|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act Two, what does Ed suggest that Sloane do?
(a) Move in with him.
(b) Pay his rent.
(c) Kill his father.
(d) Marry his sister.
2. What does Kath say she's "going to have" to Kemp in Act Two?
(a) A baby.
(c) A fit.
(d) A bath.
3. What does Sloane take from Kemp when he's alone with him in Act Two?
(a) His tea.
(b) His bandage.
(c) His gun.
(d) His walking stick.
4. Who is compared to a washing machine in the play?
5. Who says, "Told him she's up the stick do you? Why do you tell him"?
6. Who does Kath say doesn't let Tommy marry her?
(b) His parents.
(c) His church.
(d) Her father.
7. What does Sloane say when he reenters the lounge where Pop and Ed are in Act Two?
(a) Someone is here to see Kath.
(b) Someone is here to see Kemp.
(c) Someone is here to see Ed.
(d) Someone has hit the car.
8. What does Kemp's boss do to Sloane?
(a) Photograph him.
(b) Break his arm.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Arrest him.
9. Which character calls Sloane, "Pure as a lamb. Purer"?
10. What is "false" about Kath's appearance?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her teeth.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her hair.
11. What is it that bothers Kath at the beginning of Act Two?
(a) Sloane tells her he doesn't love her.
(b) Her father is ill.
(c) Her brother isn't home yet.
(d) A woman gives her number to Sloane.
12. What does Ed say "put him in the way to success"?
(a) His sister.
(c) Losing his mate.
(d) Losing his father.
13. Why does Ed want to speak to Kemp in Act Two?
(a) To give him permission to marry.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To get him to sign papers.
14. How does Kemp say they "identify" Sloane?
(b) Telephone records.
15. What does Ed frequently refer to women as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ed's mate's name?
2. What does Sloane claim is responsible for his irresponsible behavior to Ed?
3. What does Sloane ask Ed for in regard to his moving in?
4. What does Kath refer to herself as with Sloane?
5. How much time lapses between Act One and Act Two?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)