|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What make-up item does Ellen contemplate wearing to her mother's funeral?
(a) Eye liner.
(b) Eye shadow.
2. Where does Ellen celebrate her first Christmas after her mother's death?
(a) Nowhere; Ellen stopped celebrating christmas.
(b) At her grandmother's house.
(c) At Starletta's house.
(d) With her father.
3. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
(a) Her heart never stopped beating.
(b) She overdosed on pills.
(c) She was scared.
(d) She was stabbed.
4. Why doesn't Ellen tell anyone about her problems with her father?
(a) She didn't have any problems.
(b) She didn't care about her problems.
(c) She was scared and untrusting.
(d) She was worried she'd get in trouble.
5. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her friend.
6. Before the end of the service, but after the fight with Ellen's father, what does this well-to-do relative do?
(a) Leaves the service.
(b) Slaps Ellen.
(c) Slaps Ellen's father.
(d) Kidnaps Ellen.
7. What is Ellen's father's name?
8. The day after the funeral, where does Ellen prepare to go?
(b) The mall.
(d) The skating rink.
9. Why does Ellen refuse to play with Starletta's toys?
(a) Starletta did not have any toys.
(b) Starletta was selfish.
(c) Starletta was dirty.
(d) Starletta was mean.
10. What is the pony's name that Ellen wants to ride?
11. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
(a) Called the police.
(b) Went to bed with her.
12. How much money does Ellen offer Starletta's family to let her stay with them?
13. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
(a) Ellen's grandmother.
(b) Ellen's mother.
(c) Ellen's aunt.
(d) Ellen's father.
14. Who is the main character in the story?
15. Who does Ellen tell the teacher she wants to live with when the teacher asks Ellen to call someone to pick her up?
(a) Aunt Nadine.
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(c) Her father.
(d) Starletta's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entertainment activity does Ellen's father entertain his guests with on New Year's Eve?
2. Where does Ellen hide on New Year's Day while she waits for her father and his friends to leave her house?
3. What happens to Ellen's mother's clothes?
4. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
5. How does Ellen respond to the blunt question asked by a teacher?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)