|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 155-179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Antigone's betrothed husband the son of?
(b) The pedagogue.
2. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
3. Who makes up the chorus in The Bacchae?
(a) The Argive Bacchae.
(b) The Asian Bacchae.
(c) The Armenian Bacchae.
(d) The Trojan Bacchae.
4. Where does Orestes' party find Aegisthus?
(a) Walking in a meadow.
(b) By the fortress.
(c) On the war field.
(d) At the palace.
5. How does Dionysus appear when he enters?
(a) As a god.
(b) As a man.
(c) As a woman.
(d) As a bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
2. Whose death does the chorus sing of in the beginning of The Bacchae?
3. In what city-state is The Bacchae set?
4. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
5. Who is the founder of Thebes?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)