|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harold live with when he returns home from the war?
(a) His brother.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His parents.
2. What is Joey's father's occupation?
3. Where does the revolutionist end up in jail?
4. What is significant about the waitress that serves Nick at the pub?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) She looks like his mother.
(c) She sounds like Marjorie.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. Where are the group of military men living in "A Simple Inquiry"?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A house.
(c) A tent.
(d) A barrack.
6. Where does 'Cat in the Rain' take place?
7. What are the women in Smyrna clinging to?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their husbands.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their dead babies.
8. What is the occupation of the man who dies in "Banal Story"?
9. What does Dr. Wilcox carry with him while treating patients?
(a) A stethoscope.
(b) A medical guide.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) A defibulator.
10. What happens to the animals who cannot board the ship in Smyrna?
(a) They are branded and sold.
(b) They are injured and drowned.
(c) They are slaughtered.
(d) They are scattered.
11. Where does Nick meet Hopkins?
(a) At war.
(b) On a train.
(c) In a bar.
(d) At his house.
12. Who kills Francis Macomber?
(a) A train engineer.
(b) His safari guide.
(c) His wife.
(d) A German soldier.
13. Who does the American woman say makes the best husbands?
(a) British men.
(b) American men.
(c) French men.
(d) German men.
14. Where does George work?
(a) A market.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A train station.
(d) A lunch counter.
15. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend on the 4th of July?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two men doing when they witness a funeral?
2. What does the narrator find after the first storm?
3. What does Harry dream about before he dies?
4. Why is the narrator put in prison?
5. What is Dick hired to do for Dr. Adams?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)