|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
(a) By the river.
(b) Within the city.
(c) In the country.
(d) On a grave.
2. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
(d) The chorus.
3. What is the opening scene of Electra?
(a) A farm cottage.
(b) A war field.
(c) A tower.
(d) A castle.
4. Who is exiled at the end of The Phoenician Women?
5. Who does Zeus strike down from the gate with lightning in the battle of The Phoenician Women?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
2. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
3. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
4. Who does Electra say would recognize her brother if he saw him?
5. How does Dionysus appear when he enters?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)