|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(c) All answers are correct.
2. Who goes to stop the duel to the death in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Creon and Jocasta.
(b) Eteocles and Jocasta.
(c) Jocasta calls Antigone.
3. Who calls Dionysus the greatest god, after hearing of the wild women in The Bacchae?
4. What does Menoeceus do during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Kills Teiresius.
(b) Kills Aegisthus.
(c) Sacrifices himself.
(d) Kills Creon.
5. Who is Dionysus' mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Electra condemns all men who confuse what with power?
2. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
3. In what city-state is The Bacchae set?
4. Who enters with Antigone in her first entrance in The Phoenician Women?
5. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)