|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sloane say when he reenters the lounge where Pop and Ed are in Act Two?
(a) Someone is here to see Kemp.
(b) Someone is here to see Ed.
(c) Someone is here to see Kath.
(d) Someone has hit the car.
2. What name does Sloane give Ed as one of the boys who takes a ride with him?
(a) Harry Thorpe.
(b) Ed Benton.
(c) Jacob Wellesly.
(d) William Smith.
3. What does Sloane claim is responsible for his irresponsible behavior to Ed?
(a) His church.
(b) His drinking.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His job.
4. How does Kemp say they "identify" Sloane?
(c) Telephone records.
5. What does Ed accuse Kath of doing in Act Two?
(a) Spending money behind his back.
(b) Taking the car for a ride.
(c) Keeping Sloane from his job.
(d) Taking ill care of their father.
6. What is Ed's mate's name?
7. What does Kemp's boss think Sloane is doing in the middle of the night?
(a) Coming on to him.
(b) Running away.
(c) Robbing him.
(d) Damaging his property.
8. How much time lapses between Act One and Act Two?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Several months.
(d) One year.
9. Who says, "What a life. Backache, headache, or her mum tells her never to when there's an 'R' in the month"?
10. What does Kath say Sloane is doing the night before in Act Two?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Taking her on a date.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Going out with friends.
11. What does Ed do to Tommy's letter to Kath?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Keep it.
(d) Steal it.
12. Whom does Pop send away from the lounge in Act Two?
13. What does Sloane ask Ed for in regard to his moving in?
(a) A raise.
(b) A ring.
(c) A loan.
(d) A vacation.
14. What is in the box that Ed brings in in Act Two?
(a) A car part.
(b) A fruit basket.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A gnome.
15. Where is Tommy's photograph?
(a) In Kath's bedroom.
(b) In the trash.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) Ed burns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kath ask Sloane to give her as a token of affection?
2. Kath says to Ed: "And if you send him away I shall cry like the time _________."
3. What does Kath reveal to Sloane in Act Two?
4. Who does Kath say doesn't let Tommy marry her?
5. Who does Kemp say "first spotted it" about Kath?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)