|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra, pages 42-66.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
(a) Argive peasant women.
(b) Thebian peasant women.
(c) Phoenician women.
(d) Trojan women.
2. Who does Electra tell her husband the messengers are from?
3. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
(b) The farmer.
4. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
5. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orestes fears being tried for what?
2. Who does Electra say would recognize her brother if he saw him?
3. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
4. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
5. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)