|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Private Kimura hold up in the creek to show his fellow soldier?
(a) A fish.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A piece of a plane.
(d) A child's toy.
2. From what country does Basie tell Jim some of the pilots were?
(a) The Philippines.
3. What is in the middle of the overgrown field?
(a) A burial mound.
(b) A toolshed.
(d) A piece of a plane.
4. Whom does Jim tell Frank and Basie that he once met?
(a) Madame Sun Yat-sen.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
(d) Wang Ching Wei.
5. What are the "streets" in Lunghua Camp named for?
(a) Famous authors.
(b) Shanghai streets.
(d) London landmarks.
6. Where does Jim go after finding Japanese soldiers at his home?
(a) The Palace Hotel.
(b) To stay with Mr. Guerevitch.
(c) The Maxteds' apartment.
(d) His father's office.
7. What does Jim find to eat in the dentist's house?
(b) Condensed milk.
(d) Peanut butter.
8. Which of these is not one of the most common ailments at the camp hospital?
(d) Heart infections.
9. What does Jim watch from the roof of the truck?
(a) A Japanese freighter.
(b) A squadron of American planes.
(c) Two birds in a tree.
(d) The Chinese laborers work.
10. Which of these is not a medicine Jim tells Basie is in Dr. Ransome's cabinet?
11. Who is Mr. Guerevitch?
(a) One of his friend's fathers.
(b) A man who works for his father.
(c) The caretaker for the Shell Company compound.
(d) The doorman at the Maxteds' apartment building.
12. What person from his past has Jim met at the camp?
(b) Mr. Guerevitch.
(c) Dr. Longwood.
(d) Mr. Maxted.
13. What does Basie have a collection of in the shipyard?
(a) Diamond rings.
(d) Gold teeth.
14. What do Jim and the other prisoners have to eat at the prison camp?
(d) Sweet potatoes.
15. Who prevents Jim and his fellow prisoners from entering the second camp they visit?
(a) The Japanese military guards.
(b) Their driver.
(c) The Chinese army.
(d) Other British prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim's family's car run over on its way to the party?
2. What book does Jim read in one of the strange houses?
3. What type of game did Dr. Ransome organize the previous winter?
4. Who is being held at the internment camp at St. Francis Xavier seminary?
5. Why is Jim initially rejected from going to the prison camp?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)