|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 155-179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the notable structure seen in the setting of The Bacchae?
(a) Dionysus' altar.
(b) Apollo's altar.
(c) A smoking tomb.
(d) A statue.
2. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
3. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) A bowl of water.
(c) The bull's innards.
(d) A mirror.
4. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
5. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
(a) Seduced them.
(b) Sent them to Troy.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Turned them mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
2. Who does Teiresius say must die to save Thebes?
3. Who accompanies Creon to see Teiresius?
4. Eteocles decrees anyone who buries his brother in Thebes be what?
5. Who did Zeus hide Dionysus from as a child?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)