|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a man recently ask Dr. Wilcox to do for him before trying to do it himself?
2. Where is the young couple sitting in "A Sea Change"?
(a) A train station.
(b) A park bench.
(c) A bar.
(d) A house.
3. What are the women in Smyrna clinging to?
(a) Their dead babies.
(b) Their clothes.
(c) Their children.
(d) Their husbands.
4. What is the American woman's daughter sad about?
(b) Losing a friend.
(d) Breaking up with a Swiss man.
5. Who makes Nick dinner on the 4th of July?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does the man who recently asked Dr. Wilcox for help bleed to death?
2. What does Peduzzi take an American couple out to do?
3. What is the old man at the bridge hiding from?
4. What is Harold ashamed of when he returns home from the war?
5. How does Nick get home after ending his relationship with Marjorie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is given precedence over the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
2. Why is Harold's mother worried about him when he returns from the war, and what does she have him do?
3. How does Joey's father die, and how do the other men respond to this death?
4. What does Nick's father tell him on the 4th of July, and how does Nick respond?
5. What do Dr. Adams and Dick argue about?
6. What are the officers in "In Another Country" doing in Milan?
7. What does Nick tell Anderson, and how does Anderson respond?
8. Why does the patient want to be castrated, and what happens to him?
9. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
10. How do Bill and Nick feel about Nick's ended relationship with Marjorie?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)