|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Electra, pages 42-66.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
(a) An upcoming feast day.
(b) Her brother's arrival.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
2. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
(b) Agamemnon's servant.
3. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
(a) Take the crown from his brother.
(b) Marry Iphegenia.
(c) Marry Electra.
(d) Kill Aegisthus and Clytemnestra.
4. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
(d) The Dioscuri.
5. What food and provisions are brought to Electra for her and her guests?
(a) Lamb, flowers, cheese and wine.
(b) Bull, mead and water.
(c) Lamb, onions, and potatoes.
(d) Lamb, olives, and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
2. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
3. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
4. Who married Electra to her current husband?
5. Who does Electra tell that her husband is alive?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)