|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kemp enter the lounge in Act Two?
2. Who is compared to a washing machine in the play?
3. Where does Kemp's boss pick Sloane up?
4. What adjective does Sloane tell Ed that he is in Act Two?
5. Kath says to Ed: "And if you send him away I shall cry like the time _________."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how "humanity" and "virtue" are portrayed in Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Is this a hopeful or a negative view? What in the text supports this viewpoint? How do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
Which character employs the most "verbal wit" in the play? What genre of drama does this verbal sparring most closely resemble? Give examples of the verbal wit used in Entertaining Mr. Sloane.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how each character in Entertaining Mr. Sloane embodies that of a self-serving, self-centered character. Does anyone do anything which serves as beyond their personal satisfaction? If so, who? Cite examples of the actions and objective of the characters as examples.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)