|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
2. Who does Electra ask to hide the body of Aegisthus?
(a) The chorus.
(b) The farmer.
3. What kind of blade does Orestes use to skin the animal with Aegisthus?
4. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To clean meat.
(b) To wash.
(c) To give to their maidens.
(d) To drink.
5. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) The bull's innards.
(b) A bowl of water.
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) A mirror.
6. Who enters with Orestes in his first appearance in Electra?
7. What does Electra's husband say that it's improper for Electra to do?
(a) Speak with strange men.
(c) Go to festivals.
8. Who does Electra say would recognize her brother if he saw him?
(a) Her father's servant.
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
9. Who is the wife of Laius?
10. Who has Agamemnon brought back as a concubine from the war?
11. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A king.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A farmer.
12. Orestes fears being tried for what?
13. Who becomes Clytemnestra's lover?
14. How long is Agamemnon gone to war?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
15. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
(c) The old servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
2. Whose servant arrives with food for Electra and her guests?
3. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
4. Who is killed in sacrifice for the Trojan War?
5. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)