|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia as a child?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A flower child.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A baker.
2. What room does Ellen stay in at her grandmother's house?
(a) The basement.
(b) Her mother's old room.
(c) None, she slept on the floor.
(d) Her grandmother's room.
3. What does Ellen almost forget?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her book for school.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her eleventh birthday.
4. Whose classroom does Ellen pass on her way to music class?
5. What gift do Julia and Roy give Ellen for her birthday?
(a) A home to live in.
(b) Art supplies.
(d) A pillow.
6. Where does someone show up looking for Ellen?
(a) At her grandmother's.
(b) At school.
(c) At her home.
(d) At her foster parents'.
7. What item(s) does Ellen receive for Christmas?
(a) White paper.
(b) Too many to list.
8. How does Ellen respond to her grandmother's reply as to why her grandmother hates her?
(a) She did not reply.
(b) She replied that she didn't do anything.
(c) She replied that she hated her, too.
(d) She replied that it was her mother's fault.
9. Why doesn't Ellen buy Nadine and Dora gifts for Christmas?
(a) She didn't see them at Christmas.
(b) She spent all her money on herself.
(c) She knew they wouldn't get her anything.
(d) She wanted to save her money.
10. After her grandmother's death, who must Ellen live with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(d) Aunt Nadine.
11. Who comes looking for Ellen with money in hand asking her to come back to live with them?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
12. What one thing does Ellen not do for her mother?
(a) Love her.
(b) Save her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Hate her.
13. Ellen has to go shopping for new clothes. What new item does she treasure the most?
(a) A pink and purple shirt.
(b) None, she liked the money.
(c) A pair of designer jeans.
(d) A beautiful new dress.
14. What activity always happens after church?
15. After her grandmother's death, whose room does Ellen have to stay in at her new residence?
(b) The living room.
(c) Nadine's old husband's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
2. Who is Ellen's imaginary boyfriend?
3. What hobby does Ellen remember helping her mother with?
4. Who is Roger's mother?
5. What is Ellen's grandmother's response when Ellen asks her grandmother why she hates her?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)