|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eugene Onegin befriend while he is depressed?
(a) His uncle.
(c) The narrator.
(d) A wealthy Frenchman.
2. What did Eugene Onegin do that angered his new neighbors in the countryside?
(a) He institutes rent instead of unpaid labor from the peasants.
(b) He rides away whenever they come visit.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He does not address them with sufficient respect.
3. What caused Tatyana's mother great sadness in her youth?
(a) Her parents died when she was very young.
(b) She was separated from the man she loved to marry Tatyana's father.
(c) Her family disowned her when she eloped with her husband.
(d) Her true love died in battle.
4. Why does Tatyana send the nurse away at night?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The old woman's stories are dull.
(c) She has decided to write a letter.
(d) She needs to rest quietly.
5. What does Tatyana say in her letter to Eugene Onegin?
(a) She wishes he had never come to the country.
(b) She shrinks with shame and fear.
(c) She would have kept her love secret if she knew she would occasionally see him
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be said of Onegin's education?
2. What happens after the death of Tatyana's father?
3. What do the neighbors say after Eugene had dinner at the Larin estate?
4. What was Tatyana most fond of growing up?
5. What cycle does Pushkin write about at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)