|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Electra married to?
(d) A poor farmer.
2. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
(a) A water jug.
(b) A wig.
(c) A crown.
(d) A tiara.
3. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
(b) The farmer.
4. Who is Clytemnestra's daughter?
5. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
(c) The farmer.
6. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
(d) Agamemnon's servant.
7. Who is killed in sacrifice for the Trojan War?
8. Who is Agamemnon's son?
9. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
10. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
11. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
12. Whose servant arrives with food for Electra and her guests?
13. Who enters with Antigone in her first entrance in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The pedagogue.
14. Who married Electra to her current husband?
15. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
(b) Orestes' servant.
(c) Agamemnon's servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
2. Where does Agamemnon go to fight?
3. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
4. Who becomes Clytemnestra's lover?
5. What does Electra's husband say that it's improper for Electra to do?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)