|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Sloane say he goes out with the previous night in Act Two?
2. What does Kemp look for when he enters in Act Two?
3. What is in the box that Ed brings in in Act Two?
4. To whom is the line spoken, "Told him she's up the stick do you? Why do you tell him"?
5. What does Sloane take from Kemp when he's alone with him in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the theme of Entertaining Mr. Sloane. What methods does Orton use to express this theme? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Which character employs the most "verbal wit" in the play? What genre of drama does this verbal sparring most closely resemble? Give examples of the verbal wit used in Entertaining Mr. Sloane.
Essay Topic 3
Does Entertaining Mr. Sloane carry through the test of time? Is it dated? Does this play have the same effect if produced today as it does originally? Why? Why not?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)