|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "I had a boy... killed in very sad circumstances"?
2. What does Ed ask Sloane about first?
(a) The hostel.
(b) The orphanage.
(c) The library.
3. What does Sloane find between the sofa cushions?
(a) A nylon stocking.
(b) A gun.
(c) A locket.
(d) A knife.
4. On what street is Sloane's old flat?
(a) Windham Earl.
(b) Johnston Fuller.
(c) Burberry Flats.
(d) Hilary's Crescent.
5. What does Ed make mention of, which incidentally is also what Orton's lover overdoses on?
(d) Sleeping pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sloane suggest Kemp do about the neighborhood situation?
2. How many children does Kemp have?
3. Who says they pay for Sloane's rent?
4. Where does Ed say he and his "mate" are together?
5. Who comes tapping at the window in Act One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens 20 years ago between Ed and Kemp? What is their relationship now because of it?
2. Describe the scene in which Kath succeeds in seducing Sloane. What does the room look like? How is Kath dressed?
3. Where is the play set? What is the house like? Where is it?
4. How is Sloane comparable to Orton the playwright?
5. What is the theme of Entertaining Mr. Sloane? What does the term "theme" mean?
6. What is Sloane's reaction to Kath's pregnancy? What does he say?
7. Name the different points of conflict that appear in Act Two.
8. What are the macabre elements of Entertaining Mr. Sloane?
9. What is "Sloane's account" of his interaction with Kemp's boss?
10. What does Sloane tell Kath when she asks him about striking Kemp? What is her reply?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)