|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the self-assembled creature that Esk sees when she falls down in her magical state on the cold sand and sees Simon sitting in a circle?
(a) Chicken, warthog, moth, wolf, and unicorn.
(b) Wild dog.
(c) Fierce bear.
2. What are the nasty creatures that threaten to kill Gander's traveling caravan?
3. When Esk tries to move the staff, what does she do?
(a) She changes Discworld in tiny ways.
(b) She loses to new wizards.
(c) She fails.
(d) She fights bloody wars.
4. When the books fly off the shelves in the library, what happens to the floor?
(a) It explodes.
(b) It turns to fine silver sand.
(c) It becomes a snake.
(d) It becomes a wet puddle.
5. When Esk finds a book similar to Simon's, what does she notice that is different about the book?
(a) It turns into a bird.
(b) The letters are ugly creatures doing evil things to one another.
(c) It is old.
(d) It is heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Granny and Esk climb aboard to take them to the University?
2. What does Esk find that turns out to be a less expensive and wider-ranging means of transportation than river barges?
3. What did Esk do because Simon got hurt that makes Granny angry with her?
4. After what event is Simon still not awake and lying in the infirmary?
5. Who is the Head Librarian that Esk bribes with bananas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Treatle's caravan arrives?
2. How is the wizard apprentice process different in Esk and Simon's time from previously?
3. What does Granny transform herself into to deflect Cutangle's attacks?
4. What happens to students who fail to become wizards?
5. What do the dwarves offer to do for Granny, and what does she want instead?
6. What happens to the traveling caravan party three days after they leave Zemphis?
7. Who is Master Treatle and why is Adab Gander negotiating with him?
8. How does Granny enter the University and what does she find?
9. When Granny enters the Great Hall and approaches Cutangle, what does he do?
10. Who is in charge of the laundry operations and where does this person live?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)