|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Graff say was not part of a recent suicide?
2. What is unique about Ender?
3. Why doesn’t Peter like Ender?
4. Who is in charge of the launch group after the first time in the no gravity room?
5. What does Bernard hit Ender with in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ender do to Stilson, and why?
2. How does Ender shock everyone in the game room?
3. What makes Ender laugh when he first gets to space?
4. How does Valentine get Peter to leave Ender alone?
5. How does Ender deal with the stress and frustration in his first days at Battle School?
6. Why does Ender say he hurt Stilson so much?
7. What is the Giant’s Drink?
8. What is Ender’s relationship with his parents like, and why?
9. How does each chapter in this book begin?
10. How does Ender deal with the bullying from Bernard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ender is seen as the only hope for mankind even though he is only a small child. Why is he viewed in this way, and what does he do in response to these expectations?
Essay Topic 2
a. What does this book change about the normalcy in childhood?
b. How does Ender’s unique childhood affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)