|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 98-113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Antigone's betrothed husband the son of?
(d) The pedagogue.
2. How many captains does Creon suggest using to ambush the army?
3. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
(b) Servile tasks.
(c) Beating a cow.
4. Who kills Agamemnon?
(a) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(c) Orestes and Electra.
5. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A king.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
2. What is the opening scene of Electra?
3. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
4. Who does Electra ask to hide the body of Aegisthus?
5. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)