|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia as a child?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A flower child.
(c) A baker.
(d) A movie star.
2. What is mandatory every Sunday in Ellen's new home?
3. After her grandmother's death, whose room does Ellen have to stay in at her new residence?
(b) The living room.
(c) Nadine's old husband's.
4. What does Ellen tell her hostess she is doing while at her residence after her grandmother's death?
5. After her grandmother's death, who must Ellen live with?
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(c) Aunt Nadine.
(d) Her father.
6. What other activities must Ellen do on Sundays in her new home?
(a) Wash, and do her homework.
(b) Wash, and clean the dishes.
(c) Scrub the floors and vaccum.
7. After her grandmothers death, how does Ellen decide to treat her new residence?
(a) Like home.
(b) Like a vacation.
(c) Like a pig sty.
(d) Like a hotel.
8. What one materialistic possession is the only thing Ellen really cares about?
9. What does Ellen discover in Dora's underwear drawer?
(b) It was empty.
(c) Romance novels.
(d) A list of Dora's boyfriends.
10. What does Ellen's grandmother vow to Ellen?
(a) That she would always take care of Ellen.
(b) That she would kill Ellen.
(c) That Ellen would never stop paying for her mother's death.
(d) That Ellen would have to kill her.
11. Where are Julia and Roy originally from?
(a) The South.
(b) The Midwest.
(c) The West.
(d) The Northeast.
12. What gift do Julia and Roy give Ellen for her birthday?
(a) A pillow.
(c) A home to live in.
(d) Art supplies.
13. What health care options does Ellen's grandmother shun?
(a) Her therapist.
(b) Her doctor and medicine.
(d) Her chiropractor.
14. What does Ellen change her last name to?
15. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
(a) That Ellen killed their mother.
(b) That it's close to Christmas.
(c) Nothing, they're devasted.
(d) That Ellen will have to live with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Stella, Frances, and Jo Jo?
2. What does Ellen end up giving Nadine and Dora for Christmas?
3. What do Ellen and Starletta keep a list of?
4. Who leaves envelopes of money in Ellen's mailbox?
5. Why does Ellen's grandmother threaten to break Ellen's hands?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)