|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen end up giving Nadine and Dora for Christmas?
(b) A homemade picture of kittens.
(d) Nice matching sweaters.
2. What does Ellen tell her hostess she is doing while at her residence after her grandmother's death?
3. What does Ellen do a lot of while at her new temporary residence after her grandmother's death?
4. Who is Julia?
(a) Ellen's aunt.
(b) Ellen's grandmother.
(c) Starletta's mom.
(d) The art teacher.
5. What is Ellen's favorite thing to do while at her new residence after her grandmother's death?
(a) Look at her microscope.
(d) Play video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Stella in?
2. Who is keeping tabs on Ellen and her father for Ellen's grandmother?
3. When do Dora and Nadine attend church?
4. When Ellen does not go to her grandmother's funeral, what does Dora tell her?
5. What does Ellen vow to do if her grandmother starts to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ellen had to go to court to decide whose custody Ellen should be in. Describe what happened in court.
2. How does Ellen express a lack of belonging throughout Chapters 1-8?
3. Ellen's grandmother forces Ellen to go to work. Describe Ellen's job duties.
4. How do Nadine and Betsy react to their mother's death?
5. In what ways does Ellen's grandmother display paranoia?
6. Using detail from the text to support your answer, why does Ellen decide to treat Nadine's residence like a hotel?
7. Using details from the text, describe how Ellen spends her time at Nadine's house.
8. Why is church mandatory for Ellen when she moves in with her new mama?
9. What happens to Julia and Roy after Ellen moves out?
10. What types of new experiences is Ellen exposed to at her stay with Julia and Roy?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)