|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed say "put him in the way to success"?
2. Who is compared to a washing machine in the play?
3. To whom does Sloane say the lipstick belongs to that Ed finds in his car?
4. Why does Ed want to speak to Kemp in Act Two?
5. What does Kath ask if she can call Sloane in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joe Orton's work is known for its dark comedy, macabre subjects, and farcical nature. Describe these terms and how they apply to Entertaining Mr. Sloane.
Essay Topic 2
Does Joe Orton employ a standard "well-made-play" format in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe the plot line for the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss disillusionment in Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Which characters are deluded in their vision of reality? With the past? With the future? Use examples from the text in answering this question.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)