|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks around Orestes looking at him in the cottage?
(d) The servant.
2. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
3. Who is killed in sacrifice for the Trojan War?
4. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her daughter's.
(b) Her son's.
(c) Her husband's.
(d) Her mother's.
5. Who does Electra ask to hide the body of Aegisthus?
(a) The chorus.
(b) The farmer.
6. How many children does Oedipus have?
7. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
(c) Servile tasks.
(d) Beating a cow.
8. What does Laius do with his son?
(a) Sells him to a farmer.
(b) Abandons him to die.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Buries him alive.
9. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
(d) The farmer.
10. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
(b) Orestes' servant.
(d) Agamemnon's servant.
11. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
12. Who says that good character cannot be judged by riches, poverty or courage?
(d) The farmer.
13. Who does Aegisthus want to kill for fear of revenge?
14. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) The Dioscuri.
(c) A dragon.
(d) The king.
15. When Oedipus learns the truth about his background, what does he do?
(a) Divorces his wife.
(b) Gouges out his eyes.
(c) Leaves Thebes.
(d) Kills himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
2. What is Oedipus awarded for lifting the torment on Thebes?
3. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
4. What goddess will be celebrated in the beginning of Electra?
5. Who kills Agamemnon?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)