|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kath reveal to Sloane in Act Two?
2. What does Sloane ask Ed for in regard to his moving in?
3. What is Ed the possessor of?
4. What does Kath ask Sloane to give her as a token of affection?
5. Whom does Pop send away from the lounge in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What imagery, simile, and metaphors are used in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe how these contribute to the play's theme. Be sure to define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 2Describe the character of Sloane as an antihero. How does he manipulate others to achieve his desires? Does he extol any virtues? What happens if Sloane never arrives?
Essay Topic 3How does Sloane "fit in" with his new home and the surrounding characters? How do you react if you enter the world of this play? Do you empathize with any of the characters? Why? Why not?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)