|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "That kind of thing happens often, I believe. For myself, I usually lock the door"?
2. How long is Kemp not on speaking terms with his son?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. How many children does Kemp have?
4. What does Kemp do during his first conversation with Sloane?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Makes tea.
(c) Writes a letter.
(d) Toasts crumpets.
5. What is Kemp's position for his former boss?
(a) General handyman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "I could still identify you"?
2. What pride does Kemp remark about his son?
3. What topic does Ed seem rather interested in during his first conversation with Sloane?
4. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
5. Whom does Kemp say can be a help with the situation with the neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "double entendre?" Give an example from the play.
2. What do Ed and Kath plan to tell the police regarding Kemp's death? How do they plan to pull it off?
3. How old is the character of Kath? What is her age in relation to the other characters? How old does she act?
4. Name the different points of conflict that appear in Act Two.
5. Why does Ed tell Sloane he cannot come live with him following Kemp's death?
6. How does Sloane remember his parents? Why does he feel as he does?
7. Describe the scene in which Kath succeeds in seducing Sloane. What does the room look like? How is Kath dressed?
8. Who is Kemp? What is his relationship to Kath and Ed? How old is he?
9. How does Kath describe Tommy? What are her feelings toward him?
10. How does Sloane feel about marrying Kath? Why?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)