|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(a) The Nymphs.
2. How long is Agamemnon gone to war?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
3. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
4. What does Electra's husband say that it's improper for Electra to do?
(a) Speak with strange men.
(d) Go to festivals.
5. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
6. Who says that good character cannot be judged by riches, poverty or courage?
(c) The farmer.
7. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The Dioscuri.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The king.
(d) A dragon.
8. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
9. Who is killed in sacrifice for the Trojan War?
10. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
11. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
12. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her daughter's.
(c) Her son's.
(d) Her husband's.
13. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
14. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
(b) Orestes' servant.
(c) Agamemnon's servant.
15. Who kills Agamemnon?
(b) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(c) Orestes and Electra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
2. Whose servant arrives with food for Electra and her guests?
3. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
4. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
5. What does Electra ask her husband to get for them?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)