|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is called the opium of the people in "The Gambler, The Nun, and the Radio"?
2. What is the name of David's father's guide?
3. Where does Mr. Wheeler live?
4. What is Edwin's job during the Spanish Civil War?
(a) Movie director.
(b) Newspaper journalist.
(c) Recording battles.
5. Where are the soldiers hiding in "Under the Ridge"?
(a) A cave.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) A deserted building.
(d) In a forest.
6. Where is the unique lion from in "The Good Lion"?
7. Who pays the matador's bills while he is out of the country?
(a) His tenants.
(b) The narrator.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
8. Where does Nick make love to Bill's sister?
(a) On a train.
(b) At her house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a school.
9. Who is Odgar in love with?
10. Where does Harry live?
11. What is the name of David's dog?
12. What does the man in "Get a Seeing Eye Dog" not want his wife to have to do?
(a) Cry over his disability.
(b) Serve him in his blindness.
(c) Live alone.
(d) Stay with him out of obligation.
13. Where does the woman's husband in "One Reader Writes" serve for 3 years?
14. How does Mr. Harris' father die?
(a) Old age.
(d) War wound.
15. Who loses much of Harry's equipment?
(b) Mr. Johnson.
(d) Mr. Sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Edwin living in "Landscape with Figures"?
2. Where does Gran Via get the wine they are serving?
3. What is the narrator in "The Black Ass at the Cross Roads" doing?
4. Why does the man in "Get a Seeing Eye Dog" ask his wife to do something?
5. What is the name of Blindy's favorite bar?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)