|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "That kind of thing happens often, I believe. For myself, I usually lock the door"?
2. Where does Ed say he and his "mate" are together?
3. Whom does Kemp say can be a help with the situation with the neighborhood?
(a) His brother.
(b) His boss.
(c) His father.
(d) His landlord.
4. What does Kath tell Sloane she has on beneath her dress?
(a) Lace underwear.
(b) His underwear.
(d) A bra.
5. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) The lounge.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The restroom.
(d) The kitchen.
6. What feature does Kath remark upon while bandaging him?
(a) His strong hands.
(b) His tan.
(c) His dark leg hair.
(d) His muscles.
7. Why does Kath say she can't ask Dadda to do any work involving ladders?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is in a wheelchair.
(c) He is afraid of heights.
(d) He has trouble with his eyes.
8. Where does Sloane invite Kath to go with him in Act One?
(a) To go to the seashore.
(b) To visit his parents' grave.
(c) To go to the corner pub.
(d) To go to London.
9. What is Kemp's boss' profession?
10. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
(a) "He can take my room."
(b) "He can't. We've no room."
(c) "How much is he paying?"
(d) "It's inappropriate for a young man to stay here."
11. What is Kemp's position for his former boss?
(c) General handyman.
12. What does Sloane suggest Kemp do about the neighborhood situation?
(a) Arrange to meet with a lawyer.
(b) Contact someone with pull on the council.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Speak with his father.
13. Who says they pay for Sloane's rent?
14. Whom does Kath say that Sloane is almost the same age as?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her son who dies.
15. What does Sloane find between the sofa cushions?
(a) A locket.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A nylon stocking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kath go to do in Act One, leaving Sloane and Kemp alone?
2. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
3. Who does Kemp mistake Sloane for when he first meets him?
4. Which character says, "I had a boy... killed in very sad circumstances"?
5. What does Kemp do during his first conversation with Sloane?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)