|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
(a) A funeral pyre.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A palace.
(d) A farmhouse.
2. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
3. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her daughter's.
(b) Her son's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her husband's.
4. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
(a) He was dropped as a child.
(b) Chasing a fawn.
(c) He was born with it.
(d) He was shot with an arrow.
5. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
(d) The Dioscuri.
6. Orestes tells Electra that he's having second thoughts about killing whom?
7. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
(b) The Dioscuri.
8. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
(b) Electra and Orestes.
(c) Antigone and Aegisthus.
(d) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
9. What food and provisions are brought to Electra for her and her guests?
(a) Bull, mead and water.
(b) Lamb, flowers, cheese and wine.
(c) Lamb, onions, and potatoes.
(d) Lamb, olives, and water.
10. Who is Clytemnestra's daughter?
11. Who was Clytemnestra's first husband?
12. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) The Dioscuri.
(c) A dragon.
(d) The king.
13. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
14. Who kills Agamemnon?
(c) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(d) Orestes and Electra.
15. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
(a) The farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
2. Who does Electra send her husband to go find when the strangers enter the cottage?
3. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
4. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
5. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)