|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 98-113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(b) His daughters.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sons.
2. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
3. Who does Electra ask to hide the body of Aegisthus?
(b) The farmer.
(d) The chorus.
4. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
(a) Mistrusting her.
(b) Raping her.
(c) Abusing her.
(d) Not feeding her.
5. When Oedipus learns the truth about his background, what does he do?
(a) Kills himself.
(b) Leaves Thebes.
(c) Divorces his wife.
(d) Gouges out his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what is Orestes recognized?
2. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
3. Who becomes Clytemnestra's lover?
4. Who kills Agamemnon?
5. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)