|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the group of military men living in "A Simple Inquiry"?
(a) A tent.
(b) A house.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A barrack.
2. What does the American soldier's commander tell him to do?
(a) Settle down and marry.
(b) Write down his experiences.
(c) Let the doctors do their job.
(d) Relax and let himself heal.
3. What is the name of the favored cafy in "In Another Country"?
(a) The Cove.
(b) The Cova.
(c) The Cave.
(d) The Cafe.
4. What is significant about the waitress that serves Nick at the pub?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is deaf.
(c) She sounds like Marjorie.
(d) She looks like his mother.
5. Who does Harold live with when he returns home from the war?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His parents.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Wilcox carry with him while treating patients?
2. What is Harry dying from?
3. Why is Francis Adolph crazy?
4. What is Joey's father's occupation?
5. What is Campbell doing when Frank leaves him after finding him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two prostitutes in "The Light of the World" arguing about?
2. How does the American couple feel about the trip Peduzzi takes them on, and why?
3. What does the girl tell the boy in "The Sea Change", and how does he respond?
4. How does Joey's father die, and how do the other men respond to this death?
5. What do the waiters in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" talk about after the old deaf man leaves?
6. What does Jim do with Liz after returning from his hunting trip?
7. What are the officers in "In Another Country" doing in Milan?
8. What happens to the Indian woman's husband while she is undergoing a C-Section?
9. What is given precedence over the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
10. What happens when Turner catches up with William Campbell?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)