|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eteocles pray to for victory in the duel?
2. Whose army is chased away at the end of the battle in The Phoenician Women?
3. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
(a) At night.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At noon.
(d) At dawn.
4. Who is Pentheus' mother?
5. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
6. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
(a) Mount Cithaeron.
(b) Mount Cyprus.
(c) Mount Olympus.
(d) Mount Hellene.
7. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
8. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
(a) Turned them mad.
(b) Seduced them.
(c) Sent them to Troy.
(d) Killed them.
9. What is the notable structure seen in the setting of The Bacchae?
(a) A smoking tomb.
(b) Apollo's altar.
(c) Dionysus' altar.
(d) A statue.
10. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
11. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
12. Who drops stones from the wall during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
13. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
(b) Semele's sisters.
(d) Agave's mother.
14. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
15. Whose death does the chorus sing of in the beginning of The Bacchae?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the greater army in the war in The Phoenician Women?
2. How many gates surround Thebes?
3. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
4. Who accompanies Creon to see Teiresius?
5. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)