|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kemp say happens to his former boss?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He marries a wealthy woman.
(c) He leaves town.
(d) He commits suicide.
2. Which character says, "I could still identify you"?
3. What does Kath bring out to show Sloane at the end of Act One?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her dog.
(d) Her locket.
4. What does Kath bring to stop the settee from being stained?
(a) A cotton cloth.
(b) A sponge.
(c) A pair of stockings.
(d) A piece of silk.
5. Who does Sloane say he's likely gotten Kemp confused with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sloane say he is raised?
2. What does Kath tell Sloane she has on beneath her dress?
3. What does Ed ask Sloane about first?
4. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
5. Which character says, "I'm broadminded"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the "seedy situation" of the neighborhood. How does it come to be?
2. What "role" does Kath play to Sloane? How is this ironic?
3. What is Ed's "take" on the situation between Kath and Tommy?
4. What does Ed do to Kath to convince her she is warped in her view of herself? What does he say to her?
5. What does Ed offer Sloane in Act One? How does he describe the offer?
6. Why does Kath become upset early in Act Two? How does she show this? What is Sloane's response?
7. What is Sloane's "threat" used to get what he wants? How do the characters respond to it?
8. What are the macabre elements of Entertaining Mr. Sloane?
9. Where does Kemp recognize Sloane from? Why is this important to the plot?
10. How does Sloane's attitude change between Act One and Act Two?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)