|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
2. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(d) The Nymphs.
3. What kind of blade does Orestes use to skin the animal with Aegisthus?
4. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
(b) Agamemnon's servant.
5. What is the opening scene of Electra?
(a) A tower.
(b) A war field.
(c) A castle.
(d) A farm cottage.
6. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
(a) The farmer.
7. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
(a) Take the crown from his brother.
(b) Marry Iphegenia.
(c) Kill Aegisthus and Clytemnestra.
(d) Marry Electra.
8. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) The bull's innards.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A bowl of water.
(d) Tea leaves.
9. Who walks around Orestes looking at him in the cottage?
(d) The servant.
10. The chorus in The Phoenician Women is waiting to be sent where?
(a) Apollo's shrine.
(b) Dionysus' shrine.
(c) Loxias' oracle.
(d) Teiresius' oracle.
11. Who is Laius' son?
12. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
13. Whose servant arrives with food for Electra and her guests?
14. What does Orestes ask the old servant once he is discovered?
(a) Whether Agamemnon is alive.
(b) Whether his fiancee is married.
(c) Whether Aegisthus is dead.
(d) Whether he has any friends left in Argos.
15. Who has Agamemnon brought back as a concubine from the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
2. Who is Clytemnestra's daughter?
3. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
4. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
5. Who does Electra ask to hide the body of Aegisthus?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)