|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 114-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
(a) Trojan women.
(b) Argive peasant women.
(c) Thebian peasant women.
(d) Phoenician women.
2. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
3. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
(a) A farmhouse.
(b) A funeral pyre.
(c) A palace.
(d) A fortress.
4. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
5. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
(a) A slaughtered lamb.
(b) A slaughtered dragon.
(c) A slaughtered bull.
(d) A slaughtered virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
2. Whose servant arrives with food for Electra and her guests?
3. How many captains does Creon suggest using to ambush the army?
4. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
5. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)