|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra, pages 42-66.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
(a) Raping her.
(b) Abusing her.
(c) Mistrusting her.
(d) Not feeding her.
2. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
(a) Take the crown from his brother.
(b) Marry Electra.
(c) Kill Aegisthus and Clytemnestra.
(d) Marry Iphegenia.
3. What does Orestes ask the old servant once he is discovered?
(a) Whether Aegisthus is dead.
(b) Whether Agamemnon is alive.
(c) Whether he has any friends left in Argos.
(d) Whether his fiancee is married.
4. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) An upcoming feast day.
(b) A wedding.
(c) Her brother's arrival.
(d) A funeral.
5. Who walks around Orestes looking at him in the cottage?
(d) The servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Agamemnon's son?
2. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
3. What kind of blade does Orestes use to skin the animal with Aegisthus?
4. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
5. Who does Aegisthus want to kill for fear of revenge?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)