|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sloane suggest about Kath's condition?
2. Who says, "Told him she's up the stick do you? Why do you tell him"?
3. What does Kath refer to herself as with Sloane?
4. What adjective does Sloane tell Ed that he is in Act Two?
5. How long does Ed say Sloane lives here in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Entertaining Mr. Sloane cross the barriers of taboo regarding homosexuality? How does the play portray homosexuals without using explicit terms like "gay" or "homosexual"?
Essay Topic 2
What imagery, simile, and metaphors are used in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe how these contribute to the play's theme. Be sure to define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Which character employs the most "verbal wit" in the play? What genre of drama does this verbal sparring most closely resemble? Give examples of the verbal wit used in Entertaining Mr. Sloane.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)