|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the wizard that Adab Gander, a caravan leader, negotiates with to travel with them?
(a) Master Treatle.
2. When Esk tries to enter Simon's room and cannot get the door open, what does she say to the student wizards?
(a) "Bloody well wizz!"
(b) "Cast a spell!"
(c) "Do your magic!"
(d) "Open it!"
3. When Esk feels a state of nothingness, what feeling does she know that she must hold on in order to return to her human state?
4. When blinding blue light floods Simon's room, what does Esk's hair look like?
(c) Spider's web.
5. What is the self-assembled creature that Esk sees when she falls down in her magical state on the cold sand and sees Simon sitting in a circle?
(a) Chicken, warthog, moth, wolf, and unicorn.
(b) Fierce bear.
(d) Wild dog.
6. What arrives in front of Esk and Granny from which a wizard appears, recognizes Esk, and offers to accompany Esk and Granny to their destination?
(a) Governor's mule.
(b) Gander caravan.
(c) Treatle's wagon.
(d) A flying car.
7. What is the only mind that Granny says that she can work with to influence?
8. What does Esk believe is about words and names?
(b) Life experiences.
9. What is slow and erratic and on which Granny experiences trouble when she tries to fly?
(a) Hilta's broom.
(b) A hawk.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A carpet.
10. Who cannot remember the library ever being cleaned but allows Esk to do it?
11. What requires clarity of thought according to the Vice-Chancellor?
12. What do Granny and Esk climb aboard to take them to the University?
(a) A ship.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A caravan.
(d) A broomstick.
13. What is a manual for invoking the spirits of the dead?
(a) Book of the Yellowing Pages.
14. What is the destination that Esk attempts to find a caravan traveling to?
(b) Land of Dreams.
15. What does Granny transform into upon interacting with Cutangle?
(a) A basket, an icy wind, a tar pit, and a tufted hood.
(b) A wind, a storm, a sun, and a moon.
(c) A shining jewel.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esk asks Adab to take her with them and he refuses, what does she ask him to do?
2. When Esk tries to move the staff, what does she do?
3. When Esk finds a book similar to Simon's, what does she notice that is different about the book?
4. When Adab Gander agrees to take the wizard's apprentice, what is the name of the gangling, pale boy who stutters and reads constantly?
5. When Simon gets excited, what becomes worse?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)