|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Clytemnestra's daughter?
2. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
(a) The fortress.
(b) The cattle.
(c) The lambs.
(d) The trees.
3. What appears when one of the wild women of the Bacchae strikes the ground?
(a) A spring of milk.
(b) A fire.
(d) A spring of wine.
4. Who is now preparing for a battle to the death, according to the messenger after the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Creon and Tydeus.
(b) Tydeus and Eteocles.
(c) Teiresius and Polyneices.
(d) Polyneices and Eteocles.
5. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
(d) The old servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
2. The herders try to ambush who to bring her back to Pentheus?
3. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
4. How does Dionysus appear in the end of The Bacchae?
5. Whose death does the chorus sing of in the beginning of The Bacchae?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)