|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kath says to Ed: "And if you send him away I shall cry like the time _________."
(a) You send Tommy away.
(b) You leave for the war.
(c) My baby dies.
(d) You take my real baby.
2. What does Kemp's boss do to Sloane?
(a) Break his arm.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Photograph him.
3. What apparel is Sloane wearing at the beginning of Act Two?
(a) A butler uniform.
(b) Leather trousers and boots.
(c) Blue jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A maid's outfit.
4. What does Sloane suggest about Kath's condition?
(b) An insane asylum.
5. What does Kemp look for when he enters in Act Two?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His hat.
(d) His pills.
6. What does Kath say she's giving Sloane as a birthday present?
(a) A ring.
(b) A car.
(c) A wooly.
(d) A baby.
7. Why does Ed want to speak to Kemp in Act Two?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To get him to sign papers.
(d) To give him permission to marry.
8. What is Ed the possessor of?
(a) Two bank accounts.
(b) An island.
(c) A Jaguar.
(d) A mansion.
9. What does Kath ask Sloane to give her as a token of affection?
(a) His watch.
(b) His books.
(c) His ring.
(d) His locket.
10. What does Ed compare his sister to in Act Two?
(a) A horse.
(b) A sow.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A bird.
11. With whom does Sloane say he goes out with the previous night in Act Two?
(a) A date.
(d) Three mates.
12. How much time lapses between Act One and Act Two?
(a) One year.
(b) One day.
(c) Several months.
(d) One week.
13. To whom is the line spoken, "Told him she's up the stick do you? Why do you tell him"?
14. How long does Ed say Sloane lives here in Act Two?
(a) Six months.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
15. What does Ed frequently refer to women as?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character calls Sloane, "Pure as a lamb. Purer"?
2. Who is compared to a washing machine in the play?
3. What does Sloane say when he reenters the lounge where Pop and Ed are in Act Two?
4. In Act Two, what does Ed suggest that Sloane do?
5. Who says, "Told him she's up the stick do you? Why do you tell him"?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)