|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Dionysus the greatest god, after hearing of the wild women in The Bacchae?
2. Who is Pentheus' mother?
3. Who is the new leader of Thebes at the end of The Phoenician Women?
4. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
5. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
6. Polyneices, with his last breath, begs for what?
(a) To be buried in Athens.
(b) For his wife to be queen.
(c) To be buried in Thebes.
(d) To be buried in Argos.
7. Who goes to stop the duel to the death in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Eteocles and Jocasta.
(c) Jocasta calls Antigone.
(d) Creon and Jocasta.
8. Instead of Dionysus, what is in the stable that is to be Dionysus' prison?
9. Who comes to tell Pentheus of the women performing miracles on the mountain?
(d) A herdsman.
10. What does Menoeceus do during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Kills Aegisthus.
(b) Sacrifices himself.
(c) Kills Teiresius.
(d) Kills Creon.
11. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
12. Who attacks with spears, but is fought off by the Thebian army in The Phoenician Women?
13. When the wild women scratch at the ground, what appears, in The Bacchae?
(a) Milk and honey.
(c) Water and fire.
14. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
(a) At dusk.
(b) At night.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At noon.
15. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural disaster does Dionysus call forth in The Bacchae?
2. Who kills the dragon that Ares has fathered?
3. The herders try to ambush who to bring her back to Pentheus?
4. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
5. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)