|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
(a) Turned them mad.
(b) Seduced them.
(c) Sent them to Troy.
(d) Killed them.
2. Who is the new leader of Thebes at the end of The Phoenician Women?
3. How many captains does Creon suggest using to ambush the army?
4. Eteocles decrees anyone who buries his brother in Thebes be what?
5. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(d) All answers are correct.
6. In the Phoenician Women, who does Ares seek revenge against?
7. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
8. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
9. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
10. Who is Pentheus' mother?
11. Who is the founder of Thebes?
12. Whose army is chased away at the end of the battle in The Phoenician Women?
13. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
14. Who does Eteocles pray to for victory in the duel?
15. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural disaster does Dionysus call forth in The Bacchae?
2. Dionysus says that Pentheus must dress how to avoid being killed by the celebrants?
3. Who does Zeus strike down from the gate with lightning in the battle of The Phoenician Women?
4. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
5. What is the setting for the opening of The Bacchae?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)