|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new leader of Thebes at the end of The Phoenician Women?
2. Who retreats when realizing the gods are against him?
3. What appears when one of the wild women of the Bacchae strikes the ground?
(a) A spring of milk.
(b) A spring of wine.
(c) A fire.
4. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(b) All answers are correct.
5. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
(a) The Argive Bacchae.
(b) The Trojan Bacchae.
(c) The Armenian Bacchae.
(d) The Asian Bacchae.
6. What natural disaster does Dionysus call forth in The Bacchae?
(a) A tsunami.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A volcano.
7. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
8. The herders try to ambush who to bring her back to Pentheus?
9. Who drops stones from the wall during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
10. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
(b) The pedagogue.
11. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
(a) Mount Hellene.
(b) Mount Cithaeron.
(c) Mount Cyprus.
(d) Mount Olympus.
12. Where has Dionysus been traveling to gather followers?
13. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
14. Who welcomes Dionysus after he escapes the stable?
15. Instead of Dionysus, what is in the stable that is to be Dionysus' prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
2. Who kills the dragon that Ares has fathered?
3. Who goes to stop the duel to the death in The Phoenician Women?
4. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
5. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)