|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature picks up Esk in her dream in its talons, carrying her and dropping her as it screeches?
(a) A dinosaur.
(b) A hawk.
(c) The thing with the face of a drowned rabbit.
(d) An eagle.
2. What does the creature who assumes Simon's form want from Esk?
(a) Her loyalty.
(b) A pyramid.
(c) Her prism.
(d) Her body.
3. What land is rich in magic and has powerful light?
4. After what event is Simon still not awake and lying in the infirmary?
(b) Being hit by a shelf.
(c) Falling off a cliff.
(d) Fighting the trolls.
5. When Esk finds a book similar to Simon's, what does she notice that is different about the book?
(a) The letters are ugly creatures doing evil things to one another.
(b) It is heavy.
(c) It turns into a bird.
(d) It is old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny tell Esk is a good, honest profession for women, particularly in rural areas?
2. What inhabits the Dungeon Dimension that encircles the universe of time and space?
3. When Esk runs away from the caravan, what does she want to prove to the group and to everyone?
4. While Esk is in the bustling square of the town, she pulls on the hem of a man's clothing. What is the man counting?
5. What is a beacon to Shadow creatures who hate those who are alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Treatle's caravan arrives?
2. What happens to Esk when she becomes the mind of the stones of the University?
3. What is the nightmare that Esk has about the Strange Things when Granny finds her?
4. Why does Granny tell Esk not to draw attention to herself through magic?
5. Who is traveling with Master Treatle?
6. What does Granny pretend to do for the person in charge of the laundry operations?
7. Who are the inhabitants of the Shades?
8. When the senior wizards arrive in the library, what do they think has happened to Simon, and what do they do about him?
9. Who is in charge of the laundry operations and where does this person live?
10. How does Esk enter the library and what does she notice that is different?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)