|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose servant arrives with food for Electra and her guests?
2. What goddess will be celebrated in the beginning of Electra?
3. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
(a) Clytemnestra's corpse.
(b) Pylades' corpse.
(c) Aegisthus' corpse.
(d) The knife he used.
4. Who married Electra to her current husband?
5. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
6. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
(a) Within the city.
(b) By the river.
(c) In the country.
(d) On a grave.
7. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
8. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(d) The Nymphs.
9. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
(a) A funeral pyre.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) A fortress.
(d) A palace.
10. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
11. The chorus in The Phoenician Women is waiting to be sent where?
(a) Dionysus' shrine.
(b) Teiresius' oracle.
(c) Loxias' oracle.
(d) Apollo's shrine.
12. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
13. Electra condemns all men who confuse what with power?
14. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) A bowl of water.
(c) The bull's innards.
(d) A mirror.
15. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
(a) Mistrusting her.
(b) Not feeding her.
(c) Raping her.
(d) Abusing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Agamemnon brought back as a concubine from the war?
2. In what city-state does Clytemnestra rule?
3. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
4. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
5. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)