|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Sloane say he goes out with the previous night in Act Two?
2. Why does Ed want to speak to Kemp in Act Two?
3. Why does Kemp enter the lounge in Act Two?
4. What does Kath reveal to Sloane in Act Two?
5. What does Kath say Sloane is doing the night before in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Kath concerned about her reputation? What is said in regards to this--by Kath, by Ed, by Kemp and by Sloane? What is the hypocrisy of the situation?
Essay Topic 2
How does violence change the nature of the play? Are these characters to be seen as funny, or dangerous, or both? How do previous productions portrayed these characters? Which methods are the most effective? Which does Orton approve of?
Essay Topic 3
Does Joe Orton employ a standard "well-made-play" format in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe the plot line for the play.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)