|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does Sloane tell Ed that he is in Act Two?
2. Who says, "What a life. Backache, headache, or her mum tells her never to when there's an 'R' in the month"?
3. How does Kemp say they "identify" Sloane?
4. What does Sloane suggest about Kath's condition?
5. What does Kath ask if she can call Sloane in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Joe Orton's own life reflected in Entertaining Mr Sloane? What figures in the play relate to his personal life? How?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Ed and Kemp and between Kemp and Kath. How do these differ? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Sloane as an antihero. How does he manipulate others to achieve his desires? Does he extol any virtues? What happens if Sloane never arrives?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)