|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra, pages 23-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
(a) Argive peasant women.
(b) Thebian peasant women.
(c) Trojan women.
(d) Phoenician women.
2. Who walks around Orestes looking at him in the cottage?
(b) The servant.
3. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
(b) Beating a cow.
(d) Servile tasks.
4. What does Orestes ask the old servant once he is discovered?
(a) Whether his fiancee is married.
(b) Whether he has any friends left in Argos.
(c) Whether Agamemnon is alive.
(d) Whether Aegisthus is dead.
5. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
(a) A crown.
(b) A wig.
(c) A water jug.
(d) A tiara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
2. Who does Electra say was NOT properly buried?
3. Who does Electra send her husband to go find when the strangers enter the cottage?
4. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
5. What goddess will be celebrated in the beginning of Electra?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)