|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage do humans have over the Buggers?
2. Why does Ender pick on Bean?
3. Why is Ender so angry when he reads the letter from Valentine in Chapter 9?
4. Which Army is Ender’s first battle against?
5. What is so disconcerting to Ender about what he sees in the mirror in the mind game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ender feel when he gets a letter from Valentine?
2. What does Ender do to protect himself against Bonzo?
3. What does Ender’s relationship with Bean remind Ender of?
4. Who is Ender’s teacher, and why is this important?
5. How were the lines between games and reality blurred?
6. What is Dragon Army like when Ender is placed as the Commander?
7. What does Ender see in the mirror in the mind game, and how does this affect him?
8. How does Ender feel after the fight with Bonzo?
9. What causes Bonzo to really hate Ender?
10. Why are the humans fighting the Buggers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
a. What does this book change about the normalcy in childhood?
b. How does Ender’s unique childhood affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There are many different creatures described in this book. What are some of these creatures, and how do they differ from one another?
Essay Topic 3
Ender is seen as the only hope for mankind even though he is only a small child. Why is he viewed in this way, and what does he do in response to these expectations?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)