|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) A dragon.
(c) The Dioscuri.
(d) The king.
2. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(a) His daughters.
(b) His wife.
(d) His sons.
3. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
4. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
5. Orestes tells Electra that he's having second thoughts about killing whom?
6. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A bowl of water.
(d) The bull's innards.
7. What does Orestes ask the old servant once he is discovered?
(a) Whether Aegisthus is dead.
(b) Whether he has any friends left in Argos.
(c) Whether Agamemnon is alive.
(d) Whether his fiancee is married.
8. Who does Electra tell that her husband is alive?
9. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
(a) Kill Aegisthus and Clytemnestra.
(b) Take the crown from his brother.
(c) Marry Iphegenia.
(d) Marry Electra.
10. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To give to their maidens.
(b) To wash.
(c) To drink.
(d) To clean meat.
11. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
12. Where does Agamemnon go to fight?
13. Who does Electra tell her husband the messengers are from?
14. Who walks around Orestes looking at him in the cottage?
(c) The servant.
15. By what is Orestes recognized?
(a) His eyes.
(b) A freckle.
(c) His mouth.
(d) A scar.
Short Answer Questions
1. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
2. Who is Clytemnestra's daughter?
3. Electra condemns all men who confuse what with power?
4. What is the opening scene of Electra?
5. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)