|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kath say that Sloane is almost the same age as?
(a) Her son who dies.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her sister.
2. Which character says, "You've seen the milkman before. That's no cause to throw the shears at him"?
3. Where does Sloane ask if he meets Kemp before?
(a) City hall.
(b) A photography studio.
(c) The pub at the end of the road.
(d) A school.
4. What does Kath go to do in Act One, leaving Sloane and Kemp alone?
(a) Make tea.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Answer the door.
(d) Take a bath.
5. What does Sloane suggest Kemp do about the neighborhood situation?
(a) Contact someone with pull on the council.
(b) Arrange to meet with a lawyer.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Speak with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kemp's position for his former boss?
2. Which character says, "I had a boy... killed in very sad circumstances"?
3. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
4. Which character says, "You must treat me gently when I'm in one of my moods"?
5. Who is Kath's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sloane tell Kemp someone is at the door to see him in Act Two? What is Kemp's reply?
2. How does Kath describe Tommy? What are her feelings toward him?
3. How does Kath reveal that she is pregnant? How does she feel about the situation?
4. How does Sloane respond when Ed corners him regarding taking out the car? What is Ed's reaction?
5. What is the "solution" which Ed decides to the predicament at the end of the play?
6. What do Ed and Kath plan to tell the police regarding Kemp's death? How do they plan to pull it off?
7. What comments does Kemp say that lead to the presumption that he is bigoted? How do the others respond?
8. What clues lead Ed to suspect Sloane of taking the car out?
9. Where does Kemp recognize Sloane from? Why is this important to the plot?
10. What is Sloane's reaction to Kath's pregnancy? What does he say?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)