|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eugene Onegin's reaction to Vladimir Lensky's death?
(a) He thought, 'well, he deserved it'.
(b) He showed no emotion.
(c) He laughed.
(d) He was horrified and shaken.
2. Which of the following best describes how the narrator describes Olga?
(a) The ideal woman.
(b) Silly and heartless.
(c) Perfect to the point of being boring.
(d) A common country girl.
3. What happens after the death of Tatyana's father?
(a) His wife feels finally free.
(b) Everybody mourns him.
(c) Tatyana and her family are plunged into poverty.
(d) Tatyana inherits the estate.
4. How did Tatyana's parents meet?
(a) They were both part of the fashionable Moscow crowd.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The were paired through an arranged marriage.
(d) They met and eloped when he was in the army.
5. How does Vladimir Lensky spend the night before the duel?
(a) Awake, writing poetry and thinking of Olga.
(c) Trying to think of a way out of the duel.
(d) Angrily accusing Eugene Onegin of all his misfortunes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters were designed as literary foils for each other?
2. What cycle does Pushkin write about at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What possible futures does the narrator entertain that Vladimir Lensky might have had?
4. What does Vladimir Lensky write poetry about?
5. What does Tatyana think of the way Eugene Onegin behaved with Olga at her name day celebration?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)