|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who worries about the acceleration in Ender’s training?
2. What does Anderson apologize to Graff for in Chapter 10?
3. What does Ender call his Platoon leaders?
4. In Chapter 14, how long of a break did Ender have before Command school?
5. What does Ender see in the mirror in the mind game in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ender feel after the fight with Bonzo?
2. What does Ender see in the mirror in the mind game, and how does this affect him?
3. What happens in Dragon Army’s first battles?
4. How does Dink rebel against the adults, and why?
5. Who is Ender’s teacher, and why is this important?
6. What is the first unfair battle Ender is placed in?
7. How can the Buggers be defeated by taking out one ship?
8. How do Locke and Demosthenes begin?
9. Why does Ender hate fighting so much?
10. What does Ender learn on his way to Command School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ender is seen as the only hope for mankind even though he is only a small child. Why is he viewed in this way, and what does he do in response to these expectations?
Essay Topic 2
There are many different creatures described in this book. What are some of these creatures, and how do they differ from one another?
Essay Topic 3
Technology is a very integral theme in the book. Where does this theme come into play, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)