|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "false" about Kath's appearance?
2. In Act Two, Ed asks Sloane if he does what the night before?
3. Which character calls Sloane, "Pure as a lamb. Purer"?
4. What is Ed's mate's name?
5. What does Kemp look for when he enters in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the theme of Entertaining Mr. Sloane. What methods does Orton use to express this theme? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does violence change the nature of the play? Are these characters to be seen as funny, or dangerous, or both? How do previous productions portrayed these characters? Which methods are the most effective? Which does Orton approve of?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how each character in Entertaining Mr. Sloane embodies that of a self-serving, self-centered character. Does anyone do anything which serves as beyond their personal satisfaction? If so, who? Cite examples of the actions and objective of the characters as examples.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)