|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
(a) Her new mama.
2. What does Ellen end up giving Nadine and Dora for Christmas?
(c) Nice matching sweaters.
(d) A homemade picture of kittens.
3. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
(a) Nothing, they're devasted.
(b) That it's close to Christmas.
(c) That Ellen killed their mother.
(d) That Ellen will have to live with them.
4. After her grandmothers death, how does Ellen decide to treat her new residence?
(a) Like a hotel.
(b) Like a pig sty.
(c) Like home.
(d) Like a vacation.
5. Which character dies at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Aunt Betsy.
(d) Ellen's grandmother.
6. Why does Ellen think Starletta likes white boys?
(a) Starletta is white.
(b) Starletta did not like white boys.
(c) Because Starletta admired Ellen, and Ellen liked them.
(d) They could give her more financially.
7. Who agrees to let Ellen live with them temporarily?
(a) Ellen's grandmother.
(b) Starletta's parents.
(c) The art teacher.
(d) Aunt Betsy.
8. Who is keeping tabs on Ellen and her father for Ellen's grandmother?
(a) Julia and Roy.
(c) Ellis and Rudolph.
(d) Starletta's family.
9. Who are Stella, Frances, and Jo Jo?
(a) Ellen's cousins.
(b) Ellen's friends.
(c) Ellen's aunts.
(d) Ellen's foster sisters.
10. Who is Ellen's imaginary boyfriend?
(a) Kevin Moore.
(b) Nate Austin.
(c) Nick Adams.
(d) Jason Jones.
11. On what day of the week does Ellen see the school counselor?
12. What is Ellen's favorite slide to view on her microscope?
13. How does Ellen say her father dies?
(a) From a fall.
(b) From a stroke.
(c) From drinking too much.
(d) From the flu.
14. What does Julia encourage Ellen to do?
(a) Hug Starletta.
(b) Join Girl Scouts.
(c) Murder her father.
(d) Let it all hang out.
15. Why do Betsy and Nadine start fighting over their mother's death?
(a) They feel they ignored her.
(b) They felt that Ellen killed her.
(c) They fought over clothes.
(d) They fought over money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides that Ellen must move in with a family member?
2. When Ellen's father dies, what item does Ellen's grandmother burn?
3. What does Stella do in the back of the bus?
4. What incentive does someone offer Ellen when they show up looking for her?
5. Whose behavior is worse since the death of Ellen's mother?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)