|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nick go skiing with?
(d) His father.
2. How old is Mr. Elliot when he gets married?
3. How long has the woman in the Indian camp been in labor when the doctor is brought in?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 20 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 days.
4. What is significant about the waitress that serves Nick at the pub?
(a) She sounds like Marjorie.
(b) She is deaf.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She looks like his mother.
5. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has recently died in "Banal Story"?
2. Where does William Campbell work previously?
3. What disfigures the peasant's wife's face?
4. Who is in power while Guy is traveling through Italy?
5. Where is the young couple sitting when they talk about an unnamed activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator in "After the Storm" regret when he gets out of prison?
2. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
3. What happens on the first day of Francis Macomber's hunting trip?
4. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
5. What are the officers in "In Another Country" doing in Milan?
6. What is the story behind the burial that the two men witness while skiing?
7. What do Dr. Adams and Dick argue about?
8. What does Nick tell Anderson, and how does Anderson respond?
9. Why does Jack get a hotel room for the night of his last boxing match?
10. What does Nick's father tell him on the 4th of July, and how does Nick respond?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)