|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrives in front of Esk and Granny from which a wizard appears, recognizes Esk, and offers to accompany Esk and Granny to their destination?
(a) Treatle's wagon.
(b) Governor's mule.
(c) Gander caravan.
(d) A flying car.
2. What does Simon have that makes Esk uncomfortable?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A quill.
(c) A pen.
(d) A book.
3. When the man Esk meets in the square tells her about caravans, what does she point out to him?
(a) That the caravans are slow.
(b) That she is tired.
(c) That the bales are infected with worms.
(d) That he is short.
4. Who is the Vice-Chancellor of the University?
5. Which two of the following are one and the same?
(a) Giants, killers.
(b) Dwarves, women.
(c) Sorcerers, wizards.
(d) Wizardry, high magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esk sits with the wizard's apprentice, what does she learn is the reason that the wizard chose him to be his apprentice?
2. What is Granny afraid will not work when the sun rises and prevent her plan of helping Esk?
3. When the books fly off the shelves in the library, what happens to the floor?
4. When blinding blue light floods Simon's room, what does Esk's hair look like?
5. What are the nasty creatures that threaten to kill Gander's traveling caravan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nightmare that Esk has about the Strange Things when Granny finds her?
2. What does Granny transform herself into to deflect Cutangle's attacks?
3. What does Esk say that Cutangle finds fascinating and unprecedented but against the lore?
4. What happens to Granny when she travels to find Esk?
5. When Esk fights with the Things, what does she realize about their bodies?
6. Who is Master Treatle and why is Adab Gander negotiating with him?
7. How is the wizard apprentice process different in Esk and Simon's time from previously?
8. When Granny enters the Great Hall and approaches Cutangle, what does he do?
9. What does Granny pretend to do for the person in charge of the laundry operations?
10. Who are the inhabitants of the Shades?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)