|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act Two, what does Ed suggest that Sloane do?
2. Why does Ed want to speak to Kemp in Act Two?
3. With whom does Sloane say he goes out with the previous night in Act Two?
4. What does Kath refer to herself as with Sloane?
5. What happens to Kemp at the end of Act Two?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Sloane as an antihero. How does he manipulate others to achieve his desires? Does he extol any virtues? What happens if Sloane never arrives?
Essay Topic 2
How does Entertaining Mr. Sloane cross the barriers of taboo regarding homosexuality? How does the play portray homosexuals without using explicit terms like "gay" or "homosexual"?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Ed and Kath. What similarities do they share? What divides them? How do these characters feel about each other?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)