|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week does Ellen see the school counselor?
2. What does Ellen vow to do if her grandmother starts to die?
(a) Let her die.
(b) Throw water on her.
(c) Wake her up.
(d) Run away.
3. Who is fired from her job as a teacher?
4. Where does Ellen's grandmother make Ellen work?
(a) In the store.
(b) She did not make Ellen work.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the cotton fields.
5. What is Ellen's grandmother's response when Ellen asks her grandmother why she hates her?
(a) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees Ellen's mother.
(b) She said she didn't hate Ellen.
(c) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees her husband.
(d) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees Ellen's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mandatory every Sunday in Ellen's new home?
2. How does Ellen say her father dies?
3. What does Ellen's grandmother vow to Ellen?
4. What other activities must Ellen do on Sundays in her new home?
5. What will Ellen miss the most about her grandmother's house?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)