|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kemp say regarding the man at the door?
2. How long does Ed say Sloane lives here in Act Two?
3. What does Kemp's boss think Sloane is doing in the middle of the night?
4. What does Kemp show Ed in Act Two?
5. How does Kemp say they "identify" Sloane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each character in Entertaining Mr. Sloane embodies that of a self-serving, self-centered character. Does anyone do anything which serves as beyond their personal satisfaction? If so, who? Cite examples of the actions and objective of the characters as examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Ed and Kemp and between Kemp and Kath. How do these differ? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
How does violence change the nature of the play? Are these characters to be seen as funny, or dangerous, or both? How do previous productions portrayed these characters? Which methods are the most effective? Which does Orton approve of?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)