|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The old man.
2. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
(a) Walking in a meadow.
(b) On the war field.
(c) At the palace.
(d) By the fortress.
3. Who comes to tell Pentheus of the women performing miracles on the mountain?
(c) A herdsman.
4. What food and provisions are brought to Electra for her and her guests?
(a) Bull, mead and water.
(b) Lamb, olives, and water.
(c) Lamb, flowers, cheese and wine.
(d) Lamb, onions, and potatoes.
5. Coryphaeus counters to the messenger who chides her for praising Dionysus that she is not _____ and follows her god.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the wife of Laius?
2. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
3. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
4. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
5. What is Electra doing when Orestes first sees her?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)