|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
(a) Walking in a meadow.
(b) On the war field.
(c) By the fortress.
(d) At the palace.
2. Who does Electra say was NOT properly buried?
3. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To give to their maidens.
(b) To drink.
(c) To wash.
(d) To clean meat.
4. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
(b) The farmer.
5. Orestes fears being tried for what?
6. What is Oedipus awarded for lifting the torment on Thebes?
(b) A diamond.
(d) The kingdom.
7. What does Laius do with his son?
(a) Sells him to a farmer.
(b) Buries him alive.
(c) Abandons him to die.
(d) Kills him.
8. Who married Electra to her current husband?
9. Who does Electra tell that her husband is alive?
10. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
(a) The farmer.
11. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
(a) He was shot with an arrow.
(b) He was born with it.
(c) Chasing a fawn.
(d) He was dropped as a child.
12. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
13. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
(a) The Dioscuri.
14. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her son's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her husband's.
(d) Her daughter's.
15. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
(a) On a grave.
(b) In the country.
(c) Within the city.
(d) By the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
2. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
3. Orestes tells Electra that he's having second thoughts about killing whom?
4. How many children does Oedipus have?
5. Who does Electra explain to her guests the servant is?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)