|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
2. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
(b) The farmer.
(c) The old man.
3. Who married Electra to her current husband?
4. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
(c) The Dioscuri.
5. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
6. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
(a) A farmhouse.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A funeral pyre.
(d) A palace.
7. Orestes fears being tried for what?
8. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
9. Who does Oedipus marry?
10. What does Laius do with his son?
(a) Abandons him to die.
(b) Buries him alive.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Sells him to a farmer.
11. What does Electra's husband say that it's improper for Electra to do?
(c) Go to festivals.
(d) Speak with strange men.
12. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
13. Orestes tells Electra that he's having second thoughts about killing whom?
14. What is Oedipus awarded for lifting the torment on Thebes?
(a) The kingdom.
(c) A diamond.
15. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her daughter's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her husband's.
(d) Her son's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters with Antigone in her first entrance in The Phoenician Women?
2. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
3. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
4. How many children does Oedipus have?
5. What is the opening scene of Electra?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)