|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anderson’s profession?
2. What is the group of boys in the same launch called?
3. How many children are in Ender’s launch group?
4. What allows Ender to be friends with some of his launch group in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Graff say Ender can’t be free?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ender say he hurt Stilson so much?
2. How does Ender become the highest rank soldier in Salamander Army?
3. What are Peter’s ambitions in life?
4. What is Ender’s relationship with his parents like, and why?
5. What brings Ender and Alai together in Chapter 6?
6. How does Ender get past the Giant’s Drink?
7. How does Ender shock everyone in the game room?
8. How does Ender deal with the bullying from Bernard?
9. What does Peter do that shocks Ender?
10. How does each chapter in this book begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ender is a third, which sets him apart from the others. What does this mean, and why is this so important in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The importance and influence of family relations is a very strong theme present in this book. What are some of the instances of this theme, and which characters were most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Ender goes from hating to liking Graff. What causes this change in his opinion, and what is Graff’s response to this change?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)