|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dionysus' mother?
2. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
(c) The chorus.
3. Eteocles tells Creon that Polyneices will do what?
(a) Take the crown.
(b) Return in a month.
(c) Wage war.
(d) Give up.
4. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
(a) A slaughtered virgin.
(b) A slaughtered dragon.
(c) A slaughtered bull.
(d) A slaughtered lamb.
5. Who does Electra NOT want the body to be seen by?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
2. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
3. What is the setting for the opening of The Bacchae?
4. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
5. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)