|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim make love to Liz?
(a) At his house.
(b) In an alley.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a warehouse.
2. Who has recently died in "Banal Story"?
(a) Juan Hernandez.
(b) Manuel Garcia.
(c) Pedro Fernandez.
(d) Hugo Ramirez.
3. What does the girl tell the boy in "A Sea Change"?
(a) She has cheated on him.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is leaving him.
(d) She loves him.
4. What does a man recently ask Dr. Wilcox to do for him before trying to do it himself?
5. Where is the peasant's wife stored after she dies?
(a) A shallow grave.
(b) A woodshed.
(c) An ice box.
(d) A bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Indian men does Nick see passed out on the 4th of July?
2. What does the bartender compliment the young man on in "A Sea Change"?
3. How does Nick get home after ending his relationship with Marjorie?
4. What kind of people stay at the Luarca hotel?
5. What is the old man at the bridge hiding from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the American soldier talk with during the night, and what is said?
2. What do the waiters in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" talk about after the old deaf man leaves?
3. What does the girl tell the boy in "The Sea Change", and how does he respond?
4. What are the officers in "In Another Country" doing in Milan?
5. What is Nick doing when he meets Adolph Francis and Bugs?
6. What do Dr. Adams and Dick argue about?
7. What are the two prostitutes in "The Light of the World" arguing about?
8. What is given precedence over the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
9. How does Nick feel about his life in 'Big Two-Hearted River'?
10. What happens when Turner catches up with William Campbell?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)