|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ellen's favorite thing to do while at her new residence after her grandmother's death?
(b) Play video games.
(c) Look at her microscope.
2. Who comes looking for Ellen with money in hand asking her to come back to live with them?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
3. Who is Julia's husband?
4. What does Stella do in the back of the bus?
(a) Stella didn't ride the bus.
(d) Fool around with boys.
5. What other activities must Ellen do on Sundays in her new home?
(b) Wash, and clean the dishes.
(c) Scrub the floors and vaccum.
(d) Wash, and do her homework.
6. What is Starletta fascinated with at Ellen's new home?
(a) The carpet.
(b) The backyard.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garden.
7. How many guests does Ellen invite to her birthday party?
8. What is Dora and Nadine's response to Ellen's Christmas gift?
(a) Fake joy.
9. Where does Ellen's grandmother make Ellen work?
(a) In the store.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) She did not make Ellen work.
(d) In the cotton fields.
10. What does Ellen discover in Dora's underwear drawer?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) A list of Dora's boyfriends.
(d) It was empty.
11. What is mandatory every Sunday in Ellen's new home?
12. Who does Ellen call to report her grandmother's death?
(a) Aunt Nadine.
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(c) The funeral home.
(d) Her father.
13. What does Ellen tell her Aunt Nadine she would like for Christmas?
(c) White paper.
14. Who leaves envelopes of money in Ellen's mailbox?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Starletta's family.
15. What request does Ellen consider asking her new mama?
(a) If she can go out to eat.
(b) If Starletta can stay over.
(c) If she can have $100.
(d) If she can move out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell her hostess she is doing while at her residence after her grandmother's death?
2. Who is Ellen placed to live with?
3. Who comes over right away when Ellen tells them her grandmother died?
4. Who decides that Ellen must move in with a family member?
5. Why doesn't Jo Jo have to participate in the after-church activity?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)