|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character calls Sloane, "Pure as a lamb. Purer"?
2. Where is Tommy's photograph?
3. How much time lapses between Act One and Act Two?
4. In Act Two, what does Ed suggest that Sloane do?
5. What does Kath ask if she can call Sloane in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss disillusionment in Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Which characters are deluded in their vision of reality? With the past? With the future? Use examples from the text in answering this question.
Essay Topic 2
How does Entertaining Mr. Sloane cross the barriers of taboo regarding homosexuality? How does the play portray homosexuals without using explicit terms like "gay" or "homosexual"?
Essay Topic 3
What is the irony in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe the three different types of irony and explain how Orton uses each. Use examples from the text in your answer.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)