|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mind game called?
2. Who is Ender compared to after his confrontation with Stilson?
3. What are Buggers?
4. Who do the I.F. men want to talk to at Ender’s house in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 7, where does Ender learn to fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ender deal with the bullying from Bernard?
2. What is Ender’s relationship with his parents like, and why?
3. Why doesn’t Graff force Ender to go to Battle School?
4. How does Ender shock everyone in the game room?
5. How does Ender deal with the stress and frustration in his first days at Battle School?
6. Why does Ender say he hurt Stilson so much?
7. How does each chapter in this book begin?
8. How does Alai bid farewell to Ender?
9. What bothers General Levy about Battle School?
10. What does Dap refuse to do which infuriates Bernard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The lines between reality and games are blurred in this book. How is this accomplished and what message does this send?
Essay Topic 2
Technology is a very integral theme in the book. Where does this theme come into play, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Ender is a third, which sets him apart from the others. What does this mean, and why is this so important in the book?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)