|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Ellen miss the most about her grandmother's house?
(a) Spying on the neighbors.
(b) Her freedom.
(c) The money.
2. What other activities must Ellen do on Sundays in her new home?
(a) Scrub the floors and vaccum.
(b) Wash, and do her homework.
(c) Wash, and clean the dishes.
3. Why does Ellen's grandmother threaten to break Ellen's hands?
(a) Ellen stole something.
(b) Ellen touched her things.
(c) Ellen was cracking her knuckles.
(d) Ellen's grandmother never threatened her.
4. What does Ellen almost forget?
(a) Her eleventh birthday.
(b) Her book for school.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her best friend.
5. Who is Julia's husband?
6. How many guests does Ellen invite to her birthday party?
7. Which character dies at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) Ellen's grandmother.
(d) Aunt Betsy.
8. What does Ellen tell her Aunt Nadine she would like for Christmas?
(c) White paper.
9. Who agrees to let Ellen live with them temporarily?
(a) Starletta's parents.
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(c) Ellen's grandmother.
(d) The art teacher.
10. What is mandatory every Sunday in Ellen's new home?
11. What health care options does Ellen's grandmother shun?
(b) Her doctor and medicine.
(c) Her chiropractor.
(d) Her therapist.
12. What incentive does someone offer Ellen when they show up looking for her?
(d) A Family.
13. Who does Ellen spy on during her free time?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her father.
14. What is Julia as a child?
(a) A flower child.
(b) A movie star.
(c) A baker.
(d) A teacher.
15. What grade is Stella in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dora still believe in?
2. Who leaves envelopes of money in Ellen's mailbox?
3. What request does Ellen consider asking her new mama?
4. Who comes looking for Ellen with money in hand asking her to come back to live with them?
5. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)