Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what truths does Ellen begin to figure out?
(a) Her grandmother's meanness.
(b) Her friendship with Starletta.
(c) Her family's secrets.
(d) Her relationship with Julia.
2. Why does Ellen's grandmother threaten to break Ellen's hands?
(a) Ellen's grandmother never threatened her.
(b) Ellen touched her things.
(c) Ellen stole something.
(d) Ellen was cracking her knuckles.
3. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
(a) That Ellen killed their mother.
(b) That it's close to Christmas.
(c) That Ellen will have to live with them.
(d) Nothing, they're devasted.
4. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
(d) Her new mama.
5. Why doesn't Jo Jo have to participate in the after-church activity?
(a) She has dance lessons.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She doesn't want to participate.
(d) She is pregnant.
6. Who is Julia's husband?
7. What one thing does Ellen not do for her mother?
(a) Hate her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Save her.
(d) Love her.
8. Who is fired from her job as a teacher?
9. What is Ellen's favorite slide to view on her microscope?
10. When do Dora and Nadine attend church?
(b) On holidays.
11. Where are Julia and Roy originally from?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The Northeast.
(c) The West.
(d) The South.
12. Who does Ellen spy on upon her first visit to church?
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Aunt Betsy.
(d) The 'Foster' family.
13. What one materialistic possession is the only thing Ellen really cares about?
14. What does Ellen do a lot of while at her new temporary residence after her grandmother's death?
15. What does Ellen's grandmother vow to Ellen?
(a) That Ellen would have to kill her.
(b) That she would always take care of Ellen.
(c) That Ellen would never stop paying for her mother's death.
(d) That she would kill Ellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen almost forget?
2. Who is Ellen placed to live with?
3. Who leaves envelopes of money in Ellen's mailbox?
4. What is mandatory every Sunday in Ellen's new home?
5. Whose behavior is worse since the death of Ellen's mother?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)