|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sloane say when he reenters the lounge where Pop and Ed are in Act Two?
2. What name does Sloane give Ed as one of the boys who takes a ride with him?
3. Where does Kemp's boss pick Sloane up?
4. Who is compared to a washing machine in the play?
5. What does Ed say "put him in the way to success"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Sloane as an antihero. How does he manipulate others to achieve his desires? Does he extol any virtues? What happens if Sloane never arrives?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Ed and Kath. What similarities do they share? What divides them? How do these characters feel about each other?
Essay Topic 3
Does Joe Orton employ a standard "well-made-play" format in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe the plot line for the play.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)