|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the city people that are friendly and have guests every night that Esk notices?
(a) The Whitlows.
(b) The Zoons.
(c) The Palms.
(d) The Smiths.
2. When Esk tries to move the staff, what does she do?
(a) She loses to new wizards.
(b) She fights bloody wars.
(c) She changes Discworld in tiny ways.
(d) She fails.
3. When Esk quotes Granny on warlocks and wizards, what is she pleasantly surprised to learn?
(a) The dwarves look suspicious.
(b) Treatle has great respect for witches.
(c) Hilta fights back.
(d) Simon does not laugh.
4. What is the self-assembled creature that Esk sees when she falls down in her magical state on the cold sand and sees Simon sitting in a circle?
(a) Fierce bear.
(b) Chicken, warthog, moth, wolf, and unicorn.
(d) Wild dog.
5. When Esk runs away from the caravan, what does she want to prove to the group and to everyone?
(a) That she can be both a wizard and a witch.
(b) That she is intelligent.
(c) That she is capable of killing them all.
(d) That she is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. While a blurring force comes through and kills the creatures Gander is afraid of, what is Esk able to do?
2. Who is the wizard that Adab Gander, a caravan leader, negotiates with to travel with them?
3. Where does Granny notice the sound of hammers everywhere?
4. What is the building whose big black gates appear to be made of solid darkness?
5. When blinding blue light floods Simon's room, what does Esk's hair look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Granny pretend to do for the person in charge of the laundry operations?
2. Why does Esk get angry with Simon and Master Treatle?
3. What happens in the library involving Simon?
4. How does Esk enter the library and what does she notice that is different?
5. What happens to Esk when she becomes the mind of the stones of the University?
6. Who is in charge of the laundry operations and where does this person live?
7. What happens when Treatle's caravan arrives?
8. What happens to the traveling caravan party three days after they leave Zemphis?
9. When Granny enters the Great Hall and approaches Cutangle, what does he do?
10. What does Granny transform herself into to deflect Cutangle's attacks?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)