|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugene Onegin do when Zaretsky demands he have a second for the duel?
(a) Names his man in waiting as his second.
(b) Laughs at him.
(c) Tries to use this oversight as leverage to call off the duel.
(d) Tries to name Lensky as his second.
2. How does Eugene Onegin dancing with Olga end?
(a) Eugene and Olga retreat to the garden together.
(b) Eugene and Olga end up fighting.
(c) Vladimir Lensky confronts them and makes a scene.
(d) Eugene gets bored and Olga looks for Vladimir Lensky.
3. How does Eugene Onegin respond to Vladimir Lensky's note the day after Tanya's name day celebration?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He rushes out to make amends with his friend.
(c) He curtly accepts the challenge.
(d) He laughs out loud.
4. Where was Vladimir Lensky buried?
(a) In his grand estate cemetery.
(b) Beneath two pine trees near a creek.
(c) Where he fell.
(d) None of the above.
5. What was Eugene Onegin's reaction to Vladimir Lensky's death?
(a) He thought, 'well, he deserved it'.
(b) He laughed.
(c) He showed no emotion.
(d) He was horrified and shaken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is likely to have happened after the name day celebration had Zaretsky not intervened?
2. What was Eugene Onegin and Vladimir Lensky's favorite topic of discussion?
3. What does Tatyana do after she is rejected by Eugene?
4. Which of the following does Eugene tell Tatyana in response to her letter?
5. How does Eugene feel about the arrangement with Vladimir when he has time to reflect?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)