|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
(a) Mount Hellene.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) Mount Cithaeron.
(d) Mount Cyprus.
2. Dionysus says that Pentheus must dress how to avoid being killed by the celebrants?
(a) As a shepherd.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As Zeus.
(d) As Dionysus.
3. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The Sphinx.
(b) A dragon.
(c) The king.
(d) The Dioscuri.
4. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
(d) The farmer.
5. How many children does Oedipus have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
2. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
3. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
4. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
5. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)