|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
(b) The farmer.
2. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
(a) Orestes' servant.
(c) Agamemnon's servant.
3. What food and provisions are brought to Electra for her and her guests?
(a) Lamb, olives, and water.
(b) Lamb, flowers, cheese and wine.
(c) Lamb, onions, and potatoes.
(d) Bull, mead and water.
4. Who does Electra say was NOT properly buried?
5. What does Laius do with his son?
(a) Buries him alive.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Abandons him to die.
(d) Sells him to a farmer.
6. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
7. Who is killed in sacrifice for the Trojan War?
8. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
9. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
10. Orestes tells Electra that he's having second thoughts about killing whom?
11. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her daughter's.
(b) Her husband's.
(c) Her son's.
(d) Her mother's.
12. What is Oedipus awarded for lifting the torment on Thebes?
(b) A diamond.
(c) The kingdom.
13. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
14. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
(a) Not feeding her.
(b) Abusing her.
(c) Raping her.
(d) Mistrusting her.
15. Who says that good character cannot be judged by riches, poverty or courage?
(c) The farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who married Electra to her current husband?
2. By what is Orestes recognized?
3. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
4. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
5. Who does Electra ask to hide the body of Aegisthus?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)