|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leifer break when complaining about someone at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Isi say with Enna offers to learn to speak fire to help Leifer?
3. Where does the woman in the prologue have a scorch mark?
4. Why does Enna refuse to leave the camp when Isi does?
5. Who does Leifer complain about at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sileph accuse Geric of during the war counsel?
2. What causes Enna to break her first promise to herself?
3. How does Leifer die?
4. What does Enna ask Leifer to do when he comes back after burning her and what is his response?
5. What does Razo do while in enemy camps with Enna?
6. What are the promises Enna makes to herself after the augury?
7. Why does Leifer think the Forest Born were given citizenship?
8. Why is Isi so glad to see Enna back at the camp after Leifer's death?
9. Why does Isi think Enna might be sick?
10. What message is sent through the augury?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Enna get her power, and what kind of symbolism lies in this?
Essay Topic 2
There are some lies told in this book for good reasons. What are some of the examples of dishonesty used for good purposes, and what happens as a result of them?
Essay Topic 3
How does Leifer die, and what led to this death?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)