|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
2. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
(a) Phoenician women.
(b) Trojan women.
(c) Argive peasant women.
(d) Thebian peasant women.
3. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
4. What does Electra's husband say that it's improper for Electra to do?
(c) Go to festivals.
(d) Speak with strange men.
5. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
6. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
(c) Agamemnon's servant.
7. Who enters with Antigone in her first entrance in The Phoenician Women?
(c) The pedagogue.
8. What is Electra doing when Orestes first sees her?
(b) Attending a banquet.
(d) Getting married.
9. Who does Electra tell that her husband is alive?
10. Who does Electra send her husband to go find when the strangers enter the cottage?
(a) Her father's servant.
11. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
(a) On the war field.
(b) Walking in a meadow.
(c) At the palace.
(d) By the fortress.
12. Who married Electra to her current husband?
13. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(b) The Nymphs.
14. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To wash.
(b) To clean meat.
(c) To drink.
(d) To give to their maidens.
15. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) A funeral.
(b) Her brother's arrival.
(c) A wedding.
(d) An upcoming feast day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Clytemnestra's daughter?
2. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
3. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
4. Orestes fears being tried for what?
5. Who enters with Orestes in his first appearance in Electra?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)