|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen end up giving Nadine and Dora for Christmas?
(c) Nice matching sweaters.
(d) A homemade picture of kittens.
2. How many guests does Ellen invite to her birthday party?
3. What gift do Julia and Roy give Ellen for her birthday?
(a) A home to live in.
(b) Art supplies.
(d) A pillow.
4. What is Ellen's favorite slide to view on her microscope?
5. Where does Ellen's grandmother make Ellen work?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the store.
(c) She did not make Ellen work.
(d) In the cotton fields.
6. Why doesn't Ellen buy Nadine and Dora gifts for Christmas?
(a) She wanted to save her money.
(b) She spent all her money on herself.
(c) She knew they wouldn't get her anything.
(d) She didn't see them at Christmas.
7. What is Starletta fascinated with at Ellen's new home?
(a) The backyard.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The carpet.
8. What grade is Stella in?
9. Who does Ellen spy on upon her first visit to church?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(c) The 'Foster' family.
(d) Aunt Betsy.
10. What does Ellen tell her hostess she is doing while at her residence after her grandmother's death?
11. Who does Ellen call to report her grandmother's death?
(a) Aunt Betsy.
(b) Aunt Nadine.
(c) The funeral home.
(d) Her father.
12. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
(a) That Ellen killed their mother.
(b) That it's close to Christmas.
(c) That Ellen will have to live with them.
(d) Nothing, they're devasted.
13. Why do Betsy and Nadine start fighting over their mother's death?
(a) They felt that Ellen killed her.
(b) They fought over clothes.
(c) They fought over money.
(d) They feel they ignored her.
14. What does Ellen almost forget?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her eleventh birthday.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her book for school.
15. Who is keeping tabs on Ellen and her father for Ellen's grandmother?
(b) Ellis and Rudolph.
(c) Starletta's family.
(d) Julia and Roy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one materialistic possession is the only thing Ellen really cares about?
2. What will Ellen miss the most about her grandmother's house?
3. Who comes looking for Ellen with money in hand asking her to come back to live with them?
4. In Chapter 11, what truths does Ellen begin to figure out?
5. Who has a crush on Tom?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)