|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
2. Who is now preparing for a battle to the death, according to the messenger after the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Creon and Tydeus.
(b) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(c) Tydeus and Eteocles.
(d) Teiresius and Polyneices.
3. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
(a) Walking in a meadow.
(b) On the war field.
(c) By the fortress.
(d) At the palace.
4. How many captains does Creon suggest using to ambush the army?
5. What appears when one of the wild women strikes a rock with a stick in The Bacchae?
(a) A fire.
(b) A tree.
(c) A team of leopards.
(d) A spring of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Agamemnon?
2. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
3. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
4. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
5. Who did Zeus hide Dionysus from as a child?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)