|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kemp mistake Sloane for when he first meets him?
(a) The postman.
2. Who is Kath's father?
3. What does Kemp do during his first conversation with Sloane?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Makes tea.
(d) Toasts crumpets.
4. Where does Sloane invite Kath to go with him in Act One?
(a) To go to the seashore.
(b) To go to London.
(c) To visit his parents' grave.
(d) To go to the corner pub.
5. What does Kath bring out to show Sloane at the end of Act One?
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her locket.
(d) Her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
2. What is located next to the house?
3. Where does Sloane ask if he meets Kemp before?
4. Who says they pay for Sloane's rent?
5. How many children does Kemp have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What act of violence does Sloane inflict upon Kath in Act Three? How does she respond?
2. What clues lead Ed to suspect Sloane of taking the car out?
3. How does Kath reveal that she is pregnant? How does she feel about the situation?
4. What does Ed offer Sloane in Act One? How does he describe the offer?
5. What does Ed do to Kath to convince her she is warped in her view of herself? What does he say to her?
6. What is Ed's and Kath's response to Kemp's allegations about Sloane?
7. What is Sloane's "threat" used to get what he wants? How do the characters respond to it?
8. What is a "double entendre?" Give an example from the play.
9. Why does Kath change her mind about covering up the murder?
10. What is Ed's "take" on the situation between Kath and Tommy?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)