|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen think Starletta likes white boys?
(a) Starletta is white.
(b) Because Starletta admired Ellen, and Ellen liked them.
(c) Starletta did not like white boys.
(d) They could give her more financially.
2. Why do Betsy and Nadine start fighting over their mother's death?
(a) They felt that Ellen killed her.
(b) They fought over money.
(c) They fought over clothes.
(d) They feel they ignored her.
3. Which character dies at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) Ellen's grandmother.
(c) Aunt Betsy.
4. Where are Julia and Roy originally from?
(a) The South.
(b) The Midwest.
(c) The West.
(d) The Northeast.
5. What does Ellen discover in Dora's underwear drawer?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) A list of Dora's boyfriends.
(c) It was empty.
6. What other activities must Ellen do on Sundays in her new home?
(a) Wash, and do her homework.
(c) Scrub the floors and vaccum.
(d) Wash, and clean the dishes.
7. What gift do Julia and Roy give Ellen for her birthday?
(b) A pillow.
(c) Art supplies.
(d) A home to live in.
8. What one materialistic possession is the only thing Ellen really cares about?
9. Whose classroom does Ellen pass on her way to music class?
10. When Ellen does not go to her grandmother's funeral, what does Dora tell her?
(a) To stay out of her room.
(b) To go.
(c) To have fun.
(d) That she was selfish.
11. What is Ellen's favorite slide to view on her microscope?
12. Who does Ellen call to report her grandmother's death?
(a) Aunt Nadine.
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(c) The funeral home.
(d) Her father.
13. Ellen has to go shopping for new clothes. What new item does she treasure the most?
(a) A beautiful new dress.
(b) A pink and purple shirt.
(c) None, she liked the money.
(d) A pair of designer jeans.
14. What does Ellen tell her hostess she is doing while at her residence after her grandmother's death?
15. Who leaves envelopes of money in Ellen's mailbox?
(a) Her grandmother.
(d) Starletta's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mandatory every Sunday in Ellen's new home?
2. What does Stella do in the back of the bus?
3. Where does someone show up looking for Ellen?
4. What does Ellen do a lot of while at her new temporary residence after her grandmother's death?
5. What one thing does Ellen not do for her mother?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)