|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the death of Tatyana's father?
(a) Tatyana inherits the estate.
(b) Tatyana and her family are plunged into poverty.
(c) His wife feels finally free.
(d) Everybody mourns him.
2. What happens to interfere with the plans the new friends have made?
(a) Eugene Onegin's father dies and he hands over the estate to creditors.
(b) They borrow too much money and are exiled.
(c) His father sends Eugene to the country.
(d) His new friend is jailed for treason.
3. What does Eugene Onegin assume dinner at the Larin household will be like?
(a) Sincerely welcoming of guests.
(b) All of the above.
(c) A traditional Russian gathering.
(d) Tedious and boring.
4. What does Vladimir Lensky adore most about Olga?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Her astute mind and sharp wit.
(c) Her love of poetry.
(d) Her superficial attractions.
5. How does Eugene come to feel about Vladimir Lensky?
(a) Lensky's passion depresses Eugene.
(b) Eugene comes to hate Lensky for being happy.
(c) Eugene adores and respects him.
(d) Eugene finds him trite and repetitive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator take time from his story to praise?
2. Which of the following characters were designed as literary foils for each other?
3. What problem does the narrator have in presenting Tatyana's writing to the reader?
4. How does Vladimir Lensky feel about Olga?
5. What was Tatyana most fond of growing up?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)