|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The lounge.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The restroom.
2. How does Kemp attack Sloane in Act One?
(a) He stabs him with a fork.
(b) He kicks him.
(c) He cuts him with a knife.
(d) He burns him with hot tea.
3. What does Kath bring to stop the settee from being stained?
(a) A sponge.
(b) A cotton cloth.
(c) A pair of stockings.
(d) A piece of silk.
4. What does Ed ask Sloane about first?
(a) The hostel.
(b) The orphanage.
(d) The library.
5. Where does Kath meet Sloane?
(a) The pub.
(b) At the shop.
(c) At church.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Kemp not on speaking terms with his son?
2. What does Kath change into for the end of Act One?
3. Where does Ed say he and his "mate" are together?
4. Whom does Kemp say can be a help with the situation with the neighborhood?
5. Which character says, "Drinking I don't mind. Drugs I abhor. You'll get to know all my habits"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ed tell Kath that Kemp is going to be all right?
2. How is Sloane comparable to Orton the playwright?
3. What excuses does Sloane provide to Ed for his interactions with Kath?
4. What is a "double entendre?" Give an example from the play.
5. What does Kemp say his boss does? What is his position?
6. What is Ed's response upon meeting Sloane? What does he ask him about?
7. What is Sloane's reasoning behind the death of Kemp?
8. Describe the character of Sloane. How old is he? What is his appearance like?
9. What is the "solution" which Ed decides to the predicament at the end of the play?
10. How old is the character of Kath? What is her age in relation to the other characters? How old does she act?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)