|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mr. Elliot when he gets married?
2. What does Manuel Garcia dream of being?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A bullfighter.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An actor.
3. What does a man recently ask Dr. Wilcox to do for him before trying to do it himself?
4. Where does Jim make love to Liz?
(a) In a warehouse.
(b) In an alley.
(c) In the woods.
(d) At his house.
5. What is significant about the waitress that serves Nick at the pub?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) She sounds like Marjorie.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She looks like his mother.
6. What is the American soldier in Italy afraid of?
(a) Sleeping in the dark.
(b) Never seeing his wife again.
(c) Losing his leg.
(d) Never waking up.
7. What disfigures the peasant's wife's face?
(a) Rats gnawing on her.
(b) The freezing temperatures.
(c) The weight of the snow.
(d) Hanging a lantern from her lips.
8. What do Bill and Nick talk about while they drink whiskey together?
(b) Their fathers.
(d) The war.
9. What is the name of Adolph Francis' partner?
10. Who does Nick go skiing with?
(c) His father.
11. What is Jack's occupation?
12. Who are Al and Max looking for?
13. What does Dr. Adams do while he is talking to his wife after fighting with Dick?
(a) Eats his meal.
(b) Cleans his gun.
(c) Writes a letter.
(d) Chops some wood.
14. What has happened to the area where Nick sets up a permanent camp?
(a) It was deserted.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It was defeated.
(d) It was ransacked.
15. How does the General's wife die in "In Another Country"?
(c) War wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dick hired to do for Dr. Adams?
2. How old is Mrs. Elliot when she gets married?
3. What occupation does Jim have?
4. What is Harry dying from?
5. Who kills Francis Macomber?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)