|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kemp's boss pick Sloane up?
2. What does Kath ask if she can call Sloane in Act Two?
3. Who says, "What a life. Backache, headache, or her mum tells her never to when there's an 'R' in the month"?
4. Who says, "Told him she's up the stick do you? Why do you tell him"?
5. What does Kemp say he's expecting a delivery of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Entertaining Mr. Sloane cross the barriers of taboo regarding homosexuality? How does the play portray homosexuals without using explicit terms like "gay" or "homosexual"?
Essay Topic 2
How does violence change the nature of the play? Are these characters to be seen as funny, or dangerous, or both? How do previous productions portrayed these characters? Which methods are the most effective? Which does Orton approve of?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Kath concerned about her reputation? What is said in regards to this--by Kath, by Ed, by Kemp and by Sloane? What is the hypocrisy of the situation?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)