|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Head Librarian that Esk bribes with bananas?
(a) A small boy.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) An older woman.
(d) A grumpy old man.
2. What does the creature who assumes Simon's form want from Esk?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) Her loyalty.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her prism.
3. What does Esk believe is about words and names?
(d) Life experiences.
4. What does Granny transform into upon interacting with Cutangle?
(a) A wind, a storm, a sun, and a moon.
(b) A basket, an icy wind, a tar pit, and a tufted hood.
(c) A snake.
(d) A shining jewel.
5. What does Granny tell Esk that Simon is doing that is unprecedented in a wizard?
6. What requires clarity of thought according to the Vice-Chancellor?
7. What land is rich in magic and has powerful light?
8. Who are the city people that are friendly and have guests every night that Esk notices?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Zoons.
(c) The Palms.
(d) The Whitlows.
9. When Esk enters the vehicle, what does she find Simon doing?
(c) Reading and jotting down notes.
10. What is Granny afraid will not work when the sun rises and prevent her plan of helping Esk?
(a) The broomstick.
(d) Her spells.
11. What idea does Esk propose that the wizard's apprentice finds funny and curious?
(a) That frogs have tails.
(b) That cows can fly.
(c) That wizards are dwarves.
(d) That women could be wizards.
12. Which gods no longer seem to have a strong influence over Esk?
(a) Gods of the first Awakening.
(c) Gods of the Necrotelicomnicon.
(d) Gods of the lower stratosphere.
13. What flows gently rather than appearing dramatically as on spherical planets?
14. What does Simon have that makes Esk uncomfortable?
(a) A pen.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A book.
(d) A quill.
15. When Esk finds a book similar to Simon's, what does she notice that is different about the book?
(a) It turns into a bird.
(b) It is old.
(c) The letters are ugly creatures doing evil things to one another.
(d) It is heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plays an important role in the great battle in the library of Unseen University that occurs later in the novel?
2. Where does Granny notice the sound of hammers everywhere?
3. What are the nasty creatures that threaten to kill Gander's traveling caravan?
4. Which two of the following are one and the same?
5. In her dream, what does Esk see that seems to be hosting a party but she cannot enter through its gates?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)