|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does Ender say he hurt Stilson?
(a) He was afraid.
(b) He wanted to test himself.
(c) He lost control.
(d) He had to send a message.
2. What does Peter want to be when he grows up?
(a) A politician.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A warrior.
3. Who is Ender afraid of becoming like?
(a) His father.
4. What is Ender the first to do in the mind game?
(a) Repeat the entire circuit.
(b) Override the system.
(c) Pass the Giant’s Drink.
(d) Bring others into the game.
5. Why does Graff say the kids at Battle School don’t act like normal kids?
(a) They are highly intelligent.
(b) They are training to be soldiers.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) They have to save the world.
6. How many children are in Ender’s launch group?
7. Who settles the dispute between Ender and Bernard in Chapter 5?
8. What allows Ender to be friends with some of his launch group in Chapter 5?
(a) Breaking Bernard’s leadership.
(b) Winning a game.
(c) Offering protection.
(d) Holding a study session.
9. What is Anderson’s profession?
10. How does Ender block out the pain of his isolation?
(a) He trains harder.
(b) He visits the no gravity room.
(c) He thinks of Valentine.
(d) He counts in his head.
11. What is unique about Ender?
(a) He has two siblings.
(b) He has royal blood.
(c) He has a chip in his head.
(d) All answers are correct.
12. Where does Ender get to go when he finally passes the Giant’s Drink?
(a) His bed.
(b) Victory Town.
(d) The castle.
13. What is the label on the door in the mind game in Chapter 7?
(a) The Big Choice.
(c) The End of the World.
14. What difficulty is Valentine causing in Chapter 3?
(a) She is failing out of school.
(b) She has strange political ideas.
(c) Peter wants to hurt her.
(d) Ender won’t want to leave her.
15. What does Valentine talk Peter out of in Chapter 2?
(a) Going back to school.
(b) Reporting Ender.
(c) Moving out.
(d) Killing Ender.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where does Ender learn to fight?
2. Why doesn’t Peter like Ender?
3. What does Graff say is Ender’s undesirable trait?
4. What does Ender imagine being behind the door in the mind game?
5. What does Alai want Ender to fix on his computer in Chapter 7?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)