|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 155-179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
2. To whom is Antigone planned to wed?
3. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) A bowl of water.
(b) The bull's innards.
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) A mirror.
4. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
(d) The farmer.
5. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
(a) The chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
2. Who is Cadmus' grandson?
3. How many gates surround Thebes?
4. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
5. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)