|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death does the chorus sing of in the beginning of The Bacchae?
2. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
3. Who is the wife of Laius?
4. Who is killed in sacrifice for the Trojan War?
5. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
(a) Sent them to Troy.
(b) Seduced them.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Turned them mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
2. In what city-state is The Bacchae set?
3. What does Menoeceus do during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
4. Orestes fears being tried for what?
5. Who says that good character cannot be judged by riches, poverty or courage?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)