|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
(d) The pedagogue.
2. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
3. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
4. How many gates surround Thebes?
5. Who comes to tell Pentheus of the women performing miracles on the mountain?
(c) A herdsman.
6. Who drops stones from the wall during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
7. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
8. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
9. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
(a) The fortress.
(b) The cattle.
(c) The trees.
(d) The lambs.
10. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
11. Who did Zeus hide Dionysus from as a child?
12. Who is killed by stones dropped from the wall in the battle in The Phoenician Women?
13. Who is Pentheus' mother?
14. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
15. Of the wild women of The Bacchae, who hears the cows and wakes the other women up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears when one of the wild women of the Bacchae strikes the ground?
2. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
3. Who kills the dragon that Ares has fathered?
4. Where has Dionysus been traveling to gather followers?
5. What is the setting for the opening of The Bacchae?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)