|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
2. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
3. Who accompanies Creon to see Teiresius?
4. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
(a) The chorus.
5. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last section of The Bacchae, a messenger from what place meets Coryphaeus, moaning the collapse of the palace?
2. Who drops stones from the wall during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
3. Who welcomes Dionysus after he escapes the stable?
4. How many gates surround Thebes?
5. Who helps collect the body of Pentheus in The Bacchae?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)