|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows Ender to be friends with some of his launch group in Chapter 5?
(a) Offering protection.
(b) Holding a study session.
(c) Winning a game.
(d) Breaking Bernard’s leadership.
2. How does Ender block out the pain of his isolation?
(a) He counts in his head.
(b) He thinks of Valentine.
(c) He trains harder.
(d) He visits the no gravity room.
3. What does Ender notice about the other children in his Launch group?
(a) They are laughing and talking.
(b) They are scared.
(c) They are older than him.
(d) They are smaller than him.
4. What does Graff want to do with Ender when he gets to Battle School?
(a) Isolate him.
(b) Control him.
(c) Test him.
(d) Break him.
5. What is Ender’s last name?
6. Why does Graff say Ender can’t be free?
(a) His race needs him.
(b) He misses his sister.
(c) He has a troubled mind.
(d) He is too smart.
7. What does Ender do in the game room in Chapter 5 that shocks everyone?
(a) Makes up a new game.
(b) Beats an older boy at a game.
(c) Beats a game on his first try.
(d) Passes out.
8. What does Alai want Ender to fix on his computer in Chapter 7?
(a) The security.
(b) The graphics.
(c) The analog system.
(d) The programming.
9. How does Alai bid farewell to Ender in Chapter 7?
(a) He embraces him.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He whispers “Salaam” to him.
(d) He kisses him on the cheek.
10. Who watches out for the children when they first get to Battle School?
11. In Chapter 4, how is Bernard injured when Ender stops the bullying?
(a) His shoulder is dislocated.
(b) His ankle is sprained.
(c) His nose is broken.
(d) His arm is broken.
12. How old is Ender at the beginning of the book?
13. Who settles the dispute between Ender and Bernard in Chapter 5?
14. Why doesn’t Peter like Ender?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Ender has freedom.
(c) Ender is more loved by their parents.
(d) Ender is smarter.
15. Where is the Giant’s Drink found?
(a) The games.
(b) The Bugger terrain.
(c) The training ground.
(d) Ender's memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Ender?
2. What causes Ender to cry at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Graff want Ender to be isolated?
4. What does Ender say he learned from living with Peter?
5. How does Ender respond to Stilson’s bullying?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)