|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 114-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus in The Phoenician Women is waiting to be sent where?
(a) Teiresius' oracle.
(b) Loxias' oracle.
(c) Apollo's shrine.
(d) Dionysus' shrine.
2. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
(a) The farmer.
3. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
(a) Electra and Orestes.
(c) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(d) Antigone and Aegisthus.
4. In what city-state does Clytemnestra rule?
5. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) Her brother's arrival.
(d) An upcoming feast day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Electra send her husband to go find when the strangers enter the cottage?
2. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
3. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
4. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
5. Who attacks with spears, but is fought off by the Thebian army in The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)