• In a nondescript location in England, Kath, a 40s-ish woman, is showing a parlor room in her house to Mr Sloane, a prospective boarder.
• Kath flirts with Sloan, who is half her age (20), through subtext and sexual innuendo, stating, "I'd be happy to have you."
• Sloane agrees to take the room.
• Kath reveals that she has a son who dies and that she is a widow.
• A few moments later, Kath confesses that her son is illegitimate and that she is never married.
• Kath becomes more and more flirtatious, finally wrapping Sloane's arms around her and giving him what she calls a "motherly kiss".
• Sloane reveals he is raised in an orphanage following the death of his parents when he is eight.
• Sloane declares his filial devotion to his parents' memory, telling Kath that he makes an annual trip to their tombs and suggests that Kath accompany...
This section contains 4,819 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)