|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kemp say happens to his former boss?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He marries a wealthy woman.
(d) He commits suicide.
2. What does Ed ask Sloane about first?
(a) The hostel.
(b) The orphanage.
(c) The library.
3. Who does Sloane say he's likely gotten Kemp confused with?
4. How many cars does Ed own?
5. What is located next to the house?
(a) A rubbish dump.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Drinking I don't mind. Drugs I abhor. You'll get to know all my habits"?
2. Which character says, "You've seen the milkman before. That's no cause to throw the shears at him"?
3. What does Kath ask Sloane to do before bandaging him?
4. What does Kath tell Sloane she has on beneath her dress?
5. What does Kath go to do in Act One, leaving Sloane and Kemp alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in which Kath succeeds in seducing Sloane. What does the room look like? How is Kath dressed?
2. Why does Ed tell Sloane he cannot come live with him following Kemp's death?
3. At which point in Act Three does Sloane lose the upper hand?
4. What is Ed's and Kath's response to Kemp's allegations about Sloane?
5. How is Sloane comparable to Orton the playwright?
6. How old is the character of Kath? What is her age in relation to the other characters? How old does she act?
7. How does Entertaining Mr .Sloane challenge the status quo of 1960s England?
8. What does Sloane do to Kemp at the end of Act Two? How?
9. At which point in Act Three does Sloane panic completely, given his circumstances?
10. What is "Sloane's account" of his interaction with Kemp's boss?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)