|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(b) The Nymphs.
2. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
(a) A king.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A farmer.
3. Who does Electra NOT want the body to be seen by?
4. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
5. Who does Electra ask to hide the body of Aegisthus?
(a) The chorus.
(b) The farmer.
6. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) A bowl of water.
(c) The bull's innards.
(d) A mirror.
7. Who does Electra tell her husband the messengers are from?
8. What does Electra ask her husband to get for them?
9. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
(a) Agamemnon's servant.
10. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
11. What does Orestes ask the old servant once he is discovered?
(a) Whether his fiancee is married.
(b) Whether he has any friends left in Argos.
(c) Whether Agamemnon is alive.
(d) Whether Aegisthus is dead.
12. Who walks around Orestes looking at him in the cottage?
(b) The servant.
13. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
14. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
(a) Clytemnestra's corpse.
(b) Aegisthus' corpse.
(c) Pylades' corpse.
(d) The knife he used.
15. Orestes tells Electra that he's having second thoughts about killing whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
2. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
3. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
4. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
5. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)