|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Jo Jo have to participate in the after-church activity?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She has dance lessons.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She doesn't want to participate.
2. After her grandmothers death, how does Ellen decide to treat her new residence?
(a) Like a pig sty.
(b) Like home.
(c) Like a hotel.
(d) Like a vacation.
3. Who comes looking for Ellen with money in hand asking her to come back to live with them?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. Who has a crush on Tom?
5. Who is Roger's mother?
(a) Ellen's new mama.
6. What nickname does Ellen give her grandmother?
(c) Old Lady.
7. In what room does Ellen stay at her first temporary home?
(a) The guest room.
(b) The living room.
(c) The attic.
(d) The garage.
8. What one materialistic possession is the only thing Ellen really cares about?
9. What does Ellen's grandmother vow to Ellen?
(a) That Ellen would never stop paying for her mother's death.
(b) That she would kill Ellen.
(c) That she would always take care of Ellen.
(d) That Ellen would have to kill her.
10. Who agrees to let Ellen live with them temporarily?
(a) Ellen's grandmother.
(b) Starletta's parents.
(c) The art teacher.
(d) Aunt Betsy.
11. What is Ellen's grandmother's response when Ellen asks her grandmother why she hates her?
(a) She said she didn't hate Ellen.
(b) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees Ellen's father.
(c) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees Ellen's mother.
(d) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees her husband.
12. What does Dora still believe in?
(a) The Tooth Fairy.
(d) The Easter Bunny.
13. Who shows up and stops the person with the money from harassing Ellen?
(a) The police.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
14. When do Dora and Nadine attend church?
(c) On holidays.
15. Who is fired from her job as a teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides that Ellen must move in with a family member?
2. What will Ellen miss the most about her grandmother's house?
3. How does Ellen say her father dies?
4. What activity always happens after church?
5. Who is Julia?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)