|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
2. Who will save Cadmus and his wife at the end, according to Dionysus, at the end of The Bacchae?
3. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
(a) By the fortress.
(b) At the palace.
(c) Walking in a meadow.
(d) On the war field.
4. When Oedipus learns the truth about his background, what does he do?
(a) Gouges out his eyes.
(b) Leaves Thebes.
(c) Divorces his wife.
(d) Kills himself.
5. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To wash.
(b) To give to their maidens.
(c) To drink.
(d) To clean meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
2. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
3. Who comes to tell Pentheus of the women performing miracles on the mountain?
4. Who calls Dionysus the greatest god, after hearing of the wild women in The Bacchae?
5. How does Dionysus appear when he enters?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)