|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guests does Ellen invite to her birthday party?
2. What is the only question Ellen's grandmother asks Ellen on the drive to her house?
(a) When school started.
(b) What time was it.
(c) What Ellen wanted for dinner.
(d) If Ellen was okay.
3. Whose behavior is worse since the death of Ellen's mother?
(a) Ellen's father's.
(b) Ellen's grandmother's.
4. Which character dies at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) Ellen's grandmother.
(c) Aunt Betsy.
5. What incentive does someone offer Ellen when they show up looking for her?
(a) A Family.
6. In what room does Ellen stay at her first temporary home?
(a) The guest room.
(b) The living room.
(c) The garage.
(d) The attic.
7. How does Ellen respond to her grandmother's reply as to why her grandmother hates her?
(a) She replied that she didn't do anything.
(b) She replied that it was her mother's fault.
(c) She replied that she hated her, too.
(d) She did not reply.
8. In Chapter 11, what truths does Ellen begin to figure out?
(a) Her family's secrets.
(b) Her relationship with Julia.
(c) Her grandmother's meanness.
(d) Her friendship with Starletta.
9. What does Ellen almost forget?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her eleventh birthday.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her book for school.
10. What does Ellen do a lot of while at her new temporary residence after her grandmother's death?
11. Who decides that Ellen must move in with a family member?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(d) The courts.
12. Who is Julia's husband?
13. How does Ellen say her father dies?
(a) From the flu.
(b) From a fall.
(c) From a stroke.
(d) From drinking too much.
14. What is the only thing that Dora doesn't have?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) A doll house.
(c) A best friend.
(d) A bicycle.
15. Who leaves envelopes of money in Ellen's mailbox?
(a) Starletta's family.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen vow to do if her grandmother starts to die?
2. Who is Julia?
3. When Ellen's father dies, what item does Ellen's grandmother burn?
4. What does Ellen end up giving Nadine and Dora for Christmas?
5. When Ellen does not go to her grandmother's funeral, what does Dora tell her?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)