|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pride does Kemp remark about his son?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is good at sports.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is an excellent student.
2. What does Kath tell Sloane she has on beneath her dress?
(a) Lace underwear.
(c) His underwear.
(d) A bra.
3. In Act One, what does Kath say she buys the Dadda but he cannot stand?
(a) Feather pillows.
(b) Eye glasses.
(c) Foam rubber pillows.
(d) A walking cane.
4. What does Kath change into for the end of Act One?
(a) A dowdy nightgown.
(b) A dress.
(d) A see-through negligee.
5. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
(a) "It's inappropriate for a young man to stay here."
(b) "How much is he paying?"
(c) "He can take my room."
(d) "He can't. We've no room."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed ask Sloane about first?
2. Which character says, "Drinking I don't mind. Drugs I abhor. You'll get to know all my habits"?
3. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
4. Which character says, "That kind of thing happens often, I believe. For myself, I usually lock the door"?
5. What is knocked to the floor at the end of Act One?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ed tell Sloane he cannot come live with him following Kemp's death?
2. How is this play similar to Theatre of the Absurd?
3. What do Ed and Kath plan to tell the police regarding Kemp's death? How do they plan to pull it off?
4. Describe Ed's character. Where does he live? What is his profession?
5. What does Kemp attempt to tell Ed about Sloane? What does he show him as proof?
6. What is Sloane's reasoning behind the death of Kemp?
7. What is the theme of Entertaining Mr. Sloane? What does the term "theme" mean?
8. What does Kemp say his boss does? What is his position?
9. What story does Sloane tell Ed to convince him to allow him another chance in Act Three?
10. What does Ed offer Sloane in Act One? How does he describe the offer?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)