|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ed the possessor of?
2. What does Kemp say regarding the man at the door?
3. What does Ed say "put him in the way to success"?
4. What is Ed's mate's name?
5. With whom does Sloane say he goes out with the previous night in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how "humanity" and "virtue" are portrayed in Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Is this a hopeful or a negative view? What in the text supports this viewpoint? How do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
How does Entertaining Mr. Sloane cross the barriers of taboo regarding homosexuality? How does the play portray homosexuals without using explicit terms like "gay" or "homosexual"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss disillusionment in Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Which characters are deluded in their vision of reality? With the past? With the future? Use examples from the text in answering this question.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)