|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sunday afternoon called in Bea's bar?
(a) Gridiron Greats Day
(b) Fiesta Siesta Day
(c) NBA Day
(d) NFL Day
2. Principal Meyer thinks that Zack is ___________________________.
(a) just like his father
(b) a model student
(c) untapped talent
(d) a genius
3. No one has heard from John Voss since _________________________.
(a) he went to Boston for the weekend
(b) Principal Meyer gave him detention
(c) the night his grandmother's body was discovered
(d) he flunked the algebra test
4. Into whose custody had John Voss been released?
(a) Principal Meyer
(b) His grandmother's
(c) A foster home
(d) His adoptive parents
5. What happens a couple weeks after Miles and his mother return from Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Miles has a parasite
(b) Miles enters the fourth grade
(c) Miles' mother divorces Miles' father
(d) It is announced that C.B. Whiting is going to Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Miles go to college?
2. Where have Miles and Tick spent the winter recuperating?
3. What does Principal Meyer discover when he goes to John Voss' house?
4. What does Miles tell Bea about Janine?
5. How does Miles feels about Janine's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mrs. Whiting's character further revealed in Part 3, Chapter 22?
2. How does Max turn the tables on Miles who asks about his mother's affair with C.B. Whiting?
3. Explain the foreshadowing of Zack Minty's comments about John Voss' grandmother.
4. Describe Sunday afternoons in Bea's bar.
5. What does Miles encounter when he arrives at the school?
6. How can you tell Bea's feelings for her soon-to-be son-in-law, Walt?
7. What further details does Max reveal to Miles about Grace's affair with C.B. Whiting that summer long ago?
8. What are the possible implications now that Miles knows that C.B. Whiting was also Charlie Mayne?
9. What is the premise of Father Mark's sermon, When God Retreats?
10. Cite the three things that Tick notes have happened all in one day.
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)