|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Graff say is Ender’s undesirable trait?
2. What does the voice speaking with Graff force him to do with Ender when there is trouble with the Giant’s Drink?
3. How does Ender handle Bernard’s bullying in Chapter 5?
4. How does Ender respond to Stilson’s bullying?
5. What is unique about Ender?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Peter’s ambitions in life?
2. What is the Giant’s Drink?
3. What makes Ender laugh when he first gets to space?
4. What upsets Ender so much when he gets past the Giant’s Drink?
5. How does Ender become the highest rank soldier in Salamander Army?
6. What is a third and why is it so significant?
7. How do Petra and Ender become friends?
8. How does Ender deal with the bullying from Bernard?
9. Why does Ender think he will never be friends with Peter?
10. How does Alai bid farewell to Ender?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ender has a lot of emotional turmoil because of the mind game. What happens in the mind game to cause this, and why is it so important in the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Orson Scott Card have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Technology is a very integral theme in the book. Where does this theme come into play, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)