|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Electra say would recognize her brother if he saw him?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father's servant.
2. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
(c) The farmer.
3. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
4. Who is the wife of Laius?
5. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
6. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
7. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
8. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her daughter's.
(c) Her son's.
(d) Her husband's.
9. What is Oedipus awarded for lifting the torment on Thebes?
(b) A diamond.
(d) The kingdom.
10. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
(a) On the war field.
(b) At the palace.
(c) By the fortress.
(d) Walking in a meadow.
11. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
(d) The farmer.
12. Who is Agamemnon's son?
13. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
(a) A funeral pyre.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) A fortress.
(d) A palace.
14. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
(a) Kill Aegisthus and Clytemnestra.
(b) Marry Iphegenia.
(c) Take the crown from his brother.
(d) Marry Electra.
15. Who married Electra to her current husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
2. Who does Electra send her husband to go find when the strangers enter the cottage?
3. Who enters with Antigone in her first entrance in The Phoenician Women?
4. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
5. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)