|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
2. What is the opening scene of Electra?
(a) A farm cottage.
(b) A tower.
(c) A war field.
(d) A castle.
3. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
(a) The old servant.
4. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
5. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
(a) The farmer.
6. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A bowl of water.
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) The bull's innards.
7. What goddess will be celebrated in the beginning of Electra?
8. Where does Agamemnon go to fight?
9. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
(d) Agamemnon's servant.
10. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
11. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
(a) In the country.
(b) On a grave.
(c) Within the city.
(d) By the river.
12. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
(a) A wig.
(b) A crown.
(c) A water jug.
(d) A tiara.
13. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
14. Who does Electra say would recognize her brother if he saw him?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father's servant.
(c) Her sister.
15. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(b) His sons.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
2. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
3. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
4. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
5. Who does Electra say was NOT properly buried?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)