Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Adolph Francis' partner?
2. What is Paco doing when he dies?
(b) Pretending to bullfight.
3. What has happened to the area where Nick sets up a permanent camp?
(a) It was defeated.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It was deserted.
(d) It was ransacked.
4. What is the old man at the bridge hiding from?
(a) A dog.
(b) His nurse.
(c) The Fascist army.
(d) The police.
5. What do the men do when the woman at the Indian camp is given a C-Section?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nick get home after ending his relationship with Marjorie?
2. What do Bill and Nick drink after the whiskey is gone?
3. What are the two waiters in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" waiting for?
4. What are the two men doing when they witness a funeral?
5. What is unique about the man that the two waiters are serving in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes an attack on the house Edwin is living in in "Landscape with Figures"?
2. What happens to Paco in "Under the Ridge"?
3. Who does the American soldier talk with during the night, and what is said?
4. What does Jimmy do while his father is still sleeping in "The Porter"?
5. What does the young couple reveal to the older American woman as the train stops?
6. What does the narrator tell the old man at the bridge to do, and why does he not listen?
7. What does the girl tell the boy in "The Sea Change", and how does he respond?
8. What is the story behind the burial that the two men witness while skiing?
9. What does Jimmy witness on "The Train Trip"?
10. How does the American couple feel about the trip Peduzzi takes them on, and why?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)