|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sloane take from Kemp when he's alone with him in Act Two?
2. What is in the box that Ed brings in in Act Two?
3. Where does Kemp's boss pick Sloane up?
4. Who says, "What a life. Backache, headache, or her mum tells her never to when there's an 'R' in the month"?
5. What does Kemp's boss do to Sloane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how "humanity" and "virtue" are portrayed in Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Is this a hopeful or a negative view? What in the text supports this viewpoint? How do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
How does violence change the nature of the play? Are these characters to be seen as funny, or dangerous, or both? How do previous productions portrayed these characters? Which methods are the most effective? Which does Orton approve of?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Ed and Kemp and between Kemp and Kath. How do these differ? How are they similar?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)