|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kath protest to Ed regarding Tommy?
2. What does Kemp look for when he enters in Act Two?
3. What does Kath say she's giving Sloane as a birthday present?
4. What is in the box that Ed brings in in Act Two?
5. What does Ed say "put him in the way to success"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Entertaining Mr. Sloane cross the barriers of taboo regarding homosexuality? How does the play portray homosexuals without using explicit terms like "gay" or "homosexual"?
Essay Topic 2
How does Orton portray "family" in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? What do you think his intention is behind this portrayal?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Ed and Kath. What similarities do they share? What divides them? How do these characters feel about each other?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)