|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what truths does Ellen begin to figure out?
(a) Her grandmother's meanness.
(b) Her friendship with Starletta.
(c) Her family's secrets.
(d) Her relationship with Julia.
2. Why does Ellen's grandmother threaten to break Ellen's hands?
(a) Ellen's grandmother never threatened her.
(b) Ellen touched her things.
(c) Ellen stole something.
(d) Ellen was cracking her knuckles.
3. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
(a) That Ellen killed their mother.
(b) That it's close to Christmas.
(c) That Ellen will have to live with them.
(d) Nothing, they're devasted.
4. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
(d) Her new mama.
5. Why doesn't Jo Jo have to participate in the after-church activity?
(a) She has dance lessons.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She doesn't want to participate.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Julia's husband?
2. What one thing does Ellen not do for her mother?
3. Who is fired from her job as a teacher?
4. What is Ellen's favorite slide to view on her microscope?
5. When do Dora and Nadine attend church?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)