|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ender feel at school at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Ender say he learned from living with Peter?
(a) How to hide his emotions.
(b) How to distract himself.
(c) How to hide anger.
(d) How to fight.
3. What does Graff want to do with Ender when he gets to Battle School?
(a) Control him.
(b) Isolate him.
(c) Test him.
(d) Break him.
4. What does Ender do in the game room in Chapter 5 that shocks everyone?
(a) Makes up a new game.
(b) Passes out.
(c) Beats a game on his first try.
(d) Beats an older boy at a game.
5. Who is Ender afraid of becoming like?
(b) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where does Ender learn to fight?
2. Who is the first to move around the zero gravity room with Ender?
3. How doe Ender feel about the games in the game room when he first sees them in Chapter 5?
4. What does each chapter start with?
5. Why was Peter taken out of battle school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter hate Ender?
2. Why doesn’t Graff force Ender to go to Battle School?
3. What upsets Ender so much when he gets past the Giant’s Drink?
4. What is a third and why is it so significant?
5. How do Petra and Ender become friends?
6. What makes Ender decide to go to Battle School?
7. How does each chapter in this book begin?
8. What does Dap refuse to do which infuriates Bernard?
9. What bothers General Levy about Battle School?
10. What does Ender do to Stilson, and why?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)