|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
(a) Ellen's aunt.
(b) Ellen's mother.
(c) Ellen's father.
(d) Ellen's grandmother.
2. How many siblings does Ellen have at her new mother's house?
3. One day Ellen is given an inkblot test. What does Ellen call the inkblots?
4. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
(a) At the hospital she is cared for.
(b) At the hospital she can hide.
(c) At the hospital her family loves her.
(d) At the hospital her husband visits her.
5. Why does Ellen wear her coat to bed?
(a) She only had on her coat.
(b) She didn't want to touch the covers.
(c) She was cold.
(d) She was too tired to take her coat off.
6. What season does the funeral take place in?
7. What does Ellen's father sign over to his relatives?
(a) The family farm.
(b) The custody of Ellen.
(d) The family car.
8. What present does Ellen receive from Starletta's family?
(a) A toy.
(b) A saw.
(c) A coupon.
(d) A sweater.
9. How long is Ellen's father gone the day after the funeral?
(a) Her father does not leave after the funeral.
(b) About 24 hours.
(c) About 48 hours.
(d) About 2 hours.
10. How does Ellen honor her mother?
(a) Ellen killed her father.
(b) Ellen made a shrine.
(c) Ellen wore her clothes.
(d) Ellen painted a picture.
11. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
(a) As sad.
(b) As nice.
(c) As phonies.
(d) As happy.
12. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
(b) Went to bed with her.
(c) Called the police.
13. What make-up item does Ellen contemplate wearing to her mother's funeral?
(a) Eye liner.
(d) Eye shadow.
14. What object does Ellen spy in one yard that she would like to have?
(a) An angel fountain.
(b) A gnome.
(c) A nice family.
(d) A pile of leaves.
15. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
(a) His beard.
(b) His arm.
(c) A pocketknife.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Ellen into town for a new coat?
2. What present does Ellen give to Starletta's family?
3. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
4. What does Ellen's friend's family sometimes eat?
5. Why doesn't Ellen tell anyone about her problems with her father?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)