|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Kemp have?
2. What is knocked to the floor at the end of Act One?
(a) The photographs.
(b) The lamp.
(c) The nightgown.
(d) The knitting.
3. Which character says, "I had a boy... killed in very sad circumstances"?
4. What does Kath tell Sloane she has on beneath her dress?
(a) Lace underwear.
(b) A bra.
(d) His underwear.
5. Where does Ed say he and his "mate" are together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located next to the house?
2. What compliment does Kath remark on with Sloane in Act One?
3. What does Kath go to do in Act One, leaving Sloane and Kemp alone?
4. Where does Sloane ask if he meets Kemp before?
5. What does Kath bring out to show Sloane at the end of Act One?
Short Essay Questions
1. At which point in Act Three does Sloane panic completely, given his circumstances?
2. What does Sloane do to Kemp at the end of Act Two? How?
3. What act of violence does Sloane inflict upon Kath in Act Three? How does she respond?
4. How does Entertaining Mr .Sloane challenge the status quo of 1960s England?
5. Describe Ed's character. Where does he live? What is his profession?
6. Describe the "seedy situation" of the neighborhood. How does it come to be?
7. What happens 20 years ago between Ed and Kemp? What is their relationship now because of it?
8. What does Ed tell Sloane he has to do regarding Kemp's death? What is Sloane's response?
9. What does Ed do to Kath to convince her she is warped in her view of herself? What does he say to her?
10. Why does Ed want Sloane to move in with him? What are the "surface reasons" as well as the implications through subtext?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)