|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is reported that the women tore apart with bare hands in The Bacchae?
(a) The fortress.
(b) The cattle.
(c) The lambs.
(d) The trees.
2. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
(a) Servile tasks.
(d) Beating a cow.
3. Who comes to tell Pentheus of the women performing miracles on the mountain?
(c) A herdsman.
4. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
(a) Agamemnon's servant.
(b) Orestes' servant.
5. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Electra doing when Orestes first sees her?
2. Who has Agamemnon brought back as a concubine from the war?
3. Who is the wife of Laius?
4. Who does Eteocles pray to for victory in the duel?
5. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)