|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The herders try to ambush who to bring her back to Pentheus?
2. Who does Zeus strike down from the gate with lightning in the battle of The Phoenician Women?
3. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
4. Who retreats when realizing the gods are against him?
5. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
6. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
7. How does Dionysus appear when he enters?
(a) As a bull.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a man.
(d) As a god.
8. Who kills the dragon that Ares has fathered?
9. What is the setting for the opening of The Bacchae?
(a) A Dionysian altar.
(b) Apollo's shrine.
(c) A farm house.
(d) A palace.
10. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
11. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
12. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
13. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
(a) The Trojan Bacchae.
(b) The Asian Bacchae.
(c) The Armenian Bacchae.
(d) The Argive Bacchae.
14. When the wild women scratch at the ground, what appears, in The Bacchae?
(c) Milk and honey.
(d) Water and fire.
15. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pentheus' mother?
2. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
3. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
4. Dionysus offers to lead Pentheus where?
5. Who attacks with spears, but is fought off by the Thebian army in The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)