|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 155-179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
2. Eteocles decrees anyone who buries his brother in Thebes be what?
3. Orestes tells Electra that he's having second thoughts about killing whom?
4. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) A bowl of water.
(b) A mirror.
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) The bull's innards.
5. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
2. Electra condemns all men who confuse what with power?
3. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
4. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
5. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)