|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ender call his Platoon leaders?
2. What worries Ender so much about Bonzo?
3. Who is Locke?
4. Why does Ender hate fighting?
5. In Chapter 10, what makes Ender want to defeat the teachers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ender feel when he gets a letter from Valentine?
2. How does Ender prove his worth to Rose?
3. How does Ender feel after the fight with Bonzo?
4. What causes Graff to be taken out of control of Battle School?
5. What does Ender’s relationship with Bean remind Ender of?
6. How and where does the fight with Bonzo in Chapter 12 take place?
7. What does Ender do to protect himself against Bonzo?
8. How do Locke and Demosthenes begin?
9. What is the first unfair battle Ender is placed in?
10. How does Valentine get Ender to agree to go to Command School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
a. How does the theme of war present itself in this book?
b. What are some of the different ideas of war in this book?
Essay Topic 2
There are many different creatures described in this book. What are some of these creatures, and how do they differ from one another?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)