|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important question does a major have for an orderly?
(a) If he has found the mole.
(b) If he is in love with a girl.
(c) If he remembers the plan of battle.
(d) If he knows the rules of the convention.
2. What do Bill and Nick drink after the whiskey is gone?
3. What has happened to the area where Nick sets up a permanent camp?
(a) It was ransacked.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It was deserted.
(d) It was defeated.
4. What is the name of the horse that kills Joey's father?
5. What kind of people stay at the Luarca hotel?
(b) Wealthy tourists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nick go skiing with?
2. Where are the two prostitutes arguing in "Light of the World"?
3. Where is Francis Macomber when he dies?
4. What do the men do when the woman at the Indian camp is given a C-Section?
5. What happens to the animals who cannot board the ship in Smyrna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Turner catches up with William Campbell?
2. Why does the patient want to be castrated, and what happens to him?
3. What happens on the first day of Francis Macomber's hunting trip?
4. What is Nick doing when he meets Adolph Francis and Bugs?
5. What do Dr. Adams and Dick argue about?
6. What does the narrator in "After the Storm" regret when he gets out of prison?
7. Why is Harold's mother worried about him when he returns from the war, and what does she have him do?
8. Who does the American soldier talk with during the night, and what is said?
9. What is Harold's one criteria in a wife?
10. How does Paco from "The Capital of the World" die?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)