|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pentheus' mother?
2. Who drops stones from the wall during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
3. Whose army is chased away at the end of the battle in The Phoenician Women?
4. Who does Zeus strike down from the gate with lightning in the battle of The Phoenician Women?
5. Of the wild women of The Bacchae, who hears the cows and wakes the other women up?
6. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(c) All answers are correct.
7. Eteocles tells Creon that Polyneices will do what?
(a) Give up.
(b) Take the crown.
(c) Return in a month.
(d) Wage war.
8. Who does Eteocles pray to for victory in the duel?
9. Who is Dionysus' mother?
10. Dionysus offers to lead Pentheus where?
(a) To the heavens.
(b) To the villagers.
(c) To the women.
(d) To the gates.
11. To whom is Antigone planned to wed?
12. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
13. What is the notable structure seen in the setting of The Bacchae?
(a) A smoking tomb.
(b) Dionysus' altar.
(c) Apollo's altar.
(d) A statue.
14. Who is the new leader of Thebes at the end of The Phoenician Women?
15. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
(a) Seduced them.
(b) Killed them.
(c) Turned them mad.
(d) Sent them to Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
2. Who is Antigone's betrothed husband the son of?
3. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
4. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
5. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)