|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the waitress that serves Nick at the pub?
(a) She looks like his mother.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She sounds like Marjorie.
2. What is Luz's occupation?
3. Where are the Roman soldiers meeting in "Today is Friday"?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A train station.
(c) A wine cellar.
(d) Their base camp.
4. Where does William Campbell work previously?
(a) A circus.
(b) A ski lodge.
(c) A burlesque show.
(d) A bar.
5. What is Jack's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry dream about before he dies?
2. What is the name of the favored cafy in "In Another Country"?
3. What does the girl tell the boy in "A Sea Change"?
4. What has happened to the area where Nick sets up a permanent camp?
5. What happens to Tom and his friend at the beginning of "Light of the World"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes an attack on the house Edwin is living in in "Landscape with Figures"?
2. How does Joey's father die, and how do the other men respond to this death?
3. What makes Stevie's father disappointed in him?
4. What are the two prostitutes in "The Light of the World" arguing about?
5. What happens when Mr. Harris is eating at a train station restaurant?
6. What is given precedence over the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
7. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
8. How do Bill and Nick feel about Nick's ended relationship with Marjorie?
9. What does the narrator tell the old man at the bridge to do, and why does he not listen?
10. What happens when Turner catches up with William Campbell?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)