|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves envelopes of money in Ellen's mailbox?
(a) Starletta's family.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. When Ellen's father dies, what item does Ellen's grandmother burn?
(a) A picture.
(b) His clothes.
(d) A flag.
3. What is Starletta fascinated with at Ellen's new home?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The carpet.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The garden.
4. What does Ellen tell her hostess she is doing while at her residence after her grandmother's death?
5. What incentive does someone offer Ellen when they show up looking for her?
(d) A Family.
6. What is the only question Ellen's grandmother asks Ellen on the drive to her house?
(a) What Ellen wanted for dinner.
(b) If Ellen was okay.
(c) When school started.
(d) What time was it.
7. In what room does Ellen stay at her first temporary home?
(a) The guest room.
(b) The garage.
(c) The living room.
(d) The attic.
8. Who is Julia?
(a) Starletta's mom.
(b) Ellen's aunt.
(c) Ellen's grandmother.
(d) The art teacher.
9. After her grandmothers death, how does Ellen decide to treat her new residence?
(a) Like a hotel.
(b) Like a pig sty.
(c) Like home.
(d) Like a vacation.
10. Where are Julia and Roy originally from?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The Northeast.
(d) The Midwest.
11. How many guests does Ellen invite to her birthday party?
12. What does Ellen change her last name to?
13. What is the only thing that Dora doesn't have?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A doll house.
(c) A best friend.
(d) A boyfriend.
14. Who comes over right away when Ellen tells them her grandmother died?
(a) Her new mama.
15. What grade is Stella in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes looking for Ellen with money in hand asking her to come back to live with them?
2. Who is Ellen placed to live with?
3. What does Dora still believe in?
4. What is Ellen's grandmother's response when Ellen asks her grandmother why she hates her?
5. What truth does Ellen's grandmother constantly remind Ellen of?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)