|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus in The Phoenician Women is waiting to be sent where?
(a) Dionysus' shrine.
(b) Loxias' oracle.
(c) Apollo's shrine.
(d) Teiresius' oracle.
2. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) A funeral.
(b) An upcoming feast day.
(c) A wedding.
(d) Her brother's arrival.
3. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
(a) The knife he used.
(b) Aegisthus' corpse.
(c) Clytemnestra's corpse.
(d) Pylades' corpse.
4. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) The bull's innards.
(b) A bowl of water.
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) A mirror.
5. Who is exiled at the end of The Phoenician Women?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Electra tell that her husband is alive?
2. Who is killed in sacrifice for the Trojan War?
3. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
4. What appears when one of the wild women strikes a rock with a stick in The Bacchae?
5. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)