|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Skiller asks Esk to turn the taps into beer, what does she turn the liquid flowing from the beer tap into?
(b) Peach brandy.
(c) Mulled cider.
2. What does Esk notice that they are passing by as the boat travels?
(a) Colorful cliffs.
(b) Dancing mermaids.
(c) Ancient monuments.
3. Who seems very different from siblings and exhibits odd behavior at Granny's house?
4. Granny advises Esk not to upset the owner of the mind that she borrows by trying to control it but instead to do what?
(a) Avoid it.
(b) Listen to it.
(c) Suggest things that are natural to it.
(d) Subdue it.
5. Whom does Granny tell that Esk needs to learn proper magic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Zoon family reach when Esk accompanies a Zoon family member to shore?
2. What does Pratchett describe that normally prevents wolves from eating humans in the first section of the book?
3. What kinds of books does Granny like?
4. When Granny is able to restore Esk to her body, whom does she free that now holds a grudge?
5. What arcs from Esk's fingertips, flares in the hearth, melts the ironware, and burrows into the hearthstone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Esk do when Skiller does not give her what she wants to drink?
2. When Granny turns into an owl and flies to the orchard to talk to the apple tree, what does the tree tell her?
3. Describe how Discworld is different from other planets.
4. What happens when Esk leaves Granny's house but does not reappear for a long time?
5. When Granny and Esk arrive in Ohulan Cutash, what do they see immediately in the marketplace and how do they both react?
6. What does Esk have to do in return for being allowed to travel with the Zoon family?
7. Why does Granny have a stormy scene with the Smith family?
8. When Esk back talks to her father as a little girl, what happens?
9. Where do they bury the wizard, and what comes up in his place?
10. What does Hilta see in Esk's palm and what does she advise?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)