|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
2. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
3. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her husband's.
(b) Her son's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her daughter's.
4. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
(a) Beating a cow.
(b) Servile tasks.
5. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(d) The Nymphs.
6. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
7. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
8. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
(a) The farmer.
9. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A king.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A beggar.
10. Who does Electra ask to hide the body of Aegisthus?
(a) The chorus.
(b) The farmer.
11. Electra condemns all men who confuse what with power?
12. Who kills Agamemnon?
(a) Orestes and Electra.
(b) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
13. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To give to their maidens.
(b) To clean meat.
(c) To wash.
(d) To drink.
14. What does Laius do with his son?
(a) Sells him to a farmer.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Buries him alive.
(d) Abandons him to die.
15. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
(a) A slaughtered dragon.
(b) A slaughtered lamb.
(c) A slaughtered virgin.
(d) A slaughtered bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
2. Who does Electra tell that her husband is alive?
3. Who does Electra explain to her guests the servant is?
4. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
5. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)