|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 179-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Bacchae, the chorus sings that ______ men are punished by the gods.
2. Who goes to stop the duel to the death in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Eteocles and Jocasta.
(b) Jocasta calls Antigone.
(c) Creon and Jocasta.
3. Who is Agamemnon's son?
4. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To give to their maidens.
(b) To drink.
(c) To clean meat.
(d) To wash.
5. Dionysus is the god of ____ and fertility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for the opening of The Bacchae?
2. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
3. What is the notable structure seen in the setting of The Bacchae?
4. Who is exiled at the end of The Phoenician Women?
5. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)