|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has recently died in "Banal Story"?
(a) Hugo Ramirez.
(b) Pedro Fernandez.
(c) Juan Hernandez.
(d) Manuel Garcia.
2. Why is Francis Adolph crazy?
(a) It runs in his family.
(b) He saw too much in the war.
(c) His wife left him.
(d) He was hit hard on the head by a cop.
3. Where does "After the Storm" take place?
(d) Key West.
4. What is Campbell doing when he is caught by Frank?
(a) Doing drugs.
(b) Laundering money.
5. How old is the old man at the bridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bill and Nick drink after the whiskey is gone?
2. Where is Francis Macomber when he dies?
3. What is Luz's occupation?
4. Who makes Nick dinner on the 4th of July?
5. How long has the woman in the Indian camp been in labor when the doctor is brought in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the officers in "In Another Country" doing in Milan?
2. What are the two prostitutes in "The Light of the World" arguing about?
3. How do Bill and Nick feel about Nick's ended relationship with Marjorie?
4. What is the story behind the burial that the two men witness while skiing?
5. What happens to the Indian woman's husband while she is undergoing a C-Section?
6. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
7. What does Nick's father tell him on the 4th of July, and how does Nick respond?
8. What is Nick doing when he meets Adolph Francis and Bugs?
9. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
10. What does the girl tell the boy in "The Sea Change", and how does he respond?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)