|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has a meeting of the Forest javelin bearers been called?
(a) Isi has a new title.
(b) Tira has struck on Bayern.
(c) He wants to given them orders.
(d) Leifer needs to be confronted.
2. What does the woman in the prologue love more than herself?
(c) Her family.
3. What is wrong with the wood near Leifer's corpse pile?
(a) It is moldy.
(b) It is green.
(c) It is wet.
(d) It is dry.
4. Why does Enna tell Razo she went to Eylbold?
(a) She was looking for Isi.
(b) She was burning.
(c) She got lost.
(d) She was on a mission.
5. What does Leifer break when complaining about someone at the beginning of the book?
(a) A bowl.
(b) A chair.
(c) A stick.
(d) A cup.
6. What element can Isi speak?
7. Where does Enna go for a time after Leifer's death?
(a) The castle.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A small village.
(d) Her home.
8. Where is the meeting of the Forest javelin bearers held?
(a) The Fir Grove.
(b) Enna's house.
(c) Doda's house.
(d) The Spruce Grove.
9. Who holds a meeting of the Forest javelin bearers?
10. Why is Enna the mistress of her home now?
(a) Her brother is away.
(b) She earned the right.
(c) She is of age.
(d) Her mother died.
11. What does Leifer refuse to do for Enna?
(a) Tell her where he found his power.
(b) Teach her to speak to fire.
(c) Go to the city with her.
(d) Apologize for Isi.
12. Why does Leifer volunteer for the army?
(a) He wants to keep his promise to Enna.
(b) He wants to impress Doda.
(c) He wants to burn Tira.
(d) He wants to get away from Bayern.
13. What makes Enna want to burn after Leifer's death?
(a) Isi's discomfort.
(b) The weather.
(c) Finn's battle scars.
(d) A prisoner's comments.
14. Why does Enna break her first promise to herself?
(a) To keep from lying.
(b) To teach her craft.
(c) To relieve the tension.
(d) To have someone hold her back.
15. Who is the third person recruited for Enna's secret missions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enna say is her last gift to Leifer?
2. What does Enna light on fire in Eylbold?
3. Why does Enna read the vellum?
4. Who does Enna play a prank on in the market?
5. Who takes Leifer's body to the corpse pile?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)