|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) The bull's innards.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A bowl of water.
(d) Tea leaves.
2. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To give to their maidens.
(b) To clean meat.
(c) To drink.
(d) To wash.
3. Who becomes Clytemnestra's lover?
4. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
(b) The Dioscuri.
5. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
6. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
(a) The farmer.
7. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
(a) He was born with it.
(b) He was dropped as a child.
(c) He was shot with an arrow.
(d) Chasing a fawn.
8. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The king.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) A dragon.
(d) The Dioscuri.
9. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
(a) By the fortress.
(b) On the war field.
(c) Walking in a meadow.
(d) At the palace.
10. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
11. Who does Electra send her husband to go find when the strangers enter the cottage?
(d) Her father's servant.
12. What does Orestes ask the old servant once he is discovered?
(a) Whether Aegisthus is dead.
(b) Whether his fiancee is married.
(c) Whether he has any friends left in Argos.
(d) Whether Agamemnon is alive.
13. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
(b) The old man.
(c) The farmer.
14. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
(c) Orestes' servant.
(d) Agamemnon's servant.
15. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
(a) Raping her.
(b) Abusing her.
(c) Not feeding her.
(d) Mistrusting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that good character cannot be judged by riches, poverty or courage?
2. Whose servant arrives with food for Electra and her guests?
3. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
4. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
5. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)