|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes a sword and stabs herself in the end of The Phoenician Women?
2. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
(b) The farmer.
3. Who is now preparing for a battle to the death, according to the messenger after the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Tydeus and Eteocles.
(b) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(c) Creon and Tydeus.
(d) Teiresius and Polyneices.
4. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
5. What food and provisions are brought to Electra for her and her guests?
(a) Lamb, flowers, cheese and wine.
(b) Bull, mead and water.
(c) Lamb, onions, and potatoes.
(d) Lamb, olives, and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
2. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
3. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
4. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
5. Who slips on a stone, and his leg is exposed during the duel?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)