|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny transform into upon interacting with Cutangle?
(a) A shining jewel.
(b) A wind, a storm, a sun, and a moon.
(c) A basket, an icy wind, a tar pit, and a tufted hood.
(d) A snake.
2. What plays an important role in the great battle in the library of Unseen University that occurs later in the novel?
(d) Wild spirits.
3. What is the area inhabited by disreputable people who dabble in soft magic that Granny stays at?
(a) The Shades.
(b) Underground Lair.
(c) Pine Hill.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
4. When Adab Gander agrees to take the wizard's apprentice, what is the name of the gangling, pale boy who stutters and reads constantly?
5. When Esk quotes Granny on warlocks and wizards, what is she pleasantly surprised to learn?
(a) Simon does not laugh.
(b) Hilta fights back.
(c) Treatle has great respect for witches.
(d) The dwarves look suspicious.
6. What idea does Esk propose that the wizard's apprentice finds funny and curious?
(a) That wizards are dwarves.
(b) That cows can fly.
(c) That frogs have tails.
(d) That women could be wizards.
7. When Esk leaves the Zoon family and wanders into town, what does she hope will happen so that the staff will appear in her hand?
(a) She wants her magic to work.
(b) She wants to win the magician lottery.
(c) She wants the world to change how it works.
(d) She wants the staff to disobey the Zoon family.
8. Who protect caravans but are in lesser demand than wizards are?
9. Where does Esk lead Granny to see Cutangle at dinner?
(b) Great Hall.
(d) Secret garden.
10. What does Master Treatle expound on that is used by wizards to give people whatever they want?
(a) High magic.
(c) Magic potion.
(d) Wishing well.
11. What is the destination that Esk attempts to find a caravan traveling to?
(c) Land of Dreams.
12. What do Granny and Esk climb aboard to take them to the University?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A ship.
(c) A broomstick.
(d) A caravan.
13. When Granny falls off her flying device, where does she end up?
(d) Bear trap.
14. When Esk asks Adab to take her with them and he refuses, what does she ask him to do?
(a) Take her money.
(b) Accept her gift.
(c) Point out the proper road.
(d) Let her work for him.
15. When Esk feels a state of nothingness, what feeling does she know that she must hold on in order to return to her human state?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny tell Esk that Simon is doing that is unprecedented in a wizard?
2. What does Esk realize that the bodies of the creatures attacking her are held together by?
3. When Granny encounters hunters, what do they turn out to be?
4. Which gods no longer seem to have a strong influence over Esk?
5. What does Esk believe is about words and names?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)