|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature does Kath remark upon while bandaging him?
(a) His dark leg hair.
(b) His tan.
(c) His muscles.
(d) His strong hands.
2. Where does Sloane ask if he meets Kemp before?
(a) City hall.
(b) A photography studio.
(c) The pub at the end of the road.
(d) A school.
3. What does Sloane find between the sofa cushions?
(a) A knife.
(b) A locket.
(c) A gun.
(d) A nylon stocking.
4. How does Kemp attack Sloane in Act One?
(a) He stabs him with a fork.
(b) He cuts him with a knife.
(c) He burns him with hot tea.
(d) He kicks him.
5. Where does Ed say he and his "mate" are together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kath bring out to show Sloane at the end of Act One?
2. How long is Kath actually married?
3. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
4. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
5. Whom does Kemp say can be a help with the situation with the neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Sloane. How old is he? What is his appearance like?
2. How does Kemp respond to Sloane's story of the happenings with Kemp's boss?
3. What is "Sloane's account" of his interaction with Kemp's boss?
4. What act of violence does Sloane inflict upon Kath in Act Three? How does she respond?
5. What is the "solution" which Ed decides to the predicament at the end of the play?
6. List an example (or two) of subtext in the play. What are the character's words and what is implied by them?
7. How can Ed and Kath be compared to Richard Halliwell?
8. What is Sloane's "threat" used to get what he wants? How do the characters respond to it?
9. What does Kemp say his boss does? What is his position?
10. At which point in Act Three does Sloane panic completely, given his circumstances?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)