|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kemp say regarding the man at the door?
2. What does Sloane claim is responsible for his irresponsible behavior to Ed?
3. What adjective does Sloane tell Ed that he is in Act Two?
4. What does Sloane ask Ed for in regard to his moving in?
5. What does Sloane suggest about Kath's condition?
Essay Topic 1
How is Joe Orton's own life reflected in Entertaining Mr Sloane? What figures in the play relate to his personal life? How?
Essay Topic 2
What imagery, simile, and metaphors are used in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe how these contribute to the play's theme. Be sure to define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Orton portray "family" in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? What do you think his intention is behind this portrayal?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)