|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(d) All answers are correct.
2. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
(a) The farmer.
3. In telling of the future, what does Dionysus say will happen to the people of Thebes?
(a) They will reap gold.
(b) They will become slaves.
(c) They will worship forever.
(d) Their punishment is over.
4. What does Electra's husband say that it's improper for Electra to do?
(b) Speak with strange men.
(c) Go to festivals.
5. How does Dionysus appear when he enters?
(a) As a man.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a bull.
(d) As a god.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
2. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
3. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
4. Dionysus says that Pentheus must dress how to avoid being killed by the celebrants?
5. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)