|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Enna feel when she burns on her first mission with Sileph?
2. What does Fahil want Enna to try at the sacred place in Yasid?
3. What does Enna disguise herself as when she goes to Eylbold on her own?
4. Whose army is marching on the Bayern capital?
5. What makes Enna feel like herself again after Sileph's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to make Enna so upset just as she is leaving to Eylbold on her own?
2. What happens to Enna at the battle of Eylbold?
3. Why does Isi want to go to Yasid?
4. How do the fire worshipers protect themselves when learning to speak to the fire?
5. Why does Enna try to learn Wind speaking from Isi?
6. How do Enna and Isi feel after their time in the sacred place?
7. Why does Sileph say Razo and Finn were sent to Eylbold?
8. How does Sileph die, and what does this mean?
9. What does Enna realize when she reaches out to Leifer while learning wind speaking?
10. Why is Finn so relieved when everyone leaves the sacred place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are Isi and Enna healed, and how did they discover this cure for their maladies?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Enna get her power, and what kind of symbolism lies in this?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)