|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tommy's photograph?
2. What does Kath say she's "going to have" to Kemp in Act Two?
3. What does Kath reveal to Sloane in Act Two?
4. What is Ed the possessor of?
5. What apparel is Sloane wearing at the beginning of Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the theme of Entertaining Mr. Sloane. What methods does Orton use to express this theme? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Does Entertaining Mr. Sloane carry through the test of time? Is it dated? Does this play have the same effect if produced today as it does originally? Why? Why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the irony in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe the three different types of irony and explain how Orton uses each. Use examples from the text in your answer.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)