|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Miles fight at Mrs. Whiting's house?
(d) Father Mark
2. Why is Zack losing friends?
(a) He steals other guys' girlfriends
(b) He never pays for gas
(c) He intentionally injured the quarterback in the last game
(d) He never gives anybody a ride
3. What does Max reply when Miles asks why he never said anything about Miles' mother and C.B. Whiting?
(a) "It's none of your business."
(b) "She asked me not to."
(c) "Why didn't you?"
(d) "I don't know what you're talking about."
4. Who is in love with Bill Taylor?
(b) Mrs. Roderigue
5. Who does Miles learn has drowned in the river?
(a) Mrs. Whiting
(c) Father Tom
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic do Mrs. Whiting and Miles' mother speak of only once?
2. What behavior has John Voss been seen exhibiting?
3. Who is killed at the shooting at the school?
4. Why has Miles come into Bea's today?
5. What is Mrs. Roderigue doing when Miles sees her at the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scenario of Miles in the hospital at the beginning of Part 4, Chapter 31?
2. How is Mrs. Whiting's character further revealed in Part 3, Chapter 22?
3. What further details does Max reveal to Miles about Grace's affair with C.B. Whiting that summer long ago?
4. What is Janine's state of mind based on new information she has about Walt?
5. What is the metaphor of John Voss dragging his grandmother's body to the dump?
6. What was the nature of David's relationship with his mother that perpetuates negative life choices?
7. What were the two areas of focus in Grace's life as she got older?
8. What three major life events occur for Janine in Part 4, Chapter 23?
9. How is Zack's unsportsmanlike behavior having a negative impact on his life?
10. What are the anonymous notes and why does Principal Meyer think it was Zack who sent them?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)