|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are living with Edwin in "Landscape with Figures"?
2. How does the narrator of "A Natural History of the Dead" describe death?
(a) Deep and profound.
(b) Noble and proud.
(c) Disgusting and real.
(d) Inhuman and meaningless.
3. What do the Fontans make in secret?
(a) Counterfeit money.
4. Where do Robert and Helena consummate their relationship?
(a) In a car.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a cabin.
(d) In a tent.
5. Who pays the matador's bills while he is out of the country?
(a) His tenants.
(b) The narrator.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
6. What does Nick talk to the Italian soldiers about?
7. Where are Robert and Helena traveling in "The Strange Country"?
(b) New York.
8. Where is Jimmy going in "The Train Trip"?
(d) New York.
9. What does Mr. Frazer spend most of his free time doing?
(a) Taking long walks.
(b) Reading literature.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Studying for school.
10. Where do Wesley and Harry get the wares they sell?
11. How high is the little boy's temperature in "A Day's Wait"?
12. Where is Stevie at the beginning of "Great News From the Mainland"?
(a) A mental institution.
(b) A boarding school.
(d) A hospital.
13. What is the name of the man who is shot in "The Butterfly and the Tank"?
14. How does Mr. Harris' father die?
(b) War wound.
(d) Old age.
15. What does Nick do for the Italian soldiers?
(a) Buries the dead.
(b) Delivers messages.
(c) Build morale.
(d) Talks to the wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs away with Nick in "The Last Good Country"?
2. Where are Wesley and Harry trying to get to at the end of "The Tradesman's Return"?
3. What is Edwin's favorite restaurant?
4. What is Edwin's job during the Spanish Civil War?
5. Where does Harry live?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)