|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim find in D Block while scavenging the camp?
2. Which of these people does Jim decide he will not raise from the dead?
3. How many canisters do Price and the other manage to retrieve from the drop that occurs in Part 3, Chapter 35?
4. What is in the vehicle that arrives on Jim's third day back?
5. What type of airplane drops the parachutes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Jim makes observations about the people of different nationalities; at one point, he compares the British people's apparent disdain for children to the Chinese people's enjoyment of them. Using at least three specific examples, discuss the veracity of Jim's comments.
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, discuss Jim's belief that there will be, and in fact is, a "next war." What is it, and where?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Jim's reaction to violence changes over the course of the novel, both violence that he witnesses and experiences.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)