|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
(a) At night.
(b) At noon.
(c) At dusk.
(d) At dawn.
2. Who is the founder of Thebes?
3. Who drops stones from the wall during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
4. In the Phoenician Women, who does Ares seek revenge against?
5. What is the setting for the opening of The Bacchae?
(a) A palace.
(b) Apollo's shrine.
(c) A Dionysian altar.
(d) A farm house.
6. Who takes a sword and stabs herself in the end of The Phoenician Women?
7. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
(d) The pedagogue.
8. Who comes to tell Pentheus of the women performing miracles on the mountain?
(c) A herdsman.
9. Who is killed by stones dropped from the wall in the battle in The Phoenician Women?
10. To whom is Antigone planned to wed?
11. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
12. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
13. What does Dionysus strike down with lightning?
(a) The trees.
(b) The palace.
(c) The fortress.
(d) The city.
14. Who calls Dionysus the greatest god, after hearing of the wild women in The Bacchae?
15. Whose death does the chorus sing of in the beginning of The Bacchae?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the wild women of The Bacchae, who hears the cows and wakes the other women up?
2. Who goes to stop the duel to the death in The Phoenician Women?
3. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
4. When the wild women scratch at the ground, what appears, in The Bacchae?
5. Who is Antigone's betrothed husband the son of?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)