|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Enna break her first promise to herself?
2. Who goes with Enna to Folcmar?
3. What is Talone's title?
4. What does Leifer refuse to do for Enna?
5. Where does Isi talk to Enna in private?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Finn not talk to Enna about Leifer when they are on the long ride to the city?
2. Who does Enna want to talk to about Leifer and why?
3. Who does Leifer complain about at the beginning of the book, and why?
4. What does Razo do while in enemy camps with Enna?
5. Why does Isi think Enna might be sick?
6. Why does Geric choose to go to battle when he does?
7. What is an augury?
8. What causes Enna to break her first promise to herself?
9. What does Leifer promise Enna just before the first battle?
10. What message is sent through the augury?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Enna get her power, and what kind of symbolism lies in this?
Essay Topic 2
Valor and honor was a theme of this plot that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where did this theme of valor and honor present itself? How did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What causes Enna's illness, and how does this alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)