|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the eighth child of the eighth son of the blacksmith called?
2. When Granny gets back to her house, she finds that the staff has returned and thrusts it into the fireplace. However, what gets destroyed while the staff remains unmarked?
(a) Cooking Pots.
(b) Laser beams.
(c) Magic stones.
3. When Granny Weatherwax appears to have died in her bed, what do the Smith boys do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Run for help.
(c) Try to wake her up.
4. Granny enters a fortune-telling booth. Whom does the voice asking if you want your fortune read belong to?
(a) James Dean.
(b) Hilta Goatfounder.
(d) The Discman.
5. What does Granny enter to get all the drones searching for Esk?
(a) Ants' "nestmind."
(c) Bees' "hivemind."
(d) Nest of birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Skiller puts her to bed, Esk cannot fall asleep until she holds what in her hands?
2. What role did Granny assume when she "borrows" another's mind?
3. What kinds of books does Granny like?
4. Who finds the key in the privy, enabling the blacksmith's three children to enter the house and go to Granny who is in bed with the window open?
5. Where does the bearded man tell Esk that they are traveling through?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Esk asks why Granny does not use magic to light a fire, what does Granny say?
2. When Granny tries to find Esk in the woods, what prevents her from finding Esk's location?
3. Why does Granny dread asking the staff for help?
4. What happens when Esk escapes from the Skillers?
5. What does Granny decide to do after she realizes that Esk is different from other witches and wizards she knows?
6. What does Esk have to do in return for being allowed to travel with the Zoon family?
7. When Granny and Esk arrive in Ohulan Cutash, what do they see immediately in the marketplace and how do they both react?
8. When Esk back talks to her father as a little girl, what happens?
9. What happens when Esk leaves Granny's house but does not reappear for a long time?
10. Why does Granny have a stormy scene with the Smith family?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)