|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
(d) The farmer.
2. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughters.
(c) His sons.
3. When Oedipus learns the truth about his background, what does he do?
(a) Kills himself.
(b) Divorces his wife.
(c) Leaves Thebes.
(d) Gouges out his eyes.
4. Who does Electra say was NOT properly buried?
5. What does Electra ask her husband to get for them?
6. Who becomes Clytemnestra's lover?
7. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
(a) The knife he used.
(b) Pylades' corpse.
(c) Clytemnestra's corpse.
(d) Aegisthus' corpse.
8. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
9. Who does Electra tell her husband the messengers are from?
10. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To wash.
(b) To clean meat.
(c) To drink.
(d) To give to their maidens.
11. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
(a) A funeral pyre.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A palace.
(d) A farmhouse.
12. Who was Clytemnestra's first husband?
13. Who is the wife of Laius?
14. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) A wedding.
(b) Her brother's arrival.
(c) An upcoming feast day.
(d) A funeral.
15. Who is killed in sacrifice for the Trojan War?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Electra tell that her husband is alive?
2. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
3. In what city-state does Clytemnestra rule?
4. What goddess will be celebrated in the beginning of Electra?
5. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)