|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old man at the bridge hiding from?
(a) His nurse.
(b) The police.
(c) A dog.
(d) The Fascist army.
2. What is Campbell doing when Frank leaves him after finding him?
3. Where are the waiters working in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place"?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A diner.
(c) A cafy.
(d) A bar.
4. What disfigures the peasant's wife's face?
(a) Rats gnawing on her.
(b) The freezing temperatures.
(c) The weight of the snow.
(d) Hanging a lantern from her lips.
5. Where is Francis Macomber when he dies?
6. What is Harry dying from?
(a) A gangrenous wound.
(b) Yellow fever.
(d) A broken back.
7. What are two prostitutes arguing about in "Light of the World"?
(a) A client.
(b) Their skills.
(c) A boxer.
(d) A celebrity.
8. What occupation does Zurito have?
(c) Talent Agent.
9. What is significant about the waitress that serves Nick at the pub?
(a) She sounds like Marjorie.
(b) She looks like his mother.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is deaf.
10. Where does the revolutionist end up in jail?
11. What is Luz's occupation?
12. What is the American soldier in Italy afraid of?
(a) Never waking up.
(b) Losing his leg.
(c) Never seeing his wife again.
(d) Sleeping in the dark.
13. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend on the 4th of July?
14. What does Harry dream about before he dies?
(a) Fighting with the bulls.
(b) Flying over Mt. Kilimanjaro.
(c) Watching his daughter get married.
(d) Being with his mother again.
15. What is the American woman's daughter sad about?
(b) Breaking up with a Swiss man.
(c) Losing a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Al and Max looking for?
2. Where does Nick meet Hopkins?
3. How does the General's wife die in "In Another Country"?
4. What does the American soldier's commander tell him to do?
5. How many Indian men does Nick see passed out on the 4th of July?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)