|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for the opening of The Bacchae?
(a) A palace.
(b) A farm house.
(c) Apollo's shrine.
(d) A Dionysian altar.
2. Who takes a sword and stabs herself in the end of The Phoenician Women?
3. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
4. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
(a) A tiara.
(b) A wig.
(c) A crown.
(d) A water jug.
5. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
(a) The Dioscuri.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pentheus' mother?
2. Who has Agamemnon brought back as a concubine from the war?
3. The chorus in The Phoenician Women is waiting to be sent where?
4. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
5. What appears when one of the wild women of the Bacchae strikes the ground?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)