|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the American soldier's commander tell him to do?
(a) Settle down and marry.
(b) Write down his experiences.
(c) Let the doctors do their job.
(d) Relax and let himself heal.
2. What does Dr. Wilcox carry with him while treating patients?
(a) A medical guide.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A stethoscope.
(d) A defibulator.
3. What does Peduzzi take an American couple out to do?
4. What is Horton's Bay before it is deserted?
(a) A shipping dock.
(b) A mill town.
(c) A trading hub.
(d) A military training camp.
5. What do Bill and Nick drink after the whiskey is gone?
6. What is Jack's occupation?
7. What is Joey's father's occupation?
8. What happens to the animals who cannot board the ship in Smyrna?
(a) They are slaughtered.
(b) They are injured and drowned.
(c) They are scattered.
(d) They are branded and sold.
9. What does Harry dream about before he dies?
(a) Being with his mother again.
(b) Fighting with the bulls.
(c) Flying over Mt. Kilimanjaro.
(d) Watching his daughter get married.
10. What is Luz's occupation?
11. What is unique about the man that the two waiters are serving in "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place"?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is lame.
(d) He is blind.
12. Where does 'Cat in the Rain' take place?
13. Who does Jack lose his last match to?
14. Where is the young couple sitting when they talk about an unnamed activity?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A train station.
(d) A school.
15. Where are the Roman soldiers meeting in "Today is Friday"?
(a) A wine cellar.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A train station.
(d) Their base camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bartender compliment the young man on in "A Sea Change"?
2. How old is Mr. Elliot when he gets married?
3. Who does Harold live with when he returns home from the war?
4. Where is the peasant's wife stored after she dies?
5. Who kills Francis Macomber?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)