Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street is Sloane's old flat?
2. Where does Kath meet Sloane?
3. Who does Sloane say he's likely gotten Kemp confused with?
4. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
5. What compliment does Kath remark on with Sloane in Act One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kemp say his boss does? What is his position?
2. What is Sloane's "threat" used to get what he wants? How do the characters respond to it?
3. Where is the play set? What is the house like? Where is it?
4. How does Sloane remember his parents? Why does he feel as he does?
5. What are the macabre elements of Entertaining Mr. Sloane?
6. How old is the character of Kath? What is her age in relation to the other characters? How old does she act?
7. At which point in Act Three does Sloane lose the upper hand?
8. How does Sloane's attitude change between Act One and Act Two?
9. What clues lead Ed to suspect Sloane of taking the car out?
10. How does Kath reveal that she is pregnant? How does she feel about the situation?
Essay Topic 1
What is the irony in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe the three different types of irony and explain how Orton uses each. Use examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What imagery, simile, and metaphors are used in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe how these contribute to the play's theme. Be sure to define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss disillusionment in Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Which characters are deluded in their vision of reality? With the past? With the future? Use examples from the text in answering this question.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)