|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who laments in grief, but says that Dionysus' punishment is just in the end of The Bacchae?
2. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
3. By what is Orestes recognized?
(a) His eyes.
(b) A scar.
(c) A freckle.
(d) His mouth.
4. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
(a) A slaughtered lamb.
(b) A slaughtered dragon.
(c) A slaughtered bull.
(d) A slaughtered virgin.
5. Polyneices, with his last breath, begs for what?
(a) To be buried in Athens.
(b) For his wife to be queen.
(c) To be buried in Argos.
(d) To be buried in Thebes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
2. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
3. How does Dionysus appear when he enters?
4. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
5. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)