|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Pop send away from the lounge in Act Two?
2. Why does Ed want to speak to Kemp in Act Two?
3. What is "false" about Kath's appearance?
4. Which character calls Sloane, "Pure as a lamb. Purer"?
5. What is the reasoning Sloane believes Kemp's boss dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Joe Orton's own life reflected in Entertaining Mr Sloane? What figures in the play relate to his personal life? How?
Essay Topic 2
How does Orton portray "family" in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? What do you think his intention is behind this portrayal?
Essay Topic 3
What is the irony in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe the three different types of irony and explain how Orton uses each. Use examples from the text in your answer.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)