|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell her hostess she is doing while at her residence after her grandmother's death?
2. What nickname does Ellen give her grandmother?
(c) Old Lady.
3. What is Ellen's favorite thing to do while at her new residence after her grandmother's death?
(a) Play video games.
(d) Look at her microscope.
4. Who agrees to let Ellen live with them temporarily?
(a) Aunt Betsy.
(b) The art teacher.
(c) Ellen's grandmother.
(d) Starletta's parents.
5. Who shows up and stops the person with the money from harassing Ellen?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her father.
(c) The police.
(d) Her mother.
6. What does Ellen tell her Aunt Nadine she would like for Christmas?
(c) White paper.
7. What does Ellen discover in Dora's underwear drawer?
(a) A list of Dora's boyfriends.
(b) Romance novels.
(c) It was empty.
8. When Ellen does not go to her grandmother's funeral, what does Dora tell her?
(a) To have fun.
(b) To stay out of her room.
(c) To go.
(d) That she was selfish.
9. What item(s) does Ellen receive for Christmas?
(a) White paper.
(d) Too many to list.
10. What is Ellen's grandmother's response when Ellen asks her grandmother why she hates her?
(a) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees Ellen's father.
(b) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees her husband.
(c) She said she didn't hate Ellen.
(d) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees Ellen's mother.
11. Who is Roger's mother?
(b) Ellen's new mama.
12. Who is Julia?
(a) Starletta's mom.
(b) Ellen's aunt.
(c) The art teacher.
(d) Ellen's grandmother.
13. How does Ellen say her father dies?
(a) From a fall.
(b) From the flu.
(c) From a stroke.
(d) From drinking too much.
14. What health care options does Ellen's grandmother shun?
(a) Her therapist.
(b) Her doctor and medicine.
(c) Her chiropractor.
15. Who has a crush on Tom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellen's grandmother make Ellen work?
2. What hobby does Ellen remember helping her mother with?
3. What does Ellen's grandmother vow to Ellen?
4. Whose classroom does Ellen pass on her way to music class?
5. On what day of the week does Ellen see the school counselor?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)