|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Adolph Francis' partner?
2. Who does Nick go skiing with?
(a) His father.
3. Why is Guy stopped by a fascist officer?
(a) He ate in a brothel.
(b) He looks like a socialist.
(c) His license plate is dirty.
(d) He is carrying weapons.
4. Where does William Campbell work previously?
(a) A burlesque show.
(b) A ski lodge.
(c) A bar.
(d) A circus.
5. Where does "After the Storm" take place?
(b) Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the young couple sitting when they talk about an unnamed activity?
2. What is Paco doing when he dies?
3. What does a man recently ask Dr. Wilcox to do for him before trying to do it himself?
4. Where does Nick meet Luz?
5. Where is Francis Macomber when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim do with Liz after returning from his hunting trip?
2. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
3. What is given precedence over the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
4. How does the American couple feel about the trip Peduzzi takes them on, and why?
5. What do the waiters in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" talk about after the old deaf man leaves?
6. What happens to the Indian woman's husband while she is undergoing a C-Section?
7. How do Bill and Nick feel about Nick's ended relationship with Marjorie?
8. What does the narrator in "After the Storm" regret when he gets out of prison?
9. How does Paco from "The Capital of the World" die?
10. What do Dr. Adams and Dick argue about?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)