|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important question does a major have for an orderly?
(a) If he has found the mole.
(b) If he is in love with a girl.
(c) If he remembers the plan of battle.
(d) If he knows the rules of the convention.
2. Who is an American woman taking a bird to?
(a) Her father.
(b) Het husband.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her sister.
3. What is Joey's father's occupation?
4. What occupation does Zurito have?
(b) Talent Agent.
5. Why does the boy think the girl wants to do the unnamed activity?
(a) To prove something.
(b) To show her affection.
(c) To further her reputation.
(d) To please him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the group of military men living in "A Simple Inquiry"?
2. How does the General's wife die in "In Another Country"?
3. Why is Francis Adolph crazy?
4. What is the old man at the bridge hiding from?
5. What day does the man who recently asked Dr. Wilcox for help bleed to death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the young couple reveal to the older American woman as the train stops?
2. Who does the American soldier talk with during the night, and what is said?
3. What do the waiters in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" talk about after the old deaf man leaves?
4. How do Bill and Nick feel about Nick's ended relationship with Marjorie?
5. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
6. What happens on the first day of Francis Macomber's hunting trip?
7. What is Nick doing when he meets Adolph Francis and Bugs?
8. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
9. What does the narrator tell the old man at the bridge to do, and why does he not listen?
10. Why is Harold's mother worried about him when he returns from the war, and what does she have him do?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)