|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen end up giving Nadine and Dora for Christmas?
(b) A homemade picture of kittens.
(d) Nice matching sweaters.
2. Who is Roger's mother?
(b) Ellen's new mama.
3. What does Julia encourage Ellen to do?
(a) Hug Starletta.
(b) Let it all hang out.
(c) Join Girl Scouts.
(d) Murder her father.
4. Who agrees to let Ellen live with them temporarily?
(a) Starletta's parents.
(b) The art teacher.
(c) Aunt Betsy.
(d) Ellen's grandmother.
5. What is Ellen's favorite thing to do while at her new residence after her grandmother's death?
(a) Look at her microscope.
(c) Play video games.
6. Who leaves envelopes of money in Ellen's mailbox?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Starletta's family.
7. What does Ellen tell her Aunt Nadine she would like for Christmas?
(c) White paper.
8. After her grandmothers death, how does Ellen decide to treat her new residence?
(a) Like home.
(b) Like a pig sty.
(c) Like a vacation.
(d) Like a hotel.
9. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
(a) That Ellen killed their mother.
(b) That it's close to Christmas.
(c) Nothing, they're devasted.
(d) That Ellen will have to live with them.
10. What incentive does someone offer Ellen when they show up looking for her?
(b) A Family.
11. What request does Ellen consider asking her new mama?
(a) If she can move out.
(b) If Starletta can stay over.
(c) If she can have $100.
(d) If she can go out to eat.
12. What does Ellen do a lot of while at her new temporary residence after her grandmother's death?
13. What truth does Ellen's grandmother constantly remind Ellen of?
(a) That she had her father's eyes.
(b) That she was adopted.
(c) That she was worthless.
(d) That she loved her.
14. What does Stella do in the back of the bus?
(a) Stella didn't ride the bus.
(b) Fool around with boys.
15. Who is keeping tabs on Ellen and her father for Ellen's grandmother?
(a) Ellis and Rudolph.
(b) Julia and Roy.
(c) Starletta's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her grandmother's death, who must Ellen live with?
2. When Ellen's father dies, what item does Ellen's grandmother burn?
3. What is the only thing that Dora doesn't have?
4. What is Starletta fascinated with at Ellen's new home?
5. What is mandatory every Sunday in Ellen's new home?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)