|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is Merry?
2. Why does Enna refuse to leave the camp when Isi does?
3. Where does Isi talk to Enna in private?
4. What is the woman in the prologue leaking?
5. Why does Enna refuse to learn how Leifer uses fire while in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Enna feel when she is burning in Eylbold?
2. How is Enna able to use the fire power?
3. Why does Geric choose to go to battle when he does?
4. Why does Finn not talk to Enna about Leifer when they are on the long ride to the city?
5. How does Enna protect Isi during the first battle?
6. What does Enna ask Leifer to do when he comes back after burning her and what is his response?
7. What does Leifer promise Enna just before the first battle?
8. When does Enna burn first after Leifer's burial?
9. What kind of man does Enna tell Doda she wants?
10. What strange events happen during the augury?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this plot were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Valor and honor was a theme of this plot that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where did this theme of valor and honor present itself? How did these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)