|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her grandmother's death, whose room does Ellen have to stay in at her new residence?
(c) The living room.
(d) Nadine's old husband's.
2. Who is Roger's mother?
(c) Ellen's new mama.
3. Who is fired from her job as a teacher?
4. Who agrees to let Ellen live with them temporarily?
(a) Ellen's grandmother.
(b) The art teacher.
(c) Aunt Betsy.
(d) Starletta's parents.
5. What does Dora still believe in?
(a) The Tooth Fairy.
(c) The Easter Bunny.
6. How does Ellen respond to her grandmother's reply as to why her grandmother hates her?
(a) She did not reply.
(b) She replied that she hated her, too.
(c) She replied that she didn't do anything.
(d) She replied that it was her mother's fault.
7. Who does Ellen spy on during her free time?
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
8. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
(b) Her new mama.
9. What does Ellen end up giving Nadine and Dora for Christmas?
(a) A homemade picture of kittens.
(d) Nice matching sweaters.
10. What item(s) does Ellen receive for Christmas?
(a) White paper.
(c) Too many to list.
11. What does Ellen almost forget?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her book for school.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her eleventh birthday.
12. Who helps Ellen with her work in the fields?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) No one.
13. What will Ellen miss the most about her grandmother's house?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) The money.
(d) Spying on the neighbors.
14. What does Ellen tell her Aunt Nadine she would like for Christmas?
(d) White paper.
15. Who is keeping tabs on Ellen and her father for Ellen's grandmother?
(a) Ellis and Rudolph.
(b) Julia and Roy.
(c) Starletta's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hobby does Ellen remember helping her mother with?
2. What day does Ellen dread?
3. What does Ellen do a lot of while at her new temporary residence after her grandmother's death?
4. Who shows up and stops the person with the money from harassing Ellen?
5. What does Julia encourage Ellen to do?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)