|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harry dying from?
(a) A gangrenous wound.
(b) Yellow fever.
(c) A broken back.
2. Where are the Roman soldiers meeting in "Today is Friday"?
(a) Their base camp.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A train station.
(d) A wine cellar.
3. Where does Nick meet Luz?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In the marketplace.
(c) At a theater.
(d) On a train.
4. Who kills Francis Macomber?
(a) His safari guide.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) His wife.
(d) A train engineer.
5. What does the American soldier's commander tell him to do?
(a) Write down his experiences.
(b) Relax and let himself heal.
(c) Let the doctors do their job.
(d) Settle down and marry.
6. What do Bill and Nick drink after the whiskey is gone?
7. What disfigures the peasant's wife's face?
(a) The freezing temperatures.
(b) Rats gnawing on her.
(c) Hanging a lantern from her lips.
(d) The weight of the snow.
8. Where does Nick meet Hopkins?
(a) At war.
(b) In a bar.
(c) On a train.
(d) At his house.
9. What do Bill and Nick talk about while they drink whiskey together?
(c) The war.
(d) Their fathers.
10. Where does George work?
(a) A market.
(b) A lunch counter.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A train station.
11. Where does the revolutionist end up in jail?
12. What is the writer's main job in "Banal Story"?
(a) Cover stories.
13. Where does William Campbell work previously?
(a) A burlesque show.
(b) A bar.
(c) A ski lodge.
(d) A circus.
14. What occupation does Peduzzi hold?
(a) Tour guide.
15. What does Manuel Garcia dream of being?
(a) A soldier.
(b) An actor.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A bullfighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is an American woman taking a bird to?
2. Where is the revolutionist tortured?
3. Who makes Nick dinner on the 4th of July?
4. What is the old man at the bridge hiding from?
5. Who has recently died in "Banal Story"?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)