|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ellen spy on during her free time?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. Who is Roger's mother?
(b) Ellen's new mama.
3. Who decides that Ellen must move in with a family member?
(a) Her father.
(c) The courts.
(d) Her uncle.
4. What day does Ellen dread?
(a) When she turns 18.
(b) The one where she must move back in with her father.
(c) The one where Starletta forgets about her.
(d) The one where she must move in with her aunt.
5. Where does someone show up looking for Ellen?
(a) At school.
(b) At her grandmother's.
(c) At her home.
(d) At her foster parents'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incentive does someone offer Ellen when they show up looking for her?
2. Who is keeping tabs on Ellen and her father for Ellen's grandmother?
3. Who shows up and stops the person with the money from harassing Ellen?
4. Who does Ellen spy on upon her first visit to church?
5. What is Starletta fascinated with at Ellen's new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Dora want to tell Ellen about Dora and Nadine's usual Christmas ritual?
2. Why does Ellen choose to give Nadine and Dora pictures of kittens for Christmas instead of a picture of a brooding ocean?
3. Using detail from the text to support your answer, why does Ellen decide to treat Nadine's residence like a hotel?
4. Why is Ellen worried about her grandmother dying?
5. Ellen had to go to court to decide whose custody Ellen should be in. Describe what happened in court.
6. Ellen found several questionable items in her cousin's bedroom. Why doesn't Ellen tell her aunt about these items?
7. What happens to Julia and Roy after Ellen moves out?
8. What types of new experiences is Ellen exposed to at her stay with Julia and Roy?
9. Using details from the text, describe Ellen's shopping system.
10. During Ellen's Christmas stay at Nadine's, what does Ellen hope for?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)