|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
2. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
(a) Pylades' corpse.
(b) The knife he used.
(c) Aegisthus' corpse.
(d) Clytemnestra's corpse.
3. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
(a) A slaughtered dragon.
(b) A slaughtered lamb.
(c) A slaughtered bull.
(d) A slaughtered virgin.
4. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
5. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
(a) Argive peasant women.
(b) Thebian peasant women.
(c) Phoenician women.
(d) Trojan women.
6. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
(a) He was born with it.
(b) Chasing a fawn.
(c) He was shot with an arrow.
(d) He was dropped as a child.
7. Who does Electra ask to hide the body of Aegisthus?
(b) The chorus.
(c) The farmer.
8. What does Laius do with his son?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Sells him to a farmer.
(c) Abandons him to die.
(d) Buries him alive.
9. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
10. Who is killed in sacrifice for the Trojan War?
11. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
(a) Electra and Orestes.
(b) Antigone and Aegisthus.
(d) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
12. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) The bull's innards.
(b) Tea leaves.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A bowl of water.
13. What is Electra doing when Orestes first sees her?
(c) Getting married.
(d) Attending a banquet.
14. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
(a) The farmer.
15. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) A funeral.
(b) An upcoming feast day.
(c) Her brother's arrival.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
2. What does Electra ask her husband to get for them?
3. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
4. Electra condemns all men who confuse what with power?
5. Orestes tells Electra that he's having second thoughts about killing whom?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)