|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kemp do during his first conversation with Sloane?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Toasts crumpets.
(d) Makes tea.
2. What is located next to the house?
(a) A rubbish dump.
(b) A cathedral.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A garden.
3. Which character says, "That kind of thing happens often, I believe. For myself, I usually lock the door"?
4. Who is Kath's father?
5. What does Kath go to do in Act One, leaving Sloane and Kemp alone?
(a) Cook dinner.
(b) Answer the door.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Make tea.
6. What does Kath tell Sloane she has on beneath her dress?
(a) His underwear.
(b) A bra.
(d) Lace underwear.
7. Who says they pay for Sloane's rent?
8. Which character says, "You must treat me gently when I'm in one of my moods"?
9. Who does Kemp mistake Sloane for when he first meets him?
(b) The postman.
10. How old is Kath?
11. What pride does Kemp remark about his son?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is good at sports.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is an excellent student.
12. In Act One, what does Kath say she buys the Dadda but he cannot stand?
(a) Eye glasses.
(b) Feather pillows.
(c) A walking cane.
(d) Foam rubber pillows.
13. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The restroom.
(c) The lounge.
(d) The kitchen.
14. What habit does Ed have?
(b) Tapping his fingers.
(d) Speaking in the third person.
15. What does Sloane say about his parents?
(a) All of the answers are true.
(b) He suspects they vea suicide pact.
(c) They die when he is eight.
(d) He believes they are extremely wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kemp say happens to his former boss?
2. Who does Sloane say he's likely gotten Kemp confused with?
3. Whom does Kath say that Sloane is almost the same age as?
4. What does Kath pretend to do in the lounge in Act One?
5. Which character says, "Drinking I don't mind. Drugs I abhor. You'll get to know all my habits"?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)