|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
(a) Clytemnestra's corpse.
(b) Pylades' corpse.
(c) The knife he used.
(d) Aegisthus' corpse.
2. Who is now preparing for a battle to the death, according to the messenger after the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(b) Tydeus and Eteocles.
(c) Teiresius and Polyneices.
(d) Creon and Tydeus.
3. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
(a) The trees.
(b) The fortress.
(c) The lambs.
(d) The cattle.
4. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
(a) A water jug.
(b) A tiara.
(c) A crown.
(d) A wig.
5. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
(d) The farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
2. What goddess will be celebrated in the beginning of Electra?
3. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
4. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
5. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)