|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is now preparing for a battle to the death, according to the messenger after the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Creon and Tydeus.
(b) Teiresius and Polyneices.
(c) Tydeus and Eteocles.
(d) Polyneices and Eteocles.
2. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
(a) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(b) Antigone and Aegisthus.
(c) Electra and Orestes.
3. Who does Electra explain to her guests the servant is?
(a) The one who killed Pylades.
(b) The one who saved Orestes.
(c) The one who works for Clytemnestra.
(d) The one who killed Agamemnon.
4. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
(a) A slaughtered bull.
(b) A slaughtered virgin.
(c) A slaughtered dragon.
(d) A slaughtered lamb.
5. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The Dioscuri.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The king.
(d) A dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Agamemnon's son?
2. By what is Orestes recognized?
3. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
4. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
5. How many captains does Creon suggest using to ambush the army?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)