|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the young couple sitting in "A Sea Change"?
(a) A bar.
(b) A park bench.
(c) A house.
(d) A train station.
2. Why does the boy think the girl wants to do the unnamed activity?
(a) To further her reputation.
(b) To show her affection.
(c) To prove something.
(d) To please him.
3. What do Bill and Nick talk about while they drink whiskey together?
(b) Their fathers.
(d) The war.
4. Why is the narrator put in prison?
(a) He stole a boat.
(b) He killed a man.
(c) He was in a bar fight.
(d) He did not have any ID.
5. What are the Roman soldiers talking about in "Today is Friday"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is an American woman taking a bird to?
2. How long has the woman in the Indian camp been in labor when the doctor is brought in?
3. Why is Francis Adolph crazy?
4. What is the name of the favored cafy in "In Another Country"?
5. What disfigures the peasant's wife's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the American wife do when she hears a cat caught in the rain?
2. What is Nick doing when he meets Adolph Francis and Bugs?
3. What are the officers in "In Another Country" doing in Milan?
4. What are the two prostitutes in "The Light of the World" arguing about?
5. What does Nick's father tell him on the 4th of July, and how does Nick respond?
6. What is the story behind the burial that the two men witness while skiing?
7. How does Nick feel about his life in 'Big Two-Hearted River'?
8. What is given precedence over the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
9. What do the waiters in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" talk about after the old deaf man leaves?
10. What happens to the Indian woman's husband while she is undergoing a C-Section?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)