|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the two prostitutes arguing in "Light of the World"?
(a) A bar.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In prison.
(d) A train station.
2. Who does Nick go skiing with?
(c) His father.
3. Who has recently died in "Banal Story"?
(a) Manuel Garcia.
(b) Pedro Fernandez.
(c) Juan Hernandez.
(d) Hugo Ramirez.
4. What does Peduzzi take an American couple out to do?
5. What is the American woman's daughter sad about?
(a) Losing a friend.
(c) Breaking up with a Swiss man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nick meet Luz?
2. Who kills Francis Macomber?
3. Where does 'Cat in the Rain' take place?
4. How does Nick get home after ending his relationship with Marjorie?
5. What is the name of the favored cafy in "In Another Country"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story behind the burial that the two men witness while skiing?
2. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
3. What happens when Turner catches up with William Campbell?
4. How do Bill and Nick feel about Nick's ended relationship with Marjorie?
5. What does the narrator in "After the Storm" regret when he gets out of prison?
6. What is Harold's one criteria in a wife?
7. Why is Guy's car stopped as he travels through Italy, and what does he have to do to continue?
8. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
9. What does the girl tell the boy in "The Sea Change", and how does he respond?
10. How does Joey's father die, and how do the other men respond to this death?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)