|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim head to during Part 3, Chapter 40?
2. Who is killed in Part 3, Chapter 38?
3. What country's bombers do Jim and Basie watch drop silver canisters at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 40?
4. In what country's uniforms are the soldiers who fire on the Communist village dressed?
5. Which of these statements is not true of Mr. Tulloch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ballard use light to convey Jim's state of mind? What kinds of light does he see and at what points in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Using at least three examples, discuss how Ballard uses planes throughout the story. Do different country's planes mean different things? Does their meaning change?
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, discuss the reasons Jim returns repeatedly to Lunghua.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)