|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character calls Sloane, "Pure as a lamb. Purer"?
2. What does Kath reveal to Sloane in Act Two?
3. What adjective does Sloane tell Ed that he is in Act Two?
4. What does Ed do to Tommy's letter to Kath?
5. Who does Kemp say "first spotted it" about Kath?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each character in Entertaining Mr. Sloane embodies that of a self-serving, self-centered character. Does anyone do anything which serves as beyond their personal satisfaction? If so, who? Cite examples of the actions and objective of the characters as examples.
Essay Topic 2
How does Orton portray "family" in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? What do you think his intention is behind this portrayal?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Ed and Kemp and between Kemp and Kath. How do these differ? How are they similar?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)