|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kath say that Sloane is almost the same age as?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her son who dies.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her sister.
2. What does Kemp do during his first conversation with Sloane?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Writes a letter.
(c) Toasts crumpets.
(d) Makes tea.
3. What does Kemp say happens to his former boss?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He marries a wealthy woman.
4. How long is Kath actually married?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) She isn't.
5. Which character says, "I could still identify you"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed make mention of, which incidentally is also what Orton's lover overdoses on?
2. What does Kath pretend to do in the lounge in Act One?
3. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
4. Whom does Kemp say can be a help with the situation with the neighborhood?
5. What is located next to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is this play similar to Theatre of the Absurd?
2. Why does Ed tell Sloane he cannot come live with him following Kemp's death?
3. What is the theme of Entertaining Mr. Sloane? What does the term "theme" mean?
4. What "role" does Kath play to Sloane? How is this ironic?
5. What is revealed about the characters' motives in Act Two?
6. How does Sloane remember his parents? Why does he feel as he does?
7. Describe the "seedy situation" of the neighborhood. How does it come to be?
8. What does Ed tell Sloane he has to do regarding Kemp's death? What is Sloane's response?
9. What excuses does Sloane provide to Ed for his interactions with Kath?
10. Explain the story behind Kath's son.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)