|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
(a) A slaughtered lamb.
(b) A slaughtered virgin.
(c) A slaughtered bull.
(d) A slaughtered dragon.
2. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
(a) Mount Cithaeron.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) Mount Hellene.
(d) Mount Cyprus.
3. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
4. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A king.
5. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
(a) Argive peasant women.
(b) Trojan women.
(c) Thebian peasant women.
(d) Phoenician women.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
2. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
3. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
4. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
5. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)