|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sloane invite Kath to go with him in Act One?
(a) To go to the corner pub.
(b) To go to London.
(c) To visit his parents' grave.
(d) To go to the seashore.
2. What does Kath bring to stop the settee from being stained?
(a) A sponge.
(b) A pair of stockings.
(c) A piece of silk.
(d) A cotton cloth.
3. What does Kath pretend to do in the lounge in Act One?
4. How old is Sloane?
5. Which character says, "I could still identify you"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kemp say happens to his former boss?
2. Which character says, "You've seen the milkman before. That's no cause to throw the shears at him"?
3. How long is Kath actually married?
4. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
5. On what street is Sloane's old flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sloane tell Kemp someone is at the door to see him in Act Two? What is Kemp's reply?
2. What is revealed about the characters' motives in Act Two?
3. What happens 20 years ago between Ed and Kemp? What is their relationship now because of it?
4. What actions occurs at the beginning of Act Three? Who is present?
5. Describe the scene in which Kath succeeds in seducing Sloane. What does the room look like? How is Kath dressed?
6. What is Ed's response to Kath keeping a lodger in the house? Why?
7. What does Sloane do to Kemp at the end of Act Two? How?
8. What comments does Kemp say that lead to the presumption that he is bigoted? How do the others respond?
9. What do Ed and Kath plan to tell the police regarding Kemp's death? How do they plan to pull it off?
10. How does Sloane feel about marrying Kath? Why?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)