|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Wesley and Harry trying to get to at the end of "The Tradesman's Return"?
2. How does Mr. Harris' father die?
(b) Old age.
(c) War wound.
3. What does the narrator of "Wine of Wyoming" hunt for?
(a) Prairie dogs.
4. What does Nick do that gets him in trouble in "The Last Good Country"?
(a) Crashes into a police car.
(b) Shoots a protected deer.
(c) Is caught dealing drugs.
(d) Harasses a woman.
5. Who is Enrique waiting for in "Nobody Ever Dies"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Frazer spend most of his free time doing?
2. What is Blindy's nickname before he becomes blind?
3. Where are the Fontans from?
4. What does Nick say is very important for a son to do in "Fathers and Sons"?
5. Where are the soldiers hiding in "Under the Ridge"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harry and Wesley meet Captain Willie?
2. What does Littless do when she runs away with Nick in "The Last Good Country"?
3. What secret does Helena tell Robert after she drinks absinthe?
4. What do the Fontans make in secret, and why is it so secret?
5. What is the woman writing to the medical column about in "One Reader Writes"?
6. What happens to the three men who Harry refuses to take to the U.S. one day?
7. What does the good lion do when he is mocked for his strange eating habits?
8. How is Blindy blinded?
9. What does Edwin do when he suspects that Luis is a Fascist?
10. Why does the man in "Get a Seeing-Eyed Dog" ask his wife to leave him?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)