|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polyneices, with his last breath, begs for what?
(a) To be buried in Argos.
(b) For his wife to be queen.
(c) To be buried in Thebes.
(d) To be buried in Athens.
2. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
3. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
4. Who is killed by stones dropped from the wall in the battle in The Phoenician Women?
5. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
6. The herders try to ambush who to bring her back to Pentheus?
7. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
8. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Turned them mad.
(c) Sent them to Troy.
(d) Seduced them.
9. What does Menoeceus do during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Kills Aegisthus.
(b) Sacrifices himself.
(c) Kills Creon.
(d) Kills Teiresius.
10. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
11. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
(a) The fortress.
(b) The cattle.
(c) The trees.
(d) The lambs.
12. Where has Dionysus been traveling to gather followers?
13. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
14. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
(a) The Armenian Bacchae.
(b) The Trojan Bacchae.
(c) The Argive Bacchae.
(d) The Asian Bacchae.
15. Who slips on a stone, and his leg is exposed during the duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pentheus' mother?
2. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
3. Instead of Dionysus, what is in the stable that is to be Dionysus' prison?
4. Who comes to tell Pentheus of the women performing miracles on the mountain?
5. Who calls Dionysus the greatest god, after hearing of the wild women in The Bacchae?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)