|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) The bull's innards.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A bowl of water.
(d) Tea leaves.
2. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
(a) The farmer.
3. Who enters with Orestes in his first appearance in Electra?
4. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(d) The Nymphs.
5. In what city-state does Clytemnestra rule?
6. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
(d) The old servant.
7. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
(a) On a grave.
(b) By the river.
(c) Within the city.
(d) In the country.
8. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
9. Where does Agamemnon go to fight?
10. Who is Laius' son?
11. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
(b) The Dioscuri.
12. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(a) His daughters.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sons.
13. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
(a) A tiara.
(b) A crown.
(c) A wig.
(d) A water jug.
14. Who kills Agamemnon?
(c) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(d) Orestes and Electra.
15. Orestes fears being tried for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
2. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
3. Who has Agamemnon brought back as a concubine from the war?
4. The chorus in The Phoenician Women is waiting to be sent where?
5. Who is the wife of Laius?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)