|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ed's mate's name?
2. Who says, "Told him she's up the stick do you? Why do you tell him"?
3. What does Kath ask Sloane to give her as a token of affection?
4. What happens to Kemp at the end of Act Two?
5. Who says, "What a little whoreson you are you little whoreson"?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Ed and Kath. What similarities do they share? What divides them? How do these characters feel about each other?
Essay Topic 2
Which character employs the most "verbal wit" in the play? What genre of drama does this verbal sparring most closely resemble? Give examples of the verbal wit used in Entertaining Mr. Sloane.
Essay Topic 3
What imagery, simile, and metaphors are used in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe how these contribute to the play's theme. Be sure to define the terms in your answer.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)