|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 114-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At noon.
(d) At night.
2. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
3. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
4. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
(d) The Nymphs.
5. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) A dragon.
(c) The Dioscuri.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oedipus marry?
2. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
3. What is Oedipus awarded for lifting the torment on Thebes?
4. Who kills the dragon that Ares has fathered?
5. Who retreats when realizing the gods are against him?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)