|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ellen spy on during her free time?
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Ellen almost forget?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her eleventh birthday.
(d) Her book for school.
3. Who decides that Ellen must move in with a family member?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) The courts.
4. What happens to Ellen from working so hard in the fields?
(a) She makes a lot of money.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She gets sick.
5. What is the only thing that Dora doesn't have?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A boyfriend.
(c) A best friend.
(d) A doll house.
6. After her grandmother's death, who must Ellen live with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(c) Aunt Nadine.
7. Why doesn't Ellen buy Nadine and Dora gifts for Christmas?
(a) She didn't see them at Christmas.
(b) She knew they wouldn't get her anything.
(c) She wanted to save her money.
(d) She spent all her money on herself.
8. In what room does Ellen stay at her first temporary home?
(a) The garage.
(b) The guest room.
(c) The living room.
(d) The attic.
9. What is Starletta fascinated with at Ellen's new home?
(a) The carpet.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The garden.
10. Whose classroom does Ellen pass on her way to music class?
11. Who is fired from her job as a teacher?
12. Who is keeping tabs on Ellen and her father for Ellen's grandmother?
(a) Starletta's family.
(b) Ellis and Rudolph.
(c) Julia and Roy.
13. How does Ellen say her father dies?
(a) From drinking too much.
(b) From a stroke.
(c) From a fall.
(d) From the flu.
14. When Ellen does not go to her grandmother's funeral, what does Dora tell her?
(a) To stay out of her room.
(b) That she was selfish.
(c) To go.
(d) To have fun.
15. Why does Ellen think Starletta likes white boys?
(a) Starletta is white.
(b) Starletta did not like white boys.
(c) Because Starletta admired Ellen, and Ellen liked them.
(d) They could give her more financially.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does someone show up looking for Ellen?
2. Whose behavior is worse since the death of Ellen's mother?
3. What is Julia as a child?
4. What grade is Stella in?
5. What will Ellen miss the most about her grandmother's house?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)