|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevie do that wins a prize?
(a) Wins a race.
(b) Writes a short story.
(c) Wins a basketball game.
(d) Aces a test.
2. How long has the matador's mother been buried?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 5 weeks.
3. What is Edwin's Spanish name?
4. Why is Nick discharged from the army?
(a) He was badly wounded.
(b) His time was up.
(c) He committed a crime.
(d) Mental instability.
5. Who does Jimmy talk with a lot while his father is sleeping?
(a) The Porter.
(b) A guard.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) The engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick do for the Italian soldiers?
2. What is Edwin's job during the Spanish Civil War?
3. What is the man in the restaurant spraying the people with in "The Butterfly and the Tank"?
4. What do Harry and Wesley sell?
5. What does Harry own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Fontans make in secret, and why is it so secret?
2. How does the narrator of "A Natural History of the Dead" wish to present his information about death?
3. How does Maria act when she is captured in "Nobody Ever Dies"?
4. What happens when Harry and Wesley meet Captain Willie?
5. What causes an attack on the house Edwin is living in in "Landscape with Figures"?
6. What does the matador do when he receives notices about his mother's grave fee?
7. What happens to the faithful bull when he is set out to breed?
8. What makes Stevie's father disappointed in him?
9. Why does the man in "Get a Seeing-Eyed Dog" ask his wife to leave him?
10. What does Jimmy do while his father is still sleeping in "The Porter"?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)