|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that good character cannot be judged by riches, poverty or courage?
(a) The farmer.
2. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
3. Who goes to stop the duel to the death in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Creon and Jocasta.
(c) Eteocles and Jocasta.
(d) Jocasta calls Antigone.
4. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
(a) Mount Cithaeron.
(b) Mount Hellene.
(c) Mount Cyprus.
(d) Mount Olympus.
5. Who enters with Orestes in his first appearance in Electra?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
2. To whom is Antigone planned to wed?
3. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
4. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
5. Who is Electra married to?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)