|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen refuse to play with Starletta's toys?
(a) Starletta did not have any toys.
(b) Starletta was mean.
(c) Starletta was dirty.
(d) Starletta was selfish.
2. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
(a) Went to bed with her.
(c) Called the police.
3. Who does Ellen blame for her mother's death?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
4. What hygiene task does Ellen let her new mama perform on her?
(a) Washing her hair.
(b) Clipping her nails.
(d) Brushing her teeth.
5. What food item does Ellen take with her on her pony ride?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
2. Where does Ellen celebrate her first Christmas after her mother's death?
3. What happens to Ellen's mother's clothes?
4. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
5. What organization does Ellen join to curb her boredom in the winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does the author indicate that Ellen's father killed Ellen's mother?
2. What happens to Julia and Roy after Ellen moves out?
3. How is Ellen's obsessive side shown in Chapter 6?
4. Using details from the text, describe Ellen's shopping system.
5. How does Ellen celebrate her 11th birthday?
6. What are a few of the questions that Ellen's new mama bombards her with when Ellen arrives at her new mama's house?
7. Why does Ellen offer her new mama money?
8. How does Ellen's grandmother cause a scene at the funeral?
9. Why does Ellen begin signing her papers with the last name Foster?
10. In what ways does Ellen justify not telling anyone about the circumstances of her mother's death?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)