|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Campbell doing when Frank leaves him after finding him?
2. Why is Guy stopped by a fascist officer?
(a) He ate in a brothel.
(b) He looks like a socialist.
(c) He is carrying weapons.
(d) His license plate is dirty.
3. Who kills Francis Macomber?
(a) A train engineer.
(b) His wife.
(c) His safari guide.
(d) A German soldier.
4. Where are the waiters working in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place"?
(a) A diner.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bar.
(d) A cafy.
5. What is Campbell doing when he is caught by Frank?
(b) Doing drugs.
(c) Laundering money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peduzzi take an American couple out to do?
2. Who does the American woman say makes the best husbands?
3. What do the men do when the woman at the Indian camp is given a C-Section?
4. How old is Mrs. Elliot when she gets married?
5. What is Harry dying from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the patient want to be castrated, and what happens to him?
2. What does the narrator tell the old man at the bridge to do, and why does he not listen?
3. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
4. What happens when Turner catches up with William Campbell?
5. Why does Jack get a hotel room for the night of his last boxing match?
6. What do the waiters in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" talk about after the old deaf man leaves?
7. What are the two prostitutes in "The Light of the World" arguing about?
8. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
9. What is the story behind the burial that the two men witness while skiing?
10. Who does the American soldier talk with during the night, and what is said?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)