|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Ed seem rather interested in during his first conversation with Sloane?
2. What does Kath send Kemp to get from upstairs in Act One?
3. What does Kath change into for the end of Act One?
(b) A dress.
(c) A see-through negligee.
(d) A dowdy nightgown.
4. What is located next to the house?
(a) A rubbish dump.
(b) A cathedral.
(c) A garden.
(d) A cemetery.
5. Who says they pay for Sloane's rent?
6. Where does Sloane invite Kath to go with him in Act One?
(a) To visit his parents' grave.
(b) To go to the seashore.
(c) To go to London.
(d) To go to the corner pub.
7. What is the setting at the opening of the play?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The lounge.
(c) The restroom.
(d) The bedroom.
8. What habit does Ed have?
(c) Tapping his fingers.
(d) Speaking in the third person.
9. What does Kath go to do in Act One, leaving Sloane and Kemp alone?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Make tea.
(d) Answer the door.
10. What does Kath tell Sloane she has on beneath her dress?
(a) A bra.
(b) Lace underwear.
(d) His underwear.
11. Why does Kath say she can't ask Dadda to do any work involving ladders?
(a) He has trouble with his eyes.
(b) He is in a wheelchair.
(c) He is afraid of heights.
(d) He is deaf.
12. Which character says, "That kind of thing happens often, I believe. For myself, I usually lock the door"?
13. How does Kemp attack Sloane in Act One?
(a) He burns him with hot tea.
(b) He kicks him.
(c) He stabs him with a fork.
(d) He cuts him with a knife.
14. Who does Kemp mistake Sloane for when he first meets him?
(c) The postman.
15. Who comes tapping at the window in Act One?
(a) The shopkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "I had a boy... killed in very sad circumstances"?
2. What feature does Kath remark upon while bandaging him?
3. Who is Kath's father?
4. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
5. How old is Sloane?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)