|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bea, "Walt Comeau had all too many suggestions for a man who drank seltzer and ____________________."
2. What type of flower does Tick paint in its current, not prime, condition?
3. What is John Voss considered to be?
4. Who does Janine go to see for some nurturing?
5. What is stuck in Janine's car as she tries to drive away from Tick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation for Miles and Tick following the shooting?
2. What does Horace reveal that he had seen John Voss doing to some dogs?
3. Describe John Voss' history as revealed to Principal Meyer in John's file.
4. What are the events of Grace's penance for her affair with C.B. Whiting?
5. Describe the scenario of John Voss coming into the classroom with a revolver.
6. Who is Irene Walsh?
7. What three major life events occur for Janine in Part 4, Chapter 23?
8. What is Janine's state of mind based on new information she has about Walt?
9. What is the metaphor of John Voss dragging his grandmother's body to the dump?
10. How is Mrs. Whiting's character further revealed in Part 3, Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do a character sketch of Janine Roby including positive and negative characteristics. Why does Janine seem to vacillate between divorcing Miles or not.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of Mrs. Whiting in the town? What is her role toward the Roby family? Why is she especially benevolent to them given the fact that Grace Roby had had an affair with her husband many years ago?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)