|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kath say she can't ask Dadda to do any work involving ladders?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He has trouble with his eyes.
(c) He is afraid of heights.
(d) He is deaf.
2. Who comes tapping at the window in Act One?
(c) The shopkeeper.
3. Whom does Kath say that Sloane is almost the same age as?
(a) Her son who dies.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her sister.
4. How old is Sloane?
5. Where does Sloane say Kemp should be?
(a) Colney Hatch.
(b) Colony River.
(c) Westwood Insanatorium.
(d) Eaton Retirement Home.
6. Who is Kath's father?
7. Who does Kemp mistake Sloane for when he first meets him?
(b) The postman.
8. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The restroom.
(d) The lounge.
9. Which character says, "You must treat me gently when I'm in one of my moods"?
10. Where does Sloane say he is raised?
(b) An orphanage.
(d) A castle.
11. What does Kath ask Sloane to do before bandaging him?
(a) Lie down on the floor.
(b) Take his shirt off.
(c) Bend over.
(d) Take his trousers off.
12. What compliment does Kath remark on with Sloane in Act One?
(a) He has beautiful eyes.
(b) He has a manly body.
(c) He has nice thick hair.
(d) He has delicate skin.
13. Which character says, "That kind of thing happens often, I believe. For myself, I usually lock the door"?
14. Who does Sloane say he's likely gotten Kemp confused with?
15. What does Sloane say about his parents?
(a) He suspects they vea suicide pact.
(b) He believes they are extremely wealthy.
(c) They die when he is eight.
(d) All of the answers are true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located next to the house?
2. In Act One, what does Kath say she buys the Dadda but he cannot stand?
3. What topic does Ed seem rather interested in during his first conversation with Sloane?
4. What does Kemp say he witnesses his son engaged in when he is 17?
5. What does Kath tell Sloane she has on beneath her dress?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)