|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus in The Phoenician Women is waiting to be sent where?
(a) Dionysus' shrine.
(b) Teiresius' oracle.
(c) Apollo's shrine.
(d) Loxias' oracle.
2. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
(a) In the country.
(b) Within the city.
(c) By the river.
(d) On a grave.
3. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
(a) The farmer.
(d) The old man.
4. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(b) The Nymphs.
5. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
(a) By the fortress.
(b) At the palace.
(c) Walking in a meadow.
(d) On the war field.
6. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) A mirror.
(b) Tea leaves.
(c) The bull's innards.
(d) A bowl of water.
7. What does Electra ask her husband to get for them?
8. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
(d) The farmer.
9. How long is Agamemnon gone to war?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
10. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
(a) The Dioscuri.
11. Who kills Agamemnon?
(b) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(c) Orestes and Electra.
12. What does Laius do with his son?
(a) Abandons him to die.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Buries him alive.
(d) Sells him to a farmer.
13. Who does Electra NOT want the body to be seen by?
14. By what is Orestes recognized?
(a) A freckle.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His eyes.
(d) A scar.
15. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
(a) The farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oedipus learns the truth about his background, what does he do?
2. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
3. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
4. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
5. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)