|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When you enter a creature's mind, what is difficult upon exiting?
(a) Changing form.
(b) Wanting to come back.
(c) Restoring one's human balance.
(d) Accepting death.
2. What does Esk learn to make with Granny in the spring, taking a practical course instead of learning magic?
(d) Ointments, infusions, and potions.
3. What role did Granny assume when she "borrows" another's mind?
(a) That of an evil medium doing a midnight séance.
(b) That of a magician.
(c) That of a predator swooping down on prey.
(d) That of a crow.
4. Where does the Zoon family reach when Esk accompanies a Zoon family member to shore?
(d) Land of Dreams.
5. Where does the bearded man tell Esk that they are traveling through?
(a) Forgotten Language Hill.
(b) Land of Dreams.
(c) Upper Valley of the River Ankh.
(d) Forbidden Caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the key in the privy, enabling the blacksmith's three children to enter the house and go to Granny who is in bed with the window open?
2. What does Granny Weatherwax think should be burned because female wizards are not right?
3. What does Esk notice that they are passing by as the boat travels?
4. Esk finds out that most wizards are old, powerful, rare, bearded men. What does she find out about witches?
5. When Gulta kicks the staff, what does he turn into, causing everyone to come rushing, hearing him scream.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Granny enter the bee "hivemind?"
2. Describe Hilta Goatfounder.
3. What happens when Esk stays behind as her two brothers go in search of help for Granny?
4. Why does Granny have a stormy scene with the Smith family?
5. What does Granny decide to do after she realizes that Esk is different from other witches and wizards she knows?
6. When Esk asks why Granny does not use magic to light a fire, what does Granny say?
7. What happens when Esk leaves Granny's house but does not reappear for a long time?
8. When Esk and her two brothers go to Granny's house, what do they notice around her house?
9. When Esk becomes anxious to learn magic, what does Granny suggest that she do?
10. Describe how Discworld is different from other planets.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)