|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Agamemnon gone to war?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
2. What is Oedipus awarded for lifting the torment on Thebes?
(a) The kingdom.
(c) A diamond.
3. Who does Aegisthus want to kill for fear of revenge?
4. Who does Oedipus marry?
5. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
6. Who does Electra say was NOT properly buried?
7. The chorus in The Phoenician Women is waiting to be sent where?
(a) Dionysus' shrine.
(b) Apollo's shrine.
(c) Loxias' oracle.
(d) Teiresius' oracle.
8. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
9. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
(a) Beating a cow.
(d) Servile tasks.
10. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
(d) The old servant.
11. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
(a) Electra and Orestes.
(c) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(d) Antigone and Aegisthus.
12. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) A wedding.
(b) An upcoming feast day.
(c) A funeral.
(d) Her brother's arrival.
13. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The king.
(b) A dragon.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The Dioscuri.
14. Orestes tells Electra that he's having second thoughts about killing whom?
15. What is Electra doing when Orestes first sees her?
(a) Attending a banquet.
(b) Getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
2. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
3. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
4. Who does Electra NOT want the body to be seen by?
5. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)