|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pride does Kemp remark about his son?
(a) He is an excellent student.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is good at sports.
2. Who is sent to get Sloane's suitcase?
(a) The bellhop.
3. What does Kath bring to stop the settee from being stained?
(a) A sponge.
(b) A cotton cloth.
(c) A piece of silk.
(d) A pair of stockings.
4. How many cars does Ed own?
5. Whom does Kemp say can be a help with the situation with the neighborhood?
(a) His landlord.
(b) His brother.
(c) His boss.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kemp's position for his former boss?
2. Which character says, "I could still identify you"?
3. Which character says, "You're a teaser aint you"?
4. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
5. Who does Kemp mistake Sloane for when he first meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kemp attempt to tell Ed about Sloane? What does he show him as proof?
2. Describe the scene in which Kath succeeds in seducing Sloane. What does the room look like? How is Kath dressed?
3. Where is the play set? What is the house like? Where is it?
4. Why does Kath become upset early in Act Two? How does she show this? What is Sloane's response?
5. Name the different points of conflict that appear in Act Two.
6. What actions occurs at the beginning of Act Three? Who is present?
7. Why does Kath change her mind about covering up the murder?
8. How does Sloane feel about marrying Kath? Why?
9. What is Sloane's reasoning behind the death of Kemp?
10. What does Ed promise Kath in return for their father speaking to him? Why does he want to speak to his father?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)