|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Phoenician Women, who does Ares seek revenge against?
2. When Oedipus learns the truth about his background, what does he do?
(a) Gouges out his eyes.
(b) Divorces his wife.
(c) Leaves Thebes.
(d) Kills himself.
3. Who does Electra say would recognize her brother if he saw him?
(a) Her father's servant.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
4. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
5. Who does Aegisthus want to kill for fear of revenge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra's husband say that it's improper for Electra to do?
2. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
3. What food and provisions are brought to Electra for her and her guests?
4. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
5. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)