|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Ellen consider asking her new mama?
(a) If she can move out.
(b) If Starletta can stay over.
(c) If she can go out to eat.
(d) If she can have $100.
2. What do Ellen and Starletta keep a list of?
(a) They kept a list of girls they hated.
(b) They kept a list of boys they liked.
(c) They kept a list of the times Ellen stayed over.
(d) They kept a list of what they needed to tell each other.
3. What incentive does someone offer Ellen when they show up looking for her?
(d) A Family.
4. What happens to Ellen from working so hard in the fields?
(b) She makes a lot of money.
(c) She gets sick.
(d) She runs away.
5. What does Ellen tell her Aunt Nadine she would like for Christmas?
(c) White paper.
6. Who comes over right away when Ellen tells them her grandmother died?
(d) Her new mama.
7. What activity always happens after church?
8. What is Ellen's favorite thing to do while at her new residence after her grandmother's death?
(c) Look at her microscope.
(d) Play video games.
9. What is the only question Ellen's grandmother asks Ellen on the drive to her house?
(a) What time was it.
(b) If Ellen was okay.
(c) What Ellen wanted for dinner.
(d) When school started.
10. Who agrees to let Ellen live with them temporarily?
(a) Ellen's grandmother.
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(c) The art teacher.
(d) Starletta's parents.
11. What nickname does Ellen give her grandmother?
(d) Old Lady.
12. What hobby does Ellen remember helping her mother with?
13. Who is Julia?
(a) Ellen's aunt.
(b) Ellen's grandmother.
(c) The art teacher.
(d) Starletta's mom.
14. What does Ellen discover in Dora's underwear drawer?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) It was empty.
(c) A list of Dora's boyfriends.
15. Who is Julia's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guests does Ellen invite to her birthday party?
2. Whose classroom does Ellen pass on her way to music class?
3. What other activities must Ellen do on Sundays in her new home?
4. What one thing does Ellen not do for her mother?
5. What does Ellen almost forget?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)