|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
2. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
3. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
4. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
5. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
6. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
7. What does Dionysus strike down with lightning?
(a) The palace.
(b) The trees.
(c) The fortress.
(d) The city.
8. When the wild women scratch at the ground, what appears, in The Bacchae?
(c) Milk and honey.
(d) Water and fire.
9. Who is the new leader of Thebes at the end of The Phoenician Women?
10. What is the notable structure seen in the setting of The Bacchae?
(a) Apollo's altar.
(b) A smoking tomb.
(c) A statue.
(d) Dionysus' altar.
11. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(c) All answers are correct.
12. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
13. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
14. Polyneices, with his last breath, begs for what?
(a) To be buried in Thebes.
(b) For his wife to be queen.
(c) To be buried in Athens.
(d) To be buried in Argos.
15. The herders try to ambush who to bring her back to Pentheus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles decrees anyone who buries his brother in Thebes be what?
2. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
3. Who attacks with spears, but is fought off by the Thebian army in The Phoenician Women?
4. Who calls Dionysus the greatest god, after hearing of the wild women in The Bacchae?
5. Who does Zeus strike down from the gate with lightning in the battle of The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)