|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eugene Onegin's reaction to Tatyana's letter?
(a) He laughed at it, thinking her simple.
(b) He was moved for a moment to passion.
(c) He considered making her his next conquest.
(d) He was uncomfortable with the innapropriateness of it.
2. What does Vladimir Lensky adore most about Olga?
(a) Her love of poetry.
(b) Her superficial attractions.
(c) Her astute mind and sharp wit.
(d) All of the above.
3. What can be said of Onegin's education?
(a) It was just enough for him to pass as well educated.
(b) It offered him an escape from his life through classic literature.
(c) He was never exposed to great minds and so lacked inspiration.
(d) It was a rigorous regime inflicted on Onegin since he was small.
4. As winter falls and he is stuck indoors, what is Eugene's only source of pleasure?
(a) Driving his troika.
(b) The visits from Vladimir Lensky.
(c) Re-reading Tatyana'sletter.
5. Which of the following personages best describes Onegin?
(a) A discontent who finds everthing beneath him.
(b) A witty and eloquent dandy who dances well.
(c) A well meaning but naive child of Russian aristocracy.
(d) A snobbish aristrocrat who manipulates people for his political advantage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator want with the author of THE FEASTS?
2. Why does Vladimir Lensky leave the company of Eugene Onegin each evening once their friendship is established?
3. What does the narrator say of Tatyana?
4. What does Eugene find when he reaches his uncle's estate in the country?
5. What was Tatyana most fond of growing up?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)