|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
(a) Beating a cow.
(c) Servile tasks.
2. By what is Orestes recognized?
(a) A freckle.
(b) A scar.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His mouth.
3. When Oedipus learns the truth about his background, what does he do?
(a) Leaves Thebes.
(b) Gouges out his eyes.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Divorces his wife.
4. Who does Electra NOT want the body to be seen by?
5. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
(d) Agamemnon's servant.
6. What is the opening scene of Electra?
(a) A farm cottage.
(b) A tower.
(c) A war field.
(d) A castle.
7. Who does Oedipus marry?
8. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
9. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
10. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
(b) The old servant.
11. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
(a) A palace.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A funeral pyre.
(d) A farmhouse.
12. What goddess will be celebrated in the beginning of Electra?
13. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
(b) The Dioscuri.
14. How long is Agamemnon gone to war?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) One year.
15. Who has Agamemnon brought back as a concubine from the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
2. Who does Electra send her husband to go find when the strangers enter the cottage?
3. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
4. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
5. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)