|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
(c) The old servant.
2. Who does Electra tell that her husband is alive?
3. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
(a) Electra and Orestes.
(c) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(d) Antigone and Aegisthus.
4. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
(a) Within the city.
(b) On a grave.
(c) In the country.
(d) By the river.
5. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
6. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
7. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
8. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
9. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
(a) Phoenician women.
(b) Trojan women.
(c) Thebian peasant women.
(d) Argive peasant women.
10. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
(c) The farmer.
11. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A king.
12. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(a) The Nymphs.
13. What food and provisions are brought to Electra for her and her guests?
(a) Lamb, olives, and water.
(b) Bull, mead and water.
(c) Lamb, onions, and potatoes.
(d) Lamb, flowers, cheese and wine.
14. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
(a) A wig.
(b) A water jug.
(c) A crown.
(d) A tiara.
15. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
(a) He was shot with an arrow.
(b) He was born with it.
(c) Chasing a fawn.
(d) He was dropped as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Clytemnestra's lover?
2. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
3. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
4. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
5. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)