Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A drive through what part of town is necessary to reach the location where the funeral service is being held?
2. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(d) Aunt Nadine.
3. What type of employment does Starletta's parents do?
(a) They were lawyers.
(b) They were cotton pickers.
(c) They were shop owners.
(d) They were unemployed.
4. How long is Ellen's father gone the day after the funeral?
(a) About 2 hours.
(b) Her father does not leave after the funeral.
(c) About 48 hours.
(d) About 24 hours.
5. What make-up item does Ellen contemplate wearing to her mother's funeral?
(a) Eye shadow.
(d) Eye liner.
6. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bottle of pills.
(d) A poisonous spider.
7. Before the end of the service, but after the fight with Ellen's father, what does this well-to-do relative do?
(a) Slaps Ellen's father.
(b) Leaves the service.
(c) Kidnaps Ellen.
(d) Slaps Ellen.
8. What is the pony's name that Ellen wants to ride?
9. Where does Ellen hide on New Year's Day while she waits for her father and his friends to leave her house?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At Starletta's house.
(c) In the closet.
(d) In the garage.
10. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
(a) Called the police.
(d) Went to bed with her.
11. One day Ellen is given an inkblot test. What does Ellen call the inkblots?
12. What does Bill do to Ellen on New Year's Eve?
(a) Beat her.
(b) Gave her a present.
(c) Sexually assulted her.
(d) Hugged her.
13. Whom must Ellen share the pony with?
(a) No one.
(b) The other children in the house.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousin.
14. How much money does Ellen offer Starletta's family to let her stay with them?
15. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
(a) It was cold.
(b) It was rainy.
(c) It was foggy.
(d) It was sunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen think her father is?
2. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
3. What object does Ellen spy in one yard that she would like to have?
4. Who does Ellen blame for her mother's death?
5. What season does the funeral take place in?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)