|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find after the first storm?
(a) An abandoned bar.
(b) A luxury yacht.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A locked chest.
2. How many Roman soldiers are talked about in "Today is Friday"?
3. What does Dr. Adams do while he is talking to his wife after fighting with Dick?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Chops some wood.
(c) Cleans his gun.
(d) Eats his meal.
4. How does Nick get home after ending his relationship with Marjorie?
(a) Rides a bike.
(d) Rows a boat.
5. Where is the revolutionist tortured?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the American woman's daughter sad about?
2. What does the American soldier in Italy just survive?
3. What is Dick hired to do for Dr. Adams?
4. Who is an American woman taking a bird to?
5. What occupation does Zurito have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bill and Nick feel about Nick's ended relationship with Marjorie?
2. How does Nick feel about his life in 'Big Two-Hearted River'?
3. Why is Guy's car stopped as he travels through Italy, and what does he have to do to continue?
4. Why is Harold's mother worried about him when he returns from the war, and what does she have him do?
5. What is the story behind the burial that the two men witness while skiing?
6. What does the narrator tell the old man at the bridge to do, and why does he not listen?
7. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
8. How does Paco from "The Capital of the World" die?
9. Why does Jack get a hotel room for the night of his last boxing match?
10. What do Dr. Adams and Dick argue about?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)