|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
2. Where is the peasant's wife stored after she dies?
(a) An ice box.
(b) A woodshed.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) A shallow grave.
3. What does the American soldier in Italy just survive?
(a) A duel.
(b) Being stabbed.
(c) A bombing.
(d) A gunshot wound.
4. What does Dr. Wilcox carry with him while treating patients?
(a) A medical guide.
(b) A stethoscope.
(c) A defibulator.
(d) A dictionary.
5. Why is the narrator put in prison?
(a) He stole a boat.
(b) He did not have any ID.
(c) He was in a bar fight.
(d) He killed a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peduzzi take an American couple out to do?
2. What is Campbell doing when he is caught by Frank?
3. What is the American soldier in Italy afraid of?
4. Why is Guy stopped by a fascist officer?
5. Why is Francis Adolph crazy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bill and Nick feel about Nick's ended relationship with Marjorie?
2. How does the American couple feel about the trip Peduzzi takes them on, and why?
3. What are the officers in "In Another Country" doing in Milan?
4. What is Nick doing when he meets Adolph Francis and Bugs?
5. How does Paco from "The Capital of the World" die?
6. What does the narrator tell the old man at the bridge to do, and why does he not listen?
7. What is given precedence over the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
8. Who does the American soldier talk with during the night, and what is said?
9. What is Harold's one criteria in a wife?
10. What does Jim do with Liz after returning from his hunting trip?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)