|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
(a) Agamemnon's servant.
2. What is the setting for the opening of The Bacchae?
(a) Apollo's shrine.
(b) A Dionysian altar.
(c) A palace.
(d) A farm house.
3. Whose death does the chorus sing of in the beginning of The Bacchae?
4. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
(a) A slaughtered lamb.
(b) A slaughtered bull.
(c) A slaughtered dragon.
(d) A slaughtered virgin.
5. What is Electra doing when Orestes first sees her?
(a) Getting married.
(c) Attending a banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
2. In what city-state is The Bacchae set?
3. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
4. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
5. Where does Agamemnon go to fight?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)