|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street is Sloane's old flat?
(a) Hilary's Crescent.
(b) Burberry Flats.
(c) Johnston Fuller.
(d) Windham Earl.
2. What does Kath change into for the end of Act One?
(a) A dress.
(c) A dowdy nightgown.
(d) A see-through negligee.
3. What does Kath pretend to do in the lounge in Act One?
4. What topic does Ed seem rather interested in during his first conversation with Sloane?
5. How long is Kath actually married?
(a) She isn't.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sloane invite Kath to go with him in Act One?
2. Who comes tapping at the window in Act One?
3. In Act One, what does Kath say she buys the Dadda but he cannot stand?
4. Where does Kath meet Sloane?
5. What does Kemp say he witnesses his son engaged in when he is 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ed tell Sloane he cannot come live with him following Kemp's death?
2. What act of violence does Sloane inflict upon Kath in Act Three? How does she respond?
3. What are the macabre elements of Entertaining Mr. Sloane?
4. What is Sloane's reasoning behind the death of Kemp?
5. What is "Sloane's account" of his interaction with Kemp's boss?
6. What is a "double entendre?" Give an example from the play.
7. What is Ed's and Kath's response to Kemp's allegations about Sloane?
8. What excuses does Sloane provide to Ed for his interactions with Kath?
9. How does Entertaining Mr .Sloane challenge the status quo of 1960s England?
10. Why does Kath become upset early in Act Two? How does she show this? What is Sloane's response?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)