|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dick hired to do for Dr. Adams?
(a) Run errands.
(b) Deliver medications.
(c) Gather herbs.
(d) Cut driftwood.
2. Who kills Francis Macomber?
(a) A train engineer.
(b) His safari guide.
(c) His wife.
(d) A German soldier.
3. Where is the peasant's wife stored after she dies?
(a) A shallow grave.
(b) An ice box.
(c) A woodshed.
(d) A bedroom.
4. What is Harry dying from?
(a) Yellow fever.
(b) A broken back.
(c) A gangrenous wound.
5. What is Joey's father's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does George work?
2. What is Campbell doing when he is caught by Frank?
3. What is Luz's occupation?
4. What does a man recently ask Dr. Wilcox to do for him before trying to do it himself?
5. Where is Francis Macomber when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harold's mother worried about him when he returns from the war, and what does she have him do?
2. How does Nick feel about his life in 'Big Two-Hearted River'?
3. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
4. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
5. What do Dr. Adams and Dick argue about?
6. What does the narrator in "After the Storm" regret when he gets out of prison?
7. What is Nick doing when he meets Adolph Francis and Bugs?
8. What is given precedence over the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
9. How does Joey's father die, and how do the other men respond to this death?
10. What does Nick tell Anderson, and how does Anderson respond?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)