|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 114-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
(a) Clytemnestra's corpse.
(b) Pylades' corpse.
(c) Aegisthus' corpse.
(d) The knife he used.
2. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
3. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
(b) The Dioscuri.
4. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
5. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
2. What is the opening scene of Electra?
3. Who enters with Antigone in her first entrance in The Phoenician Women?
4. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
5. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)