|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kemp attack Sloane in Act One?
2. Which character says, "You must treat me gently when I'm in one of my moods"?
3. What feature does Kath remark upon while bandaging him?
4. What habit does Ed have?
5. How long is Kath actually married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ed's character. Where does he live? What is his profession?
2. What story does Sloane tell Ed to convince him to allow him another chance in Act Three?
3. What "role" does Kath play to Sloane? How is this ironic?
4. What does Kemp say his boss does? What is his position?
5. Where is the play set? What is the house like? Where is it?
6. What is Ed's response upon meeting Sloane? What does he ask him about?
7. Describe the character of Sloane. How old is he? What is his appearance like?
8. At which point in Act Three does Sloane lose the upper hand?
9. How can Ed and Kath be compared to Richard Halliwell?
10. What is revealed about the characters' motives in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss disillusionment in Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Which characters are deluded in their vision of reality? With the past? With the future? Use examples from the text in answering this question.
Essay Topic 2
Does Entertaining Mr. Sloane carry through the test of time? Is it dated? Does this play have the same effect if produced today as it does originally? Why? Why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Ed and Kath. What similarities do they share? What divides them? How do these characters feel about each other?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)