|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ender hate fighting?
(a) It makes him like Peter.
(b) He comes to love the enemy.
(c) It hurts him.
(d) He loses control.
2. What does Ender use Bean for in the battles in Chapter 11?
(a) His leadership.
(b) His strategies.
(c) His physical strength.
(d) His accuracy.
3. What advantage do humans have over the Buggers?
(a) Humans have their own mind.
(b) Humans have bigger weapons.
(c) Humans outnumber Buggers.
(d) Humans are smaller.
4. Who is the new leader of the Battle School after Ender leaves?
5. What worries Ender so much about Bonzo?
(a) He has good reason for his anger.
(b) He truly wants to hurt Ender.
(c) He is a lot like Peter.
(d) He is a wild card.
6. Who is Ender’s toon leader in Rose’s army?
7. What army does Carn Carby lead?
8. How is Ender tricked into winning a war in Chapter 14?
(a) He is in the mind game.
(b) He thinks he is in the simulator.
(c) He has all his friends with him.
(d) His strategies are given to the commanders.
9. How does Ender defeat the Buggers in Chapter 14?
(a) He jams their communication.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He destroys the Queen's ship.
(d) He blows up their planet.
10. Who worries about the acceleration in Ender’s training?
11. How does Mazer introduce himself to Ender?
(a) He enters the simulator.
(b) He eats with Ender.
(c) He attacks Ender.
(d) He embraces Ender.
12. What does Ender prefer training with in Command School?
(a) The training room.
(b) The game room.
(c) Personal lessons.
(d) The simulator.
13. What nation is preparing for a land war?
14. Which ship is the most important to attack when fighting the Buggers?
(a) The nearest ship.
(b) The Queen ship.
(c) The ship close to the homeland.
(d) The outlier.
15. What is Ender forbidden to do as a commander?
(a) Use the training room.
(b) Talk to other commanders.
(c) Pass up battles.
(d) Exchange members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so disconcerting to Ender about what he sees in the mirror in the mind game?
2. What does Valentine see inside of Peter?
3. In Chapter 10, what makes Ender want to defeat the teachers?
4. How does Peter get Valentine to help him in Chapter 9?
5. Who does Ender come to understand when he works with Bean in Chapter 10?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)