|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 114-140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
2. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
3. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) A bowl of water.
(c) A mirror.
(d) The bull's innards.
4. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
5. How many children does Oedipus have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
2. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
3. Who goes to stop the duel to the death in The Phoenician Women?
4. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
5. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)