|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kemp say he's expecting a delivery of?
(a) A damson tree.
(b) A gnome.
(c) A telegraph.
(d) His pills.
2. What is Ed's mate's name?
3. What apparel is Sloane wearing at the beginning of Act Two?
(a) Blue jeans and a t-shirt.
(b) Leather trousers and boots.
(c) A butler uniform.
(d) A maid's outfit.
4. Who is compared to a washing machine in the play?
5. To whom does Sloane say the lipstick belongs to that Ed finds in his car?
(c) Doolan's wife.
(d) A prostitute.
6. What does Sloane say when he reenters the lounge where Pop and Ed are in Act Two?
(a) Someone has hit the car.
(b) Someone is here to see Kath.
(c) Someone is here to see Kemp.
(d) Someone is here to see Ed.
7. Why does Kemp enter the lounge in Act Two?
(a) To speak with Sloane.
(b) To bring Ed's papers.
(c) To speak with Ed.
(d) To speak with Kath.
8. What does Sloane suggest about Kath's condition?
(b) An insane asylum.
9. What does Sloane take from Kemp when he's alone with him in Act Two?
(a) His gun.
(b) His walking stick.
(c) His bandage.
(d) His tea.
10. Who says, "What a little whoreson you are you little whoreson"?
11. Whom does Sloane ask to have a word with after his discussion with Ed?
12. What does Kath reveal to Sloane in Act Two?
(a) She's pregnant.
(b) She's married.
(c) She's leaving.
(d) She's infertile.
13. What happens to Kemp at the end of Act Two?
(a) Kath kills him.
(b) He dies of a stroke.
(c) Ed kills him.
(d) Sloane kills him.
14. What does Ed accuse Kath of doing in Act Two?
(a) Taking ill care of their father.
(b) Keeping Sloane from his job.
(c) Taking the car for a ride.
(d) Spending money behind his back.
15. What does Ed frequently refer to women as?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act Two, Ed asks Sloane if he does what the night before?
2. What does Sloane claim is responsible for his irresponsible behavior to Ed?
3. What does Kemp's boss think Sloane is doing in the middle of the night?
4. What does Kemp say regarding the man at the door?
5. What does Kemp look for when he enters in Act Two?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)