|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 12 | Part 1, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basie trade at the market for fish and rice?
(b) Japanese coins.
(c) Jim's watch.
2. What film is playing at the Cathay Theater?
(a) "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."
(b) "The Wizard of Oz."
(c) "Gone With the Wind."
(d) "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."
3. How long was Jim in prison?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) One night.
4. What is in the middle of the overgrown field?
(a) A burial mound.
(b) A toolshed.
(d) A piece of a plane.
5. What does Frank have in the dinghy with him?
(a) Freshly caught fish.
(b) Brass portholes.
(c) A rifle.
(d) Cans of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exam is Jim supposed to take the day the fighting starts?
2. Where is Jim during Chapter 5?
3. What surprises Jim in the trench near the blockhouse?
4. Who takes Jim's bicycle from him?
5. Where does Jim go after finding Japanese soldiers at his home?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)