|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the notable structure seen in the setting of The Bacchae?
(a) A smoking tomb.
(b) A statue.
(c) Dionysus' altar.
(d) Apollo's altar.
2. In what city-state does Clytemnestra rule?
3. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
(b) The farmer.
4. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
5. What natural disaster does Dionysus call forth in The Bacchae?
(a) A volcano.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) A hurricane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
2. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
3. Dionysus says that Pentheus must dress how to avoid being killed by the celebrants?
4. In what city-state is The Bacchae set?
5. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)