|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks around Orestes looking at him in the cottage?
(c) The servant.
2. Who does Electra say was NOT properly buried?
3. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
(a) Beating a cow.
(c) Servile tasks.
4. Who enters with Antigone in her first entrance in The Phoenician Women?
(d) The pedagogue.
5. Who does Electra tell that her husband is alive?
6. Who does Electra explain to her guests the servant is?
(a) The one who killed Agamemnon.
(b) The one who saved Orestes.
(c) The one who killed Pylades.
(d) The one who works for Clytemnestra.
7. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(d) The Nymphs.
8. Who has Agamemnon brought back as a concubine from the war?
9. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her daughter's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her husband's.
(d) Her son's.
10. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
(a) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(c) Electra and Orestes.
(d) Antigone and Aegisthus.
11. When Oedipus learns the truth about his background, what does he do?
(a) Gouges out his eyes.
(b) Leaves Thebes.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Divorces his wife.
12. Who does Electra tell her husband the messengers are from?
13. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
(a) On the war field.
(b) Walking in a meadow.
(c) At the palace.
(d) By the fortress.
14. In what city-state does Clytemnestra rule?
15. The chorus in The Phoenician Women is waiting to be sent where?
(a) Dionysus' shrine.
(b) Apollo's shrine.
(c) Teiresius' oracle.
(d) Loxias' oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food and provisions are brought to Electra for her and her guests?
2. Who is Agamemnon's son?
3. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
4. What is Electra doing when Orestes first sees her?
5. Who says that good character cannot be judged by riches, poverty or courage?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)