|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack lose his last match to?
2. What happens to the animals who cannot board the ship in Smyrna?
(a) They are branded and sold.
(b) They are injured and drowned.
(c) They are scattered.
(d) They are slaughtered.
3. What is the writer's main job in "Banal Story"?
(d) Cover stories.
4. Where are the Roman soldiers meeting in "Today is Friday"?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A train station.
(c) A wine cellar.
(d) Their base camp.
5. What do Bill and Nick drink after the whiskey is gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Francis Macomber when he dies?
2. What is Harold ashamed of when he returns home from the war?
3. What is Joey's father's occupation?
4. What is the American soldier in Italy afraid of?
5. Why does the boy think the girl wants to do the unnamed activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bill and Nick feel about Nick's ended relationship with Marjorie?
2. How does the American couple feel about the trip Peduzzi takes them on, and why?
3. Why does the patient want to be castrated, and what happens to him?
4. What does the narrator tell the old man at the bridge to do, and why does he not listen?
5. Why is Harold's mother worried about him when he returns from the war, and what does she have him do?
6. Why is Guy's car stopped as he travels through Italy, and what does he have to do to continue?
7. What happens when Turner catches up with William Campbell?
8. What does Nick tell Anderson, and how does Anderson respond?
9. What does Jim do with Liz after returning from his hunting trip?
10. What happens on the first day of Francis Macomber's hunting trip?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)