|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the greater army in the war in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The Trojans.
(c) The Argives.
2. Who attacks with spears, but is fought off by the Thebian army in The Phoenician Women?
3. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
4. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
5. Polyneices, with his last breath, begs for what?
(a) To be buried in Athens.
(b) For his wife to be queen.
(c) To be buried in Thebes.
(d) To be buried in Argos.
6. In the Phoenician Women, who does Ares seek revenge against?
7. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
(c) The pedagogue.
8. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
9. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
10. Who accompanies Creon to see Teiresius?
11. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
(a) Agave's mother.
(b) Semele's sisters.
12. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At noon.
(c) At dusk.
(d) At night.
13. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
(d) The chorus.
14. Of the wild women of The Bacchae, who hears the cows and wakes the other women up?
15. The herders try to ambush who to bring her back to Pentheus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles tells Creon that Polyneices will do what?
2. When the wild women scratch at the ground, what appears, in The Bacchae?
3. What appears when one of the wild women of the Bacchae strikes the ground?
4. Whose army is chased away at the end of the battle in The Phoenician Women?
5. Whose death does the chorus sing of in the beginning of The Bacchae?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)