|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Fontans from?
2. Who is Nick driving with in "Fathers and Sons"?
(a) His friend.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
3. What is the name of David's father's guide?
4. How long has the matador's mother been buried?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 5 months.
5. How does Mr. Harris' father die?
(a) Old age.
(b) War wound.
6. What does Enrique do when he hears police sirens in "Nobody Ever Dies"?
(a) Shoots the cops.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Shoots himself.
7. What does the narrator ask the matador to do?
(a) Pay the bill for his mother's grave.
(b) Quit drugs.
(c) Find some work.
(d) Pay him back.
8. What does the man in "Get a Seeing Eye Dog" not want his wife to have to do?
(a) Live alone.
(b) Serve him in his blindness.
(c) Cry over his disability.
(d) Stay with him out of obligation.
9. What profession does Nick hope to hold?
10. What is the name of Blindy's favorite bar?
(a) The Pilot.
(b) The Pichenko.
(c) The Plauta.
(d) The Promenade.
11. What do Harry and Wesley sell?
(b) Illegal liquor.
12. What do David and his dog find in "An African Story"?
(a) A tiger's den.
(b) A herd of zebra.
(c) A lion's corpse.
(d) A bull elephant.
13. Where are Robert and Helena traveling in "The Strange Country"?
(b) New York.
14. What does Jimmy's father stay up late doing in "The Porter"?
(b) Talking to a woman.
15. What is the special name one of the soldiers gives himself in "Under the Ridge"?
(a) The Matador.
(b) The Extremist.
(c) The Exterminato.
(d) The Extremaduran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT described in "A Natural History of the Dead"?
2. Where is Edwin's friend, John from?
3. Who does Jimmy talk with a lot while his father is sleeping?
4. What does Nick say is very important for a son to do in "Fathers and Sons"?
5. What is Cayetano's profession?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)