|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the boy think the girl wants to do the unnamed activity?
(a) To further her reputation.
(b) To show her affection.
(c) To please him.
(d) To prove something.
2. What does the narrator find after the first storm?
(a) A luxury yacht.
(b) A locked chest.
(c) An abandoned bar.
(d) A dead body.
3. What is Joey's father's occupation?
4. What is the writer's main job in "Banal Story"?
(b) Cover stories.
5. What is Campbell doing when he is caught by Frank?
(b) Doing drugs.
(c) Laundering money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disfigures the peasant's wife's face?
2. How old is the old man at the bridge?
3. Where does George work?
4. What does the bartender compliment the young man on in "A Sea Change"?
5. What is the name of the horse that kills Joey's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick tell Anderson, and how does Anderson respond?
2. How does Joey's father die, and how do the other men respond to this death?
3. What does the narrator tell the old man at the bridge to do, and why does he not listen?
4. Who does the American soldier talk with during the night, and what is said?
5. What does Nick's father tell him on the 4th of July, and how does Nick respond?
6. What does Jim do with Liz after returning from his hunting trip?
7. What is Nick doing when he meets Adolph Francis and Bugs?
8. What is Harold's one criteria in a wife?
9. How does Paco from "The Capital of the World" die?
10. What are the officers in "In Another Country" doing in Milan?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)