|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only mind that Granny says that she can work with to influence?
2. When Esk tries to move the staff, what does she do?
(a) She fights bloody wars.
(b) She loses to new wizards.
(c) She changes Discworld in tiny ways.
(d) She fails.
3. Who is the wizard that Adab Gander, a caravan leader, negotiates with to travel with them?
(c) Master Treatle.
4. What does Granny tell Esk that Simon is doing that is unprecedented in a wizard?
5. When Simon appears in the library, what does he warn Esk about books?
(a) That they can be aggressive.
(b) That they take forever to read.
(c) That they are addictive.
(d) That they prevent you from practicing magic.
6. What is Granny afraid will not work when the sun rises and prevent her plan of helping Esk?
(a) The broomstick.
(c) Her spells.
7. When Esk quotes Granny on warlocks and wizards, what is she pleasantly surprised to learn?
(a) Simon does not laugh.
(b) The dwarves look suspicious.
(c) Hilta fights back.
(d) Treatle has great respect for witches.
8. While Esk is in the bustling square of the town, she pulls on the hem of a man's clothing. What is the man counting?
(a) Chess pieces.
(b) Lazy women.
(c) Bales of tobacco.
9. What creature picks up Esk in her dream in its talons, carrying her and dropping her as it screeches?
(a) The thing with the face of a drowned rabbit.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A hawk.
10. While wizards' minds give shape to thoughts, what do witches work with?
(a) What exists in the world.
(d) The past.
11. Which gods no longer seem to have a strong influence over Esk?
(a) Gods of the Necrotelicomnicon.
(b) Gods of the lower stratosphere.
(d) Gods of the first Awakening.
12. When Granny falls off her flying device, where does she end up?
(a) Bear trap.
13. Since her first Borrowing experience, what kind of dream has Esk gotten used to?
(c) Vivid and frightening dreams.
14. What arrives in front of Esk and Granny from which a wizard appears, recognizes Esk, and offers to accompany Esk and Granny to their destination?
(a) Gander caravan.
(b) Governor's mule.
(c) A flying car.
(d) Treatle's wagon.
15. What does Master Treatle expound on that is used by wizards to give people whatever they want?
(a) High magic.
(c) Magic potion.
(d) Wishing well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the self-assembled creature that Esk sees when she falls down in her magical state on the cold sand and sees Simon sitting in a circle?
2. Who or what appears often in Esk's dreams?
3. What inhabits the Dungeon Dimension that encircles the universe of time and space?
4. What is a beacon to Shadow creatures who hate those who are alive?
5. What does Cutangle transform into upon interacting with Granny?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)