|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her dream, what does Esk see that seems to be hosting a party but she cannot enter through its gates?
(a) A village.
(b) A church.
(c) An inn with a large yard.
(d) A castle.
2. When Esk tries to enter Simon's room and cannot get the door open, what does she say to the student wizards?
(a) "Open it!"
(b) "Bloody well wizz!"
(c) "Cast a spell!"
(d) "Do your magic!"
3. What does Granny tell Esk that Simon is doing that is unprecedented in a wizard?
4. When Esk runs away from the caravan, what does she want to prove to the group and to everyone?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That she is intelligent.
(c) That she can be both a wizard and a witch.
(d) That she is capable of killing them all.
5. While a blurring force comes through and kills the creatures Gander is afraid of, what is Esk able to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two of the following are one and the same?
2. Who are the city people that are friendly and have guests every night that Esk notices?
3. When blinding blue light floods Simon's room, what does Esk's hair look like?
4. How does Esk become the University building?
5. When Esk tries to move the staff, what does she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Esk when she becomes the mind of the stones of the University?
2. Why does Esk get angry with Simon and Master Treatle?
3. Who are the inhabitants of the Shades?
4. What does Granny transform herself into to deflect Cutangle's attacks?
5. When Granny enters the Great Hall and approaches Cutangle, what does he do?
6. How does Esk enter the library and what does she notice that is different?
7. What is the nightmare that Esk has about the Strange Things when Granny finds her?
8. What happens to the traveling caravan party three days after they leave Zemphis?
9. When the senior wizards arrive in the library, what do they think has happened to Simon, and what do they do about him?
10. How is the wizard apprentice process different in Esk and Simon's time from previously?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)