|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell her hostess she is doing while at her residence after her grandmother's death?
2. What incentive does someone offer Ellen when they show up looking for her?
(c) A Family.
3. Who is Ellen placed to live with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her uncle.
4. What other activities must Ellen do on Sundays in her new home?
(a) Wash, and clean the dishes.
(b) Wash, and do her homework.
(c) Scrub the floors and vaccum.
5. What is the only thing that Dora doesn't have?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A best friend.
(c) A boyfriend.
(d) A doll house.
6. Why does Ellen's grandmother threaten to break Ellen's hands?
(a) Ellen touched her things.
(b) Ellen was cracking her knuckles.
(c) Ellen's grandmother never threatened her.
(d) Ellen stole something.
7. Who comes over right away when Ellen tells them her grandmother died?
(d) Her new mama.
8. What is Ellen's grandmother's response when Ellen asks her grandmother why she hates her?
(a) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees Ellen's mother.
(b) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees Ellen's father.
(c) She said she didn't hate Ellen.
(d) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees her husband.
9. When do Dora and Nadine attend church?
(a) On holidays.
10. How does Ellen say her father dies?
(a) From the flu.
(b) From a fall.
(c) From a stroke.
(d) From drinking too much.
11. After her grandmother's death, who must Ellen live with?
(a) Aunt Nadine.
(c) Her father.
(d) Aunt Betsy.
12. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
(a) Her new mama.
13. What do Ellen and Starletta keep a list of?
(a) They kept a list of girls they hated.
(b) They kept a list of the times Ellen stayed over.
(c) They kept a list of what they needed to tell each other.
(d) They kept a list of boys they liked.
14. How many guests does Ellen invite to her birthday party?
15. What does Ellen's grandmother vow to Ellen?
(a) That she would always take care of Ellen.
(b) That she would kill Ellen.
(c) That Ellen would have to kill her.
(d) That Ellen would never stop paying for her mother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen end up giving Nadine and Dora for Christmas?
2. In Chapter 11, what truths does Ellen begin to figure out?
3. What will Ellen miss the most about her grandmother's house?
4. What request does Ellen consider asking her new mama?
5. Who is keeping tabs on Ellen and her father for Ellen's grandmother?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)