|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sloane find between the sofa cushions?
(a) A gun.
(b) A locket.
(c) A knife.
(d) A nylon stocking.
2. Who says they pay for Sloane's rent?
3. What does Kemp say happens to his former boss?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He marries a wealthy woman.
(d) He is murdered.
4. What does Kath bring to stop the settee from being stained?
(a) A piece of silk.
(b) A cotton cloth.
(c) A pair of stockings.
(d) A sponge.
5. In Act One, what does Kath say she buys the Dadda but he cannot stand?
(a) A walking cane.
(b) Foam rubber pillows.
(c) Eye glasses.
(d) Feather pillows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
2. Whom does Kath say that Sloane is almost the same age as?
3. How many cars does Ed own?
4. Why does Kath say she can't ask Dadda to do any work involving ladders?
5. What topic does Ed seem rather interested in during his first conversation with Sloane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name the different points of conflict that appear in Act Two.
2. How is Sloane comparable to Orton the playwright?
3. What does Kemp say his boss does? What is his position?
4. What is the theme of Entertaining Mr. Sloane? What does the term "theme" mean?
5. Explain the story behind Kath's son.
6. Describe the character of Sloane. How old is he? What is his appearance like?
7. How does Kath describe Tommy? What are her feelings toward him?
8. What does Ed tell Sloane he has to do regarding Kemp's death? What is Sloane's response?
9. Why does Ed want Sloane to move in with him? What are the "surface reasons" as well as the implications through subtext?
10. What does Kemp attempt to tell Ed about Sloane? What does he show him as proof?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)