|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Kemp have?
2. In Act One, what does Kath say she buys the Dadda but he cannot stand?
(a) Eye glasses.
(b) Foam rubber pillows.
(c) A walking cane.
(d) Feather pillows.
3. Which character says, "You've seen the milkman before. That's no cause to throw the shears at him"?
4. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
(a) Colney Hatch.
(b) Westwood Insanatorium.
(c) Eaton Retirement Home.
(d) Colony River.
5. Who is sent to get Sloane's suitcase?
(b) The bellhop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Kath say arranges her child's adoption?
2. What does Kath bring to stop the settee from being stained?
3. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
4. Who is Kath's father?
5. Where does Sloane say he is raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kemp attempt to tell Ed about Sloane? What does he show him as proof?
2. How does Kemp respond to Sloane's story of the happenings with Kemp's boss?
3. How does Sloane's attitude change between Act One and Act Two?
4. What is revealed about the characters' motives in Act Two?
5. Who is Kemp? What is his relationship to Kath and Ed? How old is he?
6. Describe the character of Sloane. How old is he? What is his appearance like?
7. How does Entertaining Mr .Sloane challenge the status quo of 1960s England?
8. What is Ed's response upon meeting Sloane? What does he ask him about?
9. What act of violence does Sloane inflict upon Kath in Act Three? How does she respond?
10. List an example (or two) of subtext in the play. What are the character's words and what is implied by them?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)