|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) An upcoming feast day.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) Her brother's arrival.
2. Whose death does the chorus sing of in the beginning of The Bacchae?
3. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
4. Coryphaeus counters to the messenger who chides her for praising Dionysus that she is not _____ and follows her god.
5. Who is killed in sacrifice for the Trojan War?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
2. Pentheus cannot see the women at the end of The Bacchae, so he wants to climb what?
3. Who becomes Clytemnestra's lover?
4. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
5. What goddess will be celebrated in the beginning of Electra?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)