|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings the wife the cat that is in the rain?
(a) A butler.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) The maid.
(d) Her husband.
2. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
3. What is Horton's Bay before it is deserted?
(a) A shipping dock.
(b) A military training camp.
(c) A trading hub.
(d) A mill town.
4. What is Joey's father's occupation?
5. How long has the woman in the Indian camp been in labor when the doctor is brought in?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 20 hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 36 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Indian men does Nick see passed out on the 4th of July?
2. Where does 'Cat in the Rain' take place?
3. What is the name of the horse that kills Joey's father?
4. What happens to the animals who cannot board the ship in Smyrna?
5. How old is Mrs. Elliot when she gets married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick tell Anderson, and how does Anderson respond?
2. What does David regret doing in "An African Story"?
3. How does Joey's father die, and how do the other men respond to this death?
4. Why does Jack get a hotel room for the night of his last boxing match?
5. Why does the boy in "A Day's Wait" think he is going to die, and how is he calmed down?
6. What causes an attack on the house Edwin is living in in "Landscape with Figures"?
7. What does the narrator in "After the Storm" regret when he gets out of prison?
8. What is given precedence over the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
9. What does the narrator tell the old man at the bridge to do, and why does he not listen?
10. What does Jimmy witness on "The Train Trip"?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)