|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
(a) A slaughtered dragon.
(b) A slaughtered lamb.
(c) A slaughtered virgin.
(d) A slaughtered bull.
2. Who is Laius' son?
3. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To wash.
(b) To clean meat.
(c) To give to their maidens.
(d) To drink.
4. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) Mount Hellene.
(c) Mount Cyprus.
(d) Mount Cithaeron.
5. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
2. Who is Clytemnestra's daughter?
3. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
4. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
5. Who does Electra NOT want the body to be seen by?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)