|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
2. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
3. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
(c) The pedagogue.
4. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
5. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) Her brother's arrival.
(b) An upcoming feast day.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears when one of the wild women of the Bacchae strikes the ground?
2. Who is Electra married to?
3. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
4. What does Dionysus strike down with lightning?
5. Who enters with Antigone in her first entrance in The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)