|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bearded man who reveals Esk's presence on the vessel?
(a) Disc Man.
(b) Amschat B'hal Zoon.
(d) Ankh Morpork.
2. What does the Zoon family agree to keep Esk on board in return for?
(a) Teaching them how to control the minds of animals.
(b) Doing chores.
(c) Doing magic.
(d) Teaching them alchemy.
3. Whom does Esk accompany and protect from being cheated?
4. When Esk falls asleep after drinking herbal tea, Granny finds an owl and enters its mind. Where does she fly to?
(a) Outer space.
(c) Back in time.
(d) The Smith orchard.
5. After Granny subdues Esk and brings her back home, what does she find and use the raw power of the staff to unravel?
(a) Spools of magic yarn.
(b) Strong potions.
(c) Flickers of Esk's silvery mind.
(d) Wound up emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Granny adamant about concerning male and female magic?
2. What can the eighth son of an eighth son become?
3. When Esk back talks, what does her father do that causes a series of odd happenings and frayed nerves?
4. When Granny asks Esk to fetch her witchcraft, what does she say Esk must know, without which there is no point to teaching her witchcraft?
5. When Granny recovers Esk and takes her home, whom/what does she turn to for advice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Granny dread asking the staff for help?
2. Esk's use of the staff demonstrates something to Granny. What is that?
3. What does the wizard Billet come into the town of Bad Ass for and what does he find?
4. When Granny turns into an owl and flies to the orchard to talk to the apple tree, what does the tree tell her?
5. What does Granny decide to do after she realizes that Esk is different from other witches and wizards she knows?
6. What happens when Granny finds the eagle on a snowdrift?
7. What happens when Billet holds the staff over the baby? What does Granny propose to do with the staff and what happens to it?
8. When Esk and her two brothers go to Granny's house, what do they notice around her house?
9. What does Hilta see in Esk's palm and what does she advise?
10. When Esk back talks to her father as a little girl, what happens?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)