|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Principal Meyer tell Miles about Tick?
(a) She has been cutting afternoon classes
(b) She is going to graduate early
(c) She is disruptive in class
(d) Her snake painting has been selected for the state art fair
2. What is Miles' mother's job?
(a) A nurse at the hospital
(b) A secretary at the factory
(c) Personal assistant to Mrs. Whiting
(d) A waitress at a tavern
3. Where does Max want to move?
(d) South Carolina
4. With whom does John Voss say he lives?
(a) His grandparents
(b) His stepfather
(c) His grandmother
(d) His mother
5. What does Tick do when Candace cuts herself with an Exacto knife?
(b) Calls 911
(d) Puts pressure on the wound
6. What kind of business does Miles' brother want Miles to buy in Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Gift shop
(d) Bed and breakfast
7. What kind of car does Jimmy Minty drive?
(d) Trans Am
8. Who is Max?
(a) Tick's boyfriend
(b) Janine's ex-husband
(c) Candice's brother
(d) Miles' father
9. What does Janine spot on Walt's neck?
(a) A mole
(b) A wart
(c) A cut
(d) A wattle
10. Where does the staff of the Enterprise Grill go after a good night at work?
(a) The Lighthouse
(b) The Barnsider
(c) The Lamplighter
(d) The Lantern's Glow
11. In what state does the story take place?
12. According to Miles, who runs the world?
(a) The Mafia
(b) Power-mad old women
(c) The wealthy
13. Who meets Miles and his mother when they arrive at their vacation destination?
(a) Father Tom
(d) Mr. Mayne
14. Where did Miles and Tick go on vacation?
(b) Martha's Vineyard
(c) Las Vegas
15. What is the logo on the Callahan's napkins?
(a) A blarney stone
(b) A letter "C"
(c) A shamrock
(d) A leprechaun
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David harass Miles about at the Lamplighter?
2. Whose image in the newspaper unsettles Miles?
3. Who is Tick's art teacher?
4. What does Cindy drop between the bleachers?
5. Walt is ________________ older than Janine.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)