|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kath bring out to show Sloane at the end of Act One?
(a) Her locket.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her dog.
2. What does Kath pretend to do in the lounge in Act One?
3. What is Kemp's position for his former boss?
(a) General handyman.
4. Who does Sloane say he's likely gotten Kemp confused with?
5. What does Kath bring to stop the settee from being stained?
(a) A pair of stockings.
(b) A piece of silk.
(c) A sponge.
(d) A cotton cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Kemp say can be a help with the situation with the neighborhood?
2. What topic does Ed seem rather interested in during his first conversation with Sloane?
3. How old is Kath?
4. Who comes tapping at the window in Act One?
5. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theme of Entertaining Mr. Sloane? What does the term "theme" mean?
2. How does Kath describe Tommy? What are her feelings toward him?
3. Name the different points of conflict that appear in Act Two.
4. What does Ed tell Sloane he has to do regarding Kemp's death? What is Sloane's response?
5. At which point in Act Three does Sloane lose the upper hand?
6. What does Ed promise Kath in return for their father speaking to him? Why does he want to speak to his father?
7. What does Sloane tell Kath when she asks him about striking Kemp? What is her reply?
8. What is Ed's response upon meeting Sloane? What does he ask him about?
9. What clues lead Ed to suspect Sloane of taking the car out?
10. What story does Sloane tell Ed to convince him to allow him another chance in Act Three?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)