|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Jo Jo have to participate in the after-church activity?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She doesn't want to participate.
(d) She has dance lessons.
2. Where are Julia and Roy originally from?
(a) The Northeast.
(b) The South.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The West.
3. How many guests does Ellen invite to her birthday party?
4. What item(s) does Ellen receive for Christmas?
(b) White paper.
(d) Too many to list.
5. What is Ellen's favorite thing to do while at her new residence after her grandmother's death?
(b) Look at her microscope.
(c) Play video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity always happens after church?
2. On what day of the week does Ellen see the school counselor?
3. What does Ellen change her last name to?
4. What health care options does Ellen's grandmother shun?
5. Who comes over right away when Ellen tells them her grandmother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nadine and Betsy react to their mother's death?
2. How does Ellen express a lack of belonging throughout Chapters 1-8?
3. In what ways does Ellen's grandmother display paranoia?
4. Using details from the text, describe how Ellen spends her time at Nadine's house.
5. Using detail from the text to support your answer, why does Ellen decide to treat Nadine's residence like a hotel?
6. Why do Ellen and Starletta keep a list?
7. Ellen had to go to court to decide whose custody Ellen should be in. Describe what happened in court.
8. Using details from the text, describe Ellen and her grandmother's relationship.
9. What are some of the family secrets that Ellen uncovers/discovers while Ellen is living with her grandmother?
10. Why didn't Dora want to tell Ellen about Dora and Nadine's usual Christmas ritual?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)