|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kath say she can't ask Dadda to do any work involving ladders?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is afraid of heights.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He has trouble with his eyes.
2. Where does Sloane say he is raised?
(b) An orphanage.
(d) A castle.
3. What does Kath bring out to show Sloane at the end of Act One?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her locket.
4. What does Kemp do during his first conversation with Sloane?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Makes tea.
(c) Writes a letter.
(d) Toasts crumpets.
5. What topic does Ed seem rather interested in during his first conversation with Sloane?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street is Sloane's old flat?
2. Who is sent to get Sloane's suitcase?
3. Where does Ed say he and his "mate" are together?
4. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
5. Who comes tapping at the window in Act One?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sloane remember his parents? Why does he feel as he does?
2. What is Ed's response to Kath keeping a lodger in the house? Why?
3. What does Kemp say his boss does? What is his position?
4. How does Sloane respond when Ed corners him regarding taking out the car? What is Ed's reaction?
5. What is revealed about the characters' motives in Act Two?
6. What is Sloane's reasoning behind the death of Kemp?
7. What "role" does Kath play to Sloane? How is this ironic?
8. What actions occurs at the beginning of Act Three? Who is present?
9. What is "Sloane's account" of his interaction with Kemp's boss?
10. What story does Sloane tell Ed to convince him to allow him another chance in Act Three?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)