|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "I could still identify you"?
2. Which character says, "You're a teaser aint you"?
3. Whom does Kath say that Sloane is almost the same age as?
4. Why does Kath say she can't ask Dadda to do any work involving ladders?
5. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ed tell Sloane he has to do regarding Kemp's death? What is Sloane's response?
2. How is this play similar to Theatre of the Absurd?
3. How does Kath reveal that she is pregnant? How does she feel about the situation?
4. What is Sloane's reasoning behind the death of Kemp?
5. What is revealed about the characters' motives in Act Two?
6. What comments does Kemp say that lead to the presumption that he is bigoted? How do the others respond?
7. What does Sloane do to Kemp at the end of Act Two? How?
8. What is Ed's and Kath's response to Kemp's allegations about Sloane?
9. Name the different points of conflict that appear in Act Two.
10. Describe the "seedy situation" of the neighborhood. How does it come to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Ed and Kath. What similarities do they share? What divides them? How do these characters feel about each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Sloane "fit in" with his new home and the surrounding characters? How do you react if you enter the world of this play? Do you empathize with any of the characters? Why? Why not?
Essay Topic 3
Does Entertaining Mr. Sloane carry through the test of time? Is it dated? Does this play have the same effect if produced today as it does originally? Why? Why not?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)