|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basie trade at the market for fish and rice?
(a) Japanese coins.
(d) Jim's watch.
2. How does the truck Jim is in cross Soochow Creek?
(a) It is driven through a shallow part of the creek.
(b) Over the new bridge.
(c) It is pushed by Japanese soldiers.
(d) On a ferry.
3. What does Private Kimura hold up in the creek to show his fellow soldier?
(a) A fish.
(b) A child's toy.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A piece of a plane.
4. Where does Jim go after finding Japanese soldiers at his home?
(a) His father's office.
(b) To stay with Mr. Guerevitch.
(c) The Palace Hotel.
(d) The Maxteds' apartment.
5. What is the name of the British ship anchored near the hotel?
(a) The Emilio Carlotta.
(b) The Petrel.
(c) The Wake.
(d) The Idzumo.
6. What is the meaning of the shrill whistle Jim hears at the detention center?
(a) It's an air raid siren.
(b) The sergeant is calling a roll call.
(c) Someone is trying to escape.
(d) It is time for their meal.
7. What does Basie take from Jim?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His watch.
(d) His blazer.
8. Which of these is not one of the most common ailments at the camp hospital?
(c) Heart infections.
9. What is in the middle of the overgrown field?
(b) A piece of a plane.
(c) A burial mound.
(d) A toolshed.
10. Whom does Jim tell Frank and Basie that he once met?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Wang Ching Wei.
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
(d) Madame Sun Yat-sen.
11. What type of game did Dr. Ransome organize the previous winter?
(a) American football.
12. Over what does Jim have a confrontation with Mr. Vincent at the end of Part 2, Chapter 27?
(a) Missing shoes.
(b) The size of his cubicle.
(c) The pictures on his wall.
(d) The turtle.
13. How long has Jim been at Lunghua Camp when Part Two begins?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
14. What magazine does Basie lend to Jim?
(b) "Popular Mechanics."
(c) "Reader's Digest."
15. What is being built at Lunghua Camp?
(a) An underground bunker.
(b) A hospital.
(c) An airplane hangar.
(d) A runway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Jim in the trench near the blockhouse?
2. How long was Jim in prison?
3. What does Jim see when he is very hungry?
4. What does Jim tell Basie his father is really good at?
5. Who does Jim tell the Vincents is the best teacher?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)