|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift do Julia and Roy give Ellen for her birthday?
(b) Art supplies.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A home to live in.
2. On what day of the week does Ellen see the school counselor?
3. What does Ellen's grandmother vow to Ellen?
(a) That she would kill Ellen.
(b) That Ellen would have to kill her.
(c) That she would always take care of Ellen.
(d) That Ellen would never stop paying for her mother's death.
4. When Ellen does not go to her grandmother's funeral, what does Dora tell her?
(a) To have fun.
(b) To stay out of her room.
(c) To go.
(d) That she was selfish.
5. What one materialistic possession is the only thing Ellen really cares about?
6. Why does Ellen's grandmother threaten to break Ellen's hands?
(a) Ellen touched her things.
(b) Ellen was cracking her knuckles.
(c) Ellen's grandmother never threatened her.
(d) Ellen stole something.
7. What day does Ellen dread?
(a) The one where Starletta forgets about her.
(b) The one where she must move back in with her father.
(c) When she turns 18.
(d) The one where she must move in with her aunt.
8. What is Dora and Nadine's response to Ellen's Christmas gift?
(a) Fake joy.
9. What is Ellen's favorite slide to view on her microscope?
10. Who comes over right away when Ellen tells them her grandmother died?
(d) Her new mama.
11. Who does Ellen spy on during her free time?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
12. Why does Ellen think Starletta likes white boys?
(a) Starletta is white.
(b) Because Starletta admired Ellen, and Ellen liked them.
(c) They could give her more financially.
(d) Starletta did not like white boys.
13. Who comes looking for Ellen with money in hand asking her to come back to live with them?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
14. What activity always happens after church?
15. What does Ellen change her last name to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ellen placed to live with?
2. How does Ellen respond to her grandmother's reply as to why her grandmother hates her?
3. Where does Ellen's grandmother make Ellen work?
4. Where does someone show up looking for Ellen?
5. After her grandmother's death, who must Ellen live with?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)