|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find after the first storm?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A luxury yacht.
(c) An abandoned bar.
(d) A locked chest.
2. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend on the 4th of July?
3. Where are the group of military men living in "A Simple Inquiry"?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A barrack.
(c) A tent.
(d) A house.
4. Where does 'Cat in the Rain' take place?
5. Where does Nick meet Hopkins?
(a) In a bar.
(b) On a train.
(c) At his house.
(d) At war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that kills Joey's father?
2. How old is the old man at the bridge?
3. What occupation does Jim have?
4. Who does Jack lose his last match to?
5. Why is the narrator put in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick's father tell him on the 4th of July, and how does Nick respond?
2. What are the officers in "In Another Country" doing in Milan?
3. How does Nick feel about his life in 'Big Two-Hearted River'?
4. What does the narrator tell the old man at the bridge to do, and why does he not listen?
5. Why does Jack get a hotel room for the night of his last boxing match?
6. What does Jim do with Liz after returning from his hunting trip?
7. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
8. What do the waiters in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" talk about after the old deaf man leaves?
9. What does the narrator in "After the Storm" regret when he gets out of prison?
10. How does Joey's father die, and how do the other men respond to this death?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)