|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ender spend time with when he isn’t training at Command School?
2. What kind of personal classes does Ender take in Chapter 8?
3. What is unique about Ender’s Platoon leaders?
4. Where does Ender realize in Chapter 10 that things have changed between him and Alai?
5. What comforts Ender in his worst times?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Valentine write to Ender in Chapter 9, and why?
2. How does Ender feel when he gets a letter from Valentine?
3. Why is Ender placed in unfair battles in Chapter 11?
4. How does Dink rebel against the adults, and why?
5. How and where does the fight with Bonzo in Chapter 12 take place?
6. What causes Bonzo to really hate Ender?
7. What does Ender’s relationship with Bean remind Ender of?
8. What causes Ender to single out Bean?
9. What does Ender do when Rose commands him to stop training his Launchies?
10. How does Valentine get Ender to agree to go to Command School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patience was a theme exhibited by a few of the main characters in this book. Who are those characters, and what are some of the best examples of the patience they showed? How did this affect their place in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
There are many different creatures described in this book. What are some of these creatures, and how do they differ from one another?
Essay Topic 3
Technology is a very integral theme in the book. Where does this theme come into play, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)