|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disfigures the peasant's wife's face?
(a) The weight of the snow.
(b) Rats gnawing on her.
(c) The freezing temperatures.
(d) Hanging a lantern from her lips.
2. Who are Al and Max looking for?
3. Where is the young couple sitting when they talk about an unnamed activity?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A train station.
(d) A school.
4. What does the bartender compliment the young man on in "A Sea Change"?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His tan.
(c) His patience.
(d) His girlfriend.
5. What is Jack's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women in Smyrna clinging to?
2. Who does Harold live with when he returns home from the war?
3. What is Horton's Bay before it is deserted?
4. What is the writer's main job in "Banal Story"?
5. Why is the narrator put in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Harold's one criteria in a wife?
2. What does Littless do when she runs away with Nick in "The Last Good Country"?
3. What is Nick good at doing with women?
4. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
5. How does Cayetano spend his days in the hospital?
6. How does Paco from "The Capital of the World" die?
7. How does the narrator of "A Natural History of the Dead" wish to present his information about death?
8. What happens on the first day of Francis Macomber's hunting trip?
9. Why does the man in "Get a Seeing-Eyed Dog" ask his wife to leave him?
10. What does the narrator in "After the Storm" regret when he gets out of prison?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)