|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Kemp have?
2. Whom does Kath say arranges her child's adoption?
3. Where does Sloane invite Kath to go with him in Act One?
4. In Act One, what does Kath say she buys the Dadda but he cannot stand?
5. What does Sloane find between the sofa cushions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ed's response to Kath keeping a lodger in the house? Why?
2. What does Sloane tell Kath when she asks him about striking Kemp? What is her reply?
3. Describe the scene in which Kath succeeds in seducing Sloane. What does the room look like? How is Kath dressed?
4. What is a "double entendre?" Give an example from the play.
5. Describe the character of Sloane. How old is he? What is his appearance like?
6. Why does Ed tell Kath that Kemp is going to be all right?
7. Why does Sloane tell Kemp someone is at the door to see him in Act Two? What is Kemp's reply?
8. What is Ed's and Kath's response to Kemp's allegations about Sloane?
9. Name the different points of conflict that appear in Act Two.
10. What act of violence does Sloane inflict upon Kath in Act Three? How does she respond?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the theme of Entertaining Mr. Sloane. What methods does Orton use to express this theme? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does Entertaining Mr. Sloane challenge the status quo of British society? How does it challenge sexuality?
Essay Topic 3
Does Joe Orton employ a standard "well-made-play" format in Entertaining Mr. Sloane? Describe the plot line for the play.
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)