|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kath go to do in Act One, leaving Sloane and Kemp alone?
(a) Answer the door.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Make tea.
(d) Take a bath.
2. How long is Kath actually married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) She isn't.
3. Who comes tapping at the window in Act One?
(d) The shopkeeper.
4. What does Kath change into for the end of Act One?
(a) A dress.
(b) A dowdy nightgown.
(d) A see-through negligee.
5. Whom does Kemp say can be a help with the situation with the neighborhood?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His boss.
(d) His landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kath's father?
2. What does Sloane say about his parents?
3. What does Sloane find between the sofa cushions?
4. How does Kemp attack Sloane in Act One?
5. What does Kemp do during his first conversation with Sloane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sloane tell Kath when she asks him about striking Kemp? What is her reply?
2. How can Ed and Kath be compared to Richard Halliwell?
3. What is revealed about the characters' motives in Act Two?
4. How does Sloane remember his parents? Why does he feel as he does?
5. What happens 20 years ago between Ed and Kemp? What is their relationship now because of it?
6. What is Ed's response upon meeting Sloane? What does he ask him about?
7. Explain the story behind Kath's son.
8. What is Ed's response to Kath keeping a lodger in the house? Why?
9. Where is the play set? What is the house like? Where is it?
10. Who is Kemp? What is his relationship to Kath and Ed? How old is he?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)