocasta.
3. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
4. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
5. What does Dionysus strike down with lightning?
(a) The palace.
(b) The fortress.
(c) The trees.
(d) The city.
6. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(d) All answers are correct.
7. Dionysus says that Pentheus must dress how to avoid being killed by the celebrants?
(a) As Dionysus.
(b) As Zeus.
(c) As a shepherd.
(d) As a woman.
8. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
(a) The Trojan Bacchae.
(b) The Armenian Bacchae.
(c) The Asian Bacchae.
(d) The Argive Bacchae.
9. The herders try to ambush who to bring her back to Pentheus?
10. Who is Cadmus' grandson?
11. Eteocles tells Creon that Polyneices will do what?
(a) Give up.
(b) Take the crown.
(c) Wage war.
(d) Return in a month.
12. Who drops stones from the wall during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
13. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
14. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
15. Where has Dionysus been traveling to gather followers?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Antigone planned to wed?
2. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
3. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
4. Whose army is chased away at the end of the battle in The Phoenician Women?
5. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)