|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator put in prison?
(a) He was in a bar fight.
(b) He did not have any ID.
(c) He stole a boat.
(d) He killed a man.
2. Who are Al and Max looking for?
3. What occupation does Jim have?
4. Where does Nick meet Hopkins?
(a) At his house.
(b) On a train.
(c) At war.
(d) In a bar.
5. Who does Nick go skiing with?
(a) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the American soldier in Italy afraid of?
2. Where does the revolutionist end up in jail?
3. How long has the woman in the Indian camp been in labor when the doctor is brought in?
4. What do Bill and Nick talk about while they drink whiskey together?
5. What disfigures the peasant's wife's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the patient want to be castrated, and what happens to him?
2. What do Dr. Adams and Dick argue about?
3. Why does Jack get a hotel room for the night of his last boxing match?
4. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
5. What do the waiters in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" talk about after the old deaf man leaves?
6. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
7. How do Bill and Nick feel about Nick's ended relationship with Marjorie?
8. What are the two prostitutes in "The Light of the World" arguing about?
9. What does the girl tell the boy in "The Sea Change", and how does he respond?
10. What is Nick good at doing with women?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)