|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zack flirt with now that Tick has made it clear she does not want to be his girlfriend?
2. How does Miles feels about Janine's marriage?
3. What do the anonymous notes say?
4. Where did Miles go to college?
5. What is stuck in Janine's car as she tries to drive away from Tick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sunday afternoons in Bea's bar.
2. What are the possible implications now that Miles knows that C.B. Whiting was also Charlie Mayne?
3. Cite the three things that Tick notes have happened all in one day.
4. What further details does Max reveal to Miles about Grace's affair with C.B. Whiting that summer long ago?
5. What does Horace reveal that he had seen John Voss doing to some dogs?
6. What was the nature of David's relationship with his mother that perpetuates negative life choices?
7. Explain the foreshadowing of Zack Minty's comments about John Voss' grandmother.
8. What does Miles encounter when he arrives at the school?
9. Describe John Voss' history as revealed to Principal Meyer in John's file.
10. What are the anonymous notes and why does Principal Meyer think it was Zack who sent them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do a character sketch of Janine Roby including positive and negative characteristics. Why does Janine seem to vacillate between divorcing Miles or not.
Essay Topic 2
Do a character sketch of Miles Roby including positive and negative characteristics. Why is Miles the protagonist in the story?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)