|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Max?
(a) Miles' father
(b) Tick's boyfriend
(c) Janine's ex-husband
(d) Candice's brother
2. What does Janine end up writing on the napkin?
(a) I hate Miles
(b) I heart Walt
(c) Janine Roby
(d) The Human Stain
3. What does Miles forget when he leaves Martha's Vineyard?
(b) Baseball glove
4. In what state does the story take place?
5. Why is Max not allowed in the rectory?
(a) He spills drinks
(b) He is not Catholic
(c) He takes things
(d) He breaks statues
6. What activity has transformed Janine's life?
(a) Tarot cards
(b) Feng shui
7. What recent injury does Miles have?
(a) Cat scratch
(b) Broken leg
(c) Back strain
(d) Broken ankle
8. What is Janine doing as she sits in Callahan's?
(a) Eats beer nuts
(b) Practices her new signature
(c) Folds napkins
(d) Drinks wine coolers
9. Which of the following is not a primal urge according to Janine?
(a) Create art
(d) Kill your pain-in-the-ass mother
10. From whom did Jimmy's father derive many of his opinions?
(a) Walter Cronkite
(b) Anderson Cooper
(c) Tom Brokaw
(d) Dan Rather
11. What kind of business does Miles' brother want Miles to buy in Martha's Vineyard?
(c) Bed and breakfast
(d) Gift shop
12. Where does Zack ask Tick to go?
(a) The football game
(b) The movies
(c) The skating rink
(d) The diner
13. Who offers to give Miles driving lessons?
(a) Mrs. Whiting
(b) Father Tom
14. What does David harass Miles about at the Lamplighter?
(a) Getting divorced
(b) Gaining weight
(c) Not having a liquor license
(d) Losing his hair
15. In what type of car does Miles take driving lessons?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miles hire to bus tables?
2. How old did Janine think Walter was?
3. Who owns the establishment in #4?
4. Where do Miles and his mother go on vacation when Miles is nine years old?
5. Whose image in the newspaper unsettles Miles?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)