|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Turned them mad.
(c) Sent them to Troy.
(d) Seduced them.
2. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) The bull's innards.
(c) A bowl of water.
(d) A mirror.
3. Who is Antigone's betrothed husband the son of?
(b) The pedagogue.
4. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) Her brother's arrival.
(b) A wedding.
(c) An upcoming feast day.
(d) A funeral.
5. What is the notable structure seen in the setting of The Bacchae?
(a) Dionysus' altar.
(b) A statue.
(c) Apollo's altar.
(d) A smoking tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
2. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
3. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
4. Who attacks with spears, but is fought off by the Thebian army in The Phoenician Women?
5. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)