|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harry dying from?
(b) A gangrenous wound.
(c) Yellow fever.
(d) A broken back.
2. Who kills Francis Macomber?
(a) His wife.
(b) A train engineer.
(c) A German soldier.
(d) His safari guide.
3. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
4. What has happened to the area where Nick sets up a permanent camp?
(a) It was ransacked.
(b) It was deserted.
(c) It was defeated.
(d) It was burned.
5. Where is the young couple sitting in "A Sea Change"?
(a) A park bench.
(b) A train station.
(c) A bar.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nick meet Luz?
2. What disfigures the peasant's wife's face?
3. What is Campbell doing when he is caught by Frank?
4. What is the occupation of the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
5. How many Roman soldiers are talked about in "Today is Friday"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
2. What is Nick doing when he meets Adolph Francis and Bugs?
3. What is Harold's one criteria in a wife?
4. Who does the American soldier talk with during the night, and what is said?
5. How does the American couple feel about the trip Peduzzi takes them on, and why?
6. How does Joey's father die, and how do the other men respond to this death?
7. What do Dr. Adams and Dick argue about?
8. What happens on the first day of Francis Macomber's hunting trip?
9. What does the narrator in "After the Storm" regret when he gets out of prison?
10. What does Jim do with Liz after returning from his hunting trip?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)