|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high is the little boy's temperature in "A Day's Wait"?
2. What is something Stevie and his father do together often?
(a) Go shooting.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Read poetry.
3. What is Stevie's last name?
4. What nickname does Robert have for Helena?
5. What does Paco do to avoid battle in "Under the Ridge"?
(b) Shoots his own hand.
(c) Plays dead.
(d) Pretends to be sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bull love to do?
2. What does the Porter use to show Jimmy a trick?
3. How long has the matador's mother been buried?
4. Where does Harry live?
5. Who does Jimmy talk with a lot while his father is sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the matador do when he receives notices about his mother's grave fee?
2. What does the job that the narrator holds entail in "Black Ass at the Cross Roads"?
3. What happens to the three men who Harry refuses to take to the U.S. one day?
4. What does Nick do for the Italian army after he has been discharged?
5. Why does the man in "Get a Seeing-Eyed Dog" ask his wife to leave him?
6. Why does the boy in "A Day's Wait" think he is going to die, and how is he calmed down?
7. How does Cayetano spend his days in the hospital?
8. What does David regret doing in "An African Story"?
9. What does Jimmy witness on "The Train Trip"?
10. What does Jimmy do while his father is still sleeping in "The Porter"?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)