|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What verdict did the neighbor's scrutiny have when it turned to Vladimir Lensky?
(a) He would be a good match for their daughters.
(b) He had returned from abroad too foreign.
(c) He was as eccentric as Eugene Onegin.
(d) None of the above.
2. What does the narrator find charming in women?
(a) Coyness in love.
(b) Russian spoken poorly.
(c) An attempt to write poetry.
(d) Fluency in multiple languages.
3. What is the first thing Tatyana does when she can't sleep at night?
(a) Tatyana reads romance novels to distract her mind so she can sleep.
(b) Tatyana runs through the forest to look at Eugene Onegin's house.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Tatyana wakes up her nurse and asks her about love in the old days.
4. What does the narrator say he will write a novel about?
(a) A story of gory passions.
(b) A romance to make Tatyana blush.
(c) An old fashioned tale of love and family life.
(d) A true story of heroism.
5. How long has Vladimir Lensky known Olga?
(a) Vladimir Lensky and Olga grew up together because their parents were friends.
(b) Vladimir Lensky was engaged to Olga from a baby but had never met her.
(c) Vladimir Lensky met Olga in Europe.
(d) Vladimir Lensky met Olga at one of the neighbors after returning from Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Eugene Onegin is done responding to Tatyana's letter?
2. What problem does the narrator have in presenting Tatyana's writing to the reader?
3. How did Tatyana's parents meet?
4. What does the narrator think of Eugene's actions?
5. How does Tatyana imagine herself and Eugene Onegin?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)