Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kemp say regarding the man at the door?
2. What does Sloane claim is responsible for his irresponsible behavior to Ed?
3. What adjective does Sloane tell Ed that he is in Act Two?
4. What does Sloane ask Ed for in regard to his moving in?
5. What does Sloane suggest about Kath's condition?
Essay Topic 1
How does Entertaining Mr. Sloane cross the barriers of taboo regarding homosexuality? How does the play portray homosexuals without using explicit terms like "gay" or "homosexual"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how "humanity" and "virtue" are portrayed in Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Is this a hopeful or a negative view? What in the text supports this viewpoint? How do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
How does violence change the nature of the play? Are these characters to be seen as funny, or dangerous, or both? How do previous productions portrayed these characters? Which methods are the most effective? Which does Orton approve of?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)