|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kemp enter the lounge in Act Two?
2. What does Kath say Sloane is doing the night before in Act Two?
3. How much time lapses between Act One and Act Two?
4. What does Kemp show Ed in Act Two?
5. Who does Kemp say "first spotted it" about Kath?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Entertaining Mr. Sloane carry through the test of time? Is it dated? Does this play have the same effect if produced today as it does originally? Why? Why not?
Essay Topic 2
Does Joe Orton employ a standard "well-made-play" format in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe the plot line for the play.
Essay Topic 3
What imagery, simile, and metaphors are used in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe how these contribute to the play's theme. Be sure to define the terms in your answer.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)