|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
(a) It was rainy.
(b) It was foggy.
(c) It was cold.
(d) It was sunny.
2. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A poisonous spider.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bottle of pills.
(d) A pillow.
3. Why does Ellen refuse to play with Starletta's toys?
(a) Starletta was selfish.
(b) Starletta was mean.
(c) Starletta was dirty.
(d) Starletta did not have any toys.
4. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
5. The day after the funeral, where does Ellen prepare to go?
(b) The mall.
(d) The skating rink.
6. How long does Ellen's new roommate let her stay when Ellen runs away from her father's home?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) The weekend.
7. What activity has become an escape for Ellen?
(b) Playing computer games.
8. When Ellen returns to school after the funeral, what does one teacher bluntly ask her?
(a) Why was she wearing so many clothes.
(b) How her mother died.
(c) Where her father was.
(d) Where had she been.
9. Before the end of the service, but after the fight with Ellen's father, what does this well-to-do relative do?
(a) Slaps Ellen's father.
(b) Leaves the service.
(c) Kidnaps Ellen.
(d) Slaps Ellen.
10. What happens to Ellen when she eats the same thing as her friend's family?
(b) Her father slapped her.
(c) She got sick.
(d) She wanted more.
11. Who is the only member of Starletta's family who can read?
(a) Starletta's dad.
(c) No one.
(d) Starletta's mom.
12. Who does Ellen tell the teacher she wants to live with when the teacher asks Ellen to call someone to pick her up?
(a) Starletta's family.
(b) Her father.
(c) Aunt Nadine.
(d) Aunt Betsy.
13. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her mother.
14. What make-up item does Ellen contemplate wearing to her mother's funeral?
(a) Eye shadow.
(b) Eye liner.
15. Who does Ellen stop speaking to?
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellen celebrate her first Christmas after her mother's death?
2. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
3. What is left in Ellen's mailbox each month?
4. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
5. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)