|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leifer complain about at the beginning of the book?
(a) City folk.
(b) His sister.
(c) The king.
(d) The neighbors.
2. What does Enna say is her last gift to Leifer?
(a) She will not use the fire again.
(b) She will find his killer.
(c) She will win the war.
(d) She will stay safe.
3. What does the woman in the prologue throw herself into for relief?
(a) The wagon.
(b) The river.
(c) The mud.
(d) The trees.
4. Where does Enna go for a time after Leifer's death?
(a) The castle.
(b) A small village.
(c) Her home.
(d) The hospital.
5. Who helps the fire efforts work the best during the first battle?
6. Who takes Leifer's body to the corpse pile?
7. Why does Enna refuse to learn how Leifer uses fire while in the army?
(a) She is too busy.
(b) It is too dangerous.
(c) Isi asked her not to.
(d) She is mad at Leifer.
8. What does Leifer break when complaining about someone at the beginning of the book?
(a) A stick.
(b) A chair.
(c) A bowl.
(d) A cup.
9. What is wrong with the wood near Leifer's corpse pile?
(a) It is green.
(b) It is wet.
(c) It is dry.
(d) It is moldy.
10. What does Leifer promise Enna?
(a) To always fight for right.
(b) To apologize to Isi.
(c) To control his power.
(d) To never burn her again.
11. What does Isi say with Enna offers to learn to speak fire to help Leifer?
(a) It is too dangerous.
(b) She cannot control her emotions well enough.
(c) There are bad consequences to element speaking.
(d) She should respect Leifer's wishes.
12. Who asks Enna to go to battle?
13. Why does Enna feel responsible for Leifer's death?
(a) She didn't stop him.
(b) She helped him.
(c) She didn't protect him during the battle.
(d) She gave him the vellum.
14. What does Sileph accuse Geric of doing?
(a) Sending a fire witch.
(b) Leading his men to failure.
(c) Abandoning the war.
(d) Breaching contracts.
15. What does Enna admit when she leaves the second city she goes to with companions?
(a) She is glad to have help.
(b) She feels sick.
(c) She has missed Finn.
(d) She is out of control.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were involved in the augury fight?
2. What does Leifer day to Enna about Isi?
3. Which way does the new army march?
4. How does Enna help during the augury?
5. What does Enna borrow from Doda?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)