* The scene is a farm cottage; the farmer tells of King Agamemnon, who was victorious against Troy.
* When he returned to Argos, his wife Clytemnestra and her lover, Aegisthus, killed him, and now Aegisthus and Clytemnestra rule.
* Aegisthus wanted to kill Agamemnon's son, Orestes, but Agamemnon's servant saved the boy.
* Aegisthus feared Agamemnon's daughter Electra would marry a noble man and bear a son who would revenge Agamemnon, so he married Electra to the poor farmer.
* The farmer and Electra exit, and Orestes and his friend Pylades enter.
* Orestes has returned in secret to Argos to get revenge by killing Aegisthus and Clytemnestra.
* He is hiding out in the country so he won't be recognized, and so he can find his sister.
* Orestes and Pylades see what seems to be a servant girl coming and hide as a chorus of Argive peasant women enters, addressing...
This section contains 2,268 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)