|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the writer's main job in "Banal Story"?
(a) Cover stories.
2. What is Harry dying from?
(a) A broken back.
(b) Yellow fever.
(d) A gangrenous wound.
3. What is significant about the waitress that serves Nick at the pub?
(a) She sounds like Marjorie.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She looks like his mother.
4. Where does 'Cat in the Rain' take place?
5. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend on the 4th of July?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the woman in the Indian camp been in labor when the doctor is brought in?
2. What does Dr. Wilcox carry with him while treating patients?
3. What is Campbell doing when he is caught by Frank?
4. What important question does a major have for an orderly?
5. What disfigures the peasant's wife's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the waiters in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" talk about after the old deaf man leaves?
2. How does Paco from "The Capital of the World" die?
3. What does the young couple reveal to the older American woman as the train stops?
4. How does Nick feel about his life in 'Big Two-Hearted River'?
5. Why is Guy's car stopped as he travels through Italy, and what does he have to do to continue?
6. How does Joey's father die, and how do the other men respond to this death?
7. How does the American couple feel about the trip Peduzzi takes them on, and why?
8. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
9. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
10. Why does the patient want to be castrated, and what happens to him?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)