Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orestes fears being tried for what?
2. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A king.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A beggar.
3. Where does Agamemnon go to fight?
4. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
5. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
(a) A wig.
(b) A tiara.
(c) A crown.
(d) A water jug.
6. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
7. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
(b) The old man.
(d) The farmer.
8. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(a) The Nymphs.
9. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
10. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) An upcoming feast day.
(d) Her brother's arrival.
11. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
(b) Orestes' servant.
(c) Agamemnon's servant.
12. What is Electra doing when Orestes first sees her?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Attending a banquet.
13. Who says that good character cannot be judged by riches, poverty or courage?
(d) The farmer.
14. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her son's.
(b) Her daughter's.
(c) Her husband's.
(d) Her mother's.
15. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
(a) On a grave.
(b) By the river.
(c) Within the city.
(d) In the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra's husband say that it's improper for Electra to do?
2. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
3. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
4. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
5. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)