|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the narrator read his poetry?
(a) The muse that inspires it.
(b) His family and at public readings.
(c) Members of the literature society.
(d) His old nurse, visitors he can corner, and ducks.
2. What does the narrator confess to once having spent his last money on?
(a) Entertainment in winter.
(b) Traveling to see a girl.
(c) A trip to Moscow.
(d) Good champagne.
3. What was Eugene Onegin and Vladimir Lensky's favorite topic of discussion?
(c) Men's passions.
(d) Plans to travel around Europe.
4. What does the narrator take time from his story to praise?
(a) Women's feet.
(b) The beauty of the countryside.
(c) Russian theater.
(d) All of the above.
5. Which of the following best characterizes the presence of the narrator in the story EUGENE ONEGIN?
(a) Distant and preachy.
(b) Pivotal and active.
(c) Cold and distraught.
(d) Present and convivial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the letter that Tatyana writes?
2. To whom does the narrator claim to devote this poem?
3. What could be found in Eugene Onegin's private rooms?
4. What can be said of Eugene Onegin's father?
5. What is the first thing Tatyana does when she can't sleep at night?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)