|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had C.B. Whiting spent several years as an aspiring artist and poet?
(a) Costa Rica
(b) The Bahamas
2. What kind of business does Miles' brother want Miles to buy in Martha's Vineyard?
(c) Bed and breakfast
(d) Gift shop
3. What is Janine wearing at the game?
(a) Jeans and sweat shirt
(b) Khakis and pullover sweater
(c) Cocktail dress
(d) White jeans and halter top
4. What did Miles do when he caught Janine in bed with Walt?
(a) Shot them
(b) Threw a vase at them
(c) Beat up Walt
(d) Ran from the room
5. What does Miles forget when he leaves Martha's Vineyard?
(b) Baseball glove
6. According to Miles, who runs the world?
(a) The wealthy
(c) Power-mad old women
(d) The Mafia
7. Who owns the establishment in #4?
(a) Milton Robinson
(b) Maurice Robichaux
(c) Eric Robichaud
(d) Miles Roby
8. What do Mrs. Whiting's daughter and Miles share?
(a) The same father
(b) The same birth date
(d) A love for peanuts
9. What does John Voss' lunch smell like?
(a) Limburger cheese
(b) Industrial waste
(c) Bad breath
10. How old did Janine think Walter was?
(a) In his forties
(d) In his fifites
11. Who is Tick's art teacher?
(a) Mr. Rogers
(b) Mrs. Robinson
(c) Mrs. Roderigue
(d) Mr. Roberts
12. Who is Janine soon to marry?
(a) Walt Comeau
(b) Wayne Comeau
(c) Willaim Comeau
(d) Walt Connor
13. Why is Miles a little late in arriving?
(a) He went to the ATM
(b) He took John Voss home
(c) He went home to shower
(d) He had a flat tire
14. What is Father Tom's favorite word?
15. In what state does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janine call Miles?
2. Who is Bea Majeski?
3. Who sometimes takes Cindy to the cemetery?
4. Who does Miles hire to bus tables?
5. Jimmy's father teaches him that all things are determined by an elite group who _________________________________.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)