|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
(a) A farmhouse.
(b) A palace.
(c) A fortress.
(d) A funeral pyre.
2. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(b) His daughters.
(c) His sons.
(d) His wife.
3. Who is Agamemnon's son?
4. Who welcomes Dionysus after he escapes the stable?
5. Who did Zeus hide Dionysus from as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
2. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
3. Who takes a sword and stabs herself in the end of The Phoenician Women?
4. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
5. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)