|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her grandmothers death, how does Ellen decide to treat her new residence?
(a) Like a vacation.
(b) Like a pig sty.
(c) Like a hotel.
(d) Like home.
2. What one materialistic possession is the only thing Ellen really cares about?
3. What room does Ellen stay in at her grandmother's house?
(a) The basement.
(b) None, she slept on the floor.
(c) Her grandmother's room.
(d) Her mother's old room.
4. What does Stella do in the back of the bus?
(c) Stella didn't ride the bus.
(d) Fool around with boys.
5. Why doesn't Ellen buy Nadine and Dora gifts for Christmas?
(a) She knew they wouldn't get her anything.
(b) She spent all her money on herself.
(c) She didn't see them at Christmas.
(d) She wanted to save her money.
6. What does Dora still believe in?
(b) The Tooth Fairy.
(c) The Easter Bunny.
7. How does Ellen say her father dies?
(a) From the flu.
(b) From a stroke.
(c) From a fall.
(d) From drinking too much.
8. What does Ellen do a lot of while at her new temporary residence after her grandmother's death?
9. After her grandmother's death, whose room does Ellen have to stay in at her new residence?
(b) The living room.
(d) Nadine's old husband's.
10. What grade is Stella in?
11. What health care options does Ellen's grandmother shun?
(b) Her therapist.
(c) Her chiropractor.
(d) Her doctor and medicine.
12. What does Ellen almost forget?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her eleventh birthday.
(c) Her book for school.
(d) Her father.
13. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
(c) Her new mama.
14. When Ellen's father dies, what item does Ellen's grandmother burn?
(a) A picture.
(b) His clothes.
(d) A flag.
15. What is Ellen's grandmother's response when Ellen asks her grandmother why she hates her?
(a) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees her husband.
(b) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees Ellen's mother.
(c) Every time she looks at Ellen, she sees Ellen's father.
(d) She said she didn't hate Ellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves envelopes of money in Ellen's mailbox?
2. Who is Ellen placed to live with?
3. What does Ellen tell her hostess she is doing while at her residence after her grandmother's death?
4. What gift do Julia and Roy give Ellen for her birthday?
5. What is mandatory every Sunday in Ellen's new home?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)