|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ellen's friend that attends the funeral?
2. Who takes Ellen into town for a new coat?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Starletta's father.
(d) Her father.
3. Who is the main character in the story?
4. What errand does Ellen enjoy partaking in with her new mama?
(a) Paying the electric bill.
(b) Going to the grocery store.
(c) Paying the water bill.
(d) Pumping the gas for the car.
5. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A bottle of pills.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A poisonous spider.
(d) A knife.
6. Why does Ellen wear her coat to bed?
(a) She was cold.
(b) She was too tired to take her coat off.
(c) She didn't want to touch the covers.
(d) She only had on her coat.
7. What does Ellen think her father is?
(a) A friend.
(b) A mean monster.
(c) A nice guy.
(d) A hard worker.
8. What is Nadine's response to the drive through this part of town?
(a) She asks to stop for some coffee.
(b) She rolls up the window.
(c) She locks her doors.
(d) She did not have a response.
9. How does Ellen's father die?
(c) Natural Causes.
10. What item does Ellen's new mama never seem to run out of?
11. How many siblings does Ellen have at her new mother's house?
12. What color is the outfit Ellen is wearing to the funeral?
(a) Red plaid.
(b) Blue plaid.
13. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
14. What entertainment activity does Ellen's father entertain his guests with on New Year's Eve?
(a) He fought one of his friends.
(b) He danced for them.
(c) He beat Ellen.
(d) He played the guitar for them.
15. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
(a) At the hospital she can hide.
(b) At the hospital she is cared for.
(c) At the hospital her husband visits her.
(d) At the hospital her family loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what room does Ellen observe her family from?
2. Who are Rudolph and Ellis?
3. Who visits Ellen at school after she is a ward of the state?
4. What does Bill do to Ellen on New Year's Eve?
5. Who does Ellen plan on living with after her stay at Starletta's?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)