|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is headology?
(a) The worship of heads.
(b) When people see the hat and cloak, they assume her magic will work.
(c) Wearing scarves around the head.
(d) The study of heads.
2. When Esk is in the body of the animal, what does she dream about?
(a) Big creatures and stars.
(c) Living forever.
(d) Falling out of the sky.
3. When Granny asks Esk to fetch her witchcraft, what does she say Esk must know, without which there is no point to teaching her witchcraft?
(a) How to cook a toad.
(b) The way to make a spell.
(c) The secret of witchcraft that it contains.
(d) How to cure a wart.
4. Since the blacksmith's sons do not see any footprints outside the witch's house, what are they convinced that the witch can do?
(a) Change into animals.
(b) Erase footprints.
(c) Move through time.
(d) Move her house.
5. When you enter a creature's mind, what is difficult upon exiting?
(a) Changing form.
(b) Wanting to come back.
(c) Accepting death.
(d) Restoring one's human balance.
6. What does Granny want to buy in the city?
7. What does Granny enter to get all the drones searching for Esk?
(a) Nest of birds.
(b) Ants' "nestmind."
(d) Bees' "hivemind."
8. Where is Granny able to figure out that Esk is headed towards?
(a) Land of Dreams.
(b) Palace of Tears.
(c) Ankh Morph.
9. What did Granny do in her youth that she found more difficult to do as she got older?
(a) Enter the minds of animals.
(b) Become a wolf.
(c) Change into a serpent.
(d) Enter a tree.
10. When Mrs. Skiller puts her to bed, Esk cannot fall asleep until she holds what in her hands?
(a) The sorcerer's hat.
(b) An elfish glove.
(c) The night wand.
(d) The staff.
11. What is the name of the wizard who comes to ask about the blacksmith's eighth son?
(c) Granny Weatherwax.
(d) Drum Billet.
12. In the first section of the book, what is the primary theme that the author Terry Pratchett discusses?
(a) Can a female be a wizard?
(b) Are animals magical?
(c) Is death preventable?
(d) Is magic possible?
13. What kinds of books does Granny like?
(a) Thin books to read in out houses.
(b) Paperback books you can throw away.
(c) Books with pictures.
(d) Glossy hardcover books that you rest your coffee on.
14. When Granny talks about men to Esk, what does she tell Esk that men are all about?
(a) Ownership, power, and greed.
(b) Numbers, power, and "jommetry".
(c) Facts, power, and revenge.
(d) Control, numbers, and facts.
15. When Esk back talks, what does her father do that causes a series of odd happenings and frayed nerves?
(a) Yells at her mother.
(b) Locks her in the closet.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Beats her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esk leaves in the body of the animal, what does Granny carry back to her house to wait?
2. When Esk is flying, what ability does she start to lose?
3. Who tells Granny that she must take Esk to University and denies that women cannot be wizards?
4. When Esk wakes up on the boat, what does she hear?
5. Whom does Esk accompany and protect from being cheated?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)