|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes tapping at the window in Act One?
(b) The shopkeeper.
2. What topic does Ed seem rather interested in during his first conversation with Sloane?
3. What is knocked to the floor at the end of Act One?
(a) The knitting.
(b) The photographs.
(c) The nightgown.
(d) The lamp.
4. Who is sent to get Sloane's suitcase?
(d) The bellhop.
5. Whom does Kemp say can be a help with the situation with the neighborhood?
(a) His father.
(b) His boss.
(c) His landlord.
(d) His brother.
6. What does Sloane say about his parents?
(a) All of the answers are true.
(b) He believes they are extremely wealthy.
(c) They die when he is eight.
(d) He suspects they vea suicide pact.
7. How does Kemp attack Sloane in Act One?
(a) He stabs him with a fork.
(b) He burns him with hot tea.
(c) He kicks him.
(d) He cuts him with a knife.
8. Which character says, "You've seen the milkman before. That's no cause to throw the shears at him"?
9. What does Ed ask Sloane about first?
(a) The library.
(b) The orphanage.
(d) The hostel.
10. What pride does Kemp remark about his son?
(a) He is an excellent student.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is good at sports.
(d) He is handsome.
11. Which character says, "Drinking I don't mind. Drugs I abhor. You'll get to know all my habits"?
12. What does Sloane find between the sofa cushions?
(a) A locket.
(b) A knife.
(c) A nylon stocking.
(d) A gun.
13. Which character says, "I had a boy... killed in very sad circumstances"?
14. How long is Kath actually married?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) She isn't.
15. What does Ed make mention of, which incidentally is also what Orton's lover overdoses on?
(b) Sleeping pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature does Kath remark upon while bandaging him?
2. Which character says, "I'm broadminded"?
3. What does Kath ask Sloane to do before bandaging him?
4. How many children does Kemp have?
5. What does Kemp say he witnesses his son engaged in when he is 17?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)