|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kemp's reply when Kath says Sloane stays with them?
(a) "It's inappropriate for a young man to stay here."
(b) "He can take my room."
(c) "He can't. We've no room."
(d) "How much is he paying?"
2. Which character says, "I'm broadminded"?
3. Where does Sloane ask if he meets Kemp before?
(a) A school.
(b) The pub at the end of the road.
(c) A photography studio.
(d) City hall.
4. How many cars does Ed own?
5. How old is Kath?
6. What does Kath bring to stop the settee from being stained?
(a) A cotton cloth.
(b) A piece of silk.
(c) A sponge.
(d) A pair of stockings.
7. Which character says, "I had a boy... killed in very sad circumstances"?
8. What does Kath tell Sloane she has on beneath her dress?
(a) His underwear.
(b) Lace underwear.
(d) A bra.
9. Where does Sloane invite Kath to go with him in Act One?
(a) To visit his parents' grave.
(b) To go to London.
(c) To go to the seashore.
(d) To go to the corner pub.
10. How long is Kath actually married?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) She isn't.
(d) One year.
11. How many children does Kemp have?
12. What does Kath go to do in Act One, leaving Sloane and Kemp alone?
(a) Cook dinner.
(b) Make tea.
(c) Answer the door.
(d) Take a bath.
13. Who is sent to get Sloane's suitcase?
(b) The bellhop.
14. What is knocked to the floor at the end of Act One?
(a) The lamp.
(b) The photographs.
(c) The knitting.
(d) The nightgown.
15. What does Kath bring out to show Sloane at the end of Act One?
(b) Her locket.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "You've seen the milkman before. That's no cause to throw the shears at him"?
2. How long is Kemp not on speaking terms with his son?
3. What habit does Ed have?
4. Which character says, "Drinking I don't mind. Drugs I abhor. You'll get to know all my habits"?
5. What does Kath pretend to do in the lounge in Act One?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)