|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed do to Tommy's letter to Kath?
2. What does Sloane suggest about Kath's condition?
3. What is the reasoning Sloane believes Kemp's boss dies?
4. What does Sloane ask Ed for in regard to his moving in?
5. What is it that bothers Kath at the beginning of Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Ed and Kath. What similarities do they share? What divides them? How do these characters feel about each other?
Essay Topic 2
Does Joe Orton employ a standard "well-made-play" format in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe the plot line for the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss disillusionment in Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Which characters are deluded in their vision of reality? With the past? With the future? Use examples from the text in answering this question.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)