|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of blade does Orestes use to skin the animal with Aegisthus?
2. Who does Zeus strike down from the gate with lightning in the battle of The Phoenician Women?
3. Who is the first to attack Pentheus among the Bacchae?
4. When Oedipus learns the truth about his background, what does he do?
(a) Leaves Thebes.
(b) Divorces his wife.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Gouges out his eyes.
5. What food and provisions are brought to Electra for her and her guests?
(a) Lamb, onions, and potatoes.
(b) Bull, mead and water.
(c) Lamb, flowers, cheese and wine.
(d) Lamb, olives, and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
2. The herders try to ambush who to bring her back to Pentheus?
3. Orestes tells Electra that he's having second thoughts about killing whom?
4. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
5. What does Dionysus strike down with lightning?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)