|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
(a) The Argive Bacchae.
(b) The Armenian Bacchae.
(c) The Trojan Bacchae.
(d) The Asian Bacchae.
2. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
3. Who slips on a stone, and his leg is exposed during the duel?
4. Who kills the dragon that Ares has fathered?
5. Where has Dionysus been traveling to gather followers?
6. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
7. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
8. Who is Antigone's betrothed husband the son of?
(a) The pedagogue.
9. Who drops stones from the wall during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
10. Who has the greater army in the war in The Phoenician Women?
(b) The Argives.
(d) The Trojans.
11. What does Menoeceus do during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Sacrifices himself.
(b) Kills Creon.
(c) Kills Teiresius.
(d) Kills Aegisthus.
12. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
13. Who retreats when realizing the gods are against him?
14. Who did Zeus hide Dionysus from as a child?
15. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of Dionysus, what is in the stable that is to be Dionysus' prison?
2. How many gates surround Thebes?
3. Eteocles decrees anyone who buries his brother in Thebes be what?
4. Who is Cadmus' grandson?
5. Who is exiled at the end of The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)