|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "Drinking I don't mind. Drugs I abhor. You'll get to know all my habits"?
2. Who is sent to get Sloane's suitcase?
(c) The bellhop.
3. Who comes tapping at the window in Act One?
(d) The shopkeeper.
4. Who is Kath's father?
5. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) The restroom.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The lounge.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kath say she can't ask Dadda to do any work involving ladders?
2. Which character says, "That kind of thing happens often, I believe. For myself, I usually lock the door"?
3. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
4. What does Ed ask Sloane about first?
5. What is located next to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "role" does Kath play to Sloane? How is this ironic?
2. What do Ed and Kath plan to tell the police regarding Kemp's death? How do they plan to pull it off?
3. What does Ed do to Kath to convince her she is warped in her view of herself? What does he say to her?
4. Describe the scene in which Kath succeeds in seducing Sloane. What does the room look like? How is Kath dressed?
5. What does Ed promise Kath in return for their father speaking to him? Why does he want to speak to his father?
6. How does Kath describe Tommy? What are her feelings toward him?
7. What is the "solution" which Ed decides to the predicament at the end of the play?
8. Why does Ed want Sloane to move in with him? What are the "surface reasons" as well as the implications through subtext?
9. What does Kemp attempt to tell Ed about Sloane? What does he show him as proof?
10. What excuses does Sloane provide to Ed for his interactions with Kath?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)