|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reasoning Sloane believes Kemp's boss dies?
(a) A concussion.
(b) He is diabetic.
(c) He slips and falls.
(d) A bad heart.
2. What does Sloane ask Ed for in regard to his moving in?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A ring.
(c) A loan.
(d) A raise.
3. In Act Two, what does Ed suggest that Sloane do?
(a) Marry his sister.
(b) Kill his father.
(c) Pay his rent.
(d) Move in with him.
4. What does Kemp's boss do to Sloane?
(a) Arrest him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Photograph him.
(d) Break his arm.
5. What does Sloane suggest about Kath's condition?
(c) An insane asylum.
6. How does Kemp say they "identify" Sloane?
(a) Telephone records.
7. What does Kath ask if she can call Sloane in Act Two?
8. What does Ed compare his sister to in Act Two?
(a) A sow.
(b) A bird.
(c) A horse.
(d) A donkey.
9. Why does Ed want to speak to Kemp in Act Two?
(a) To get him to sign papers.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To give him permission to marry.
(d) To kill him.
10. What does Kemp's boss think Sloane is doing in the middle of the night?
(a) Damaging his property.
(b) Robbing him.
(c) Running away.
(d) Coming on to him.
11. Why does Kemp enter the lounge in Act Two?
(a) To speak with Kath.
(b) To speak with Ed.
(c) To bring Ed's papers.
(d) To speak with Sloane.
12. What does Kemp show Ed in Act Two?
(b) The papers Ed asks him to sign.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A knife.
13. In Act Two, Ed asks Sloane if he does what the night before?
(a) Borrows his suit.
(b) Goes to the shore.
(c) Knocks on his door.
(d) Uses the car.
14. What is Ed's mate's name?
15. Which character calls Sloane, "Pure as a lamb. Purer"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does Sloane tell Ed that he is in Act Two?
2. Where does Ed live?
3. Who does Kath say doesn't let Tommy marry her?
4. What name does Sloane give Ed as one of the boys who takes a ride with him?
5. Kath says to Ed: "And if you send him away I shall cry like the time _________."
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)