|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A drive through what part of town is necessary to reach the location where the funeral service is being held?
2. What color is the outfit Ellen is wearing to the funeral?
(b) Red plaid.
(c) Blue plaid.
3. What animal does Ellen hope her pony would scare away?
(a) Mountain lions.
4. Who takes Ellen into town for a new coat?
(a) Her father.
(b) Starletta's father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. Who does Ellen blame for her mother's death?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
6. What present does Ellen receive from Starletta's family?
(a) A saw.
(b) A toy.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A coupon.
7. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
(a) It was foggy.
(b) It was sunny.
(c) It was cold.
(d) It was rainy.
8. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
(a) Her maternal grandmother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her paternal grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
9. What does Ellen use reading for?
(a) To test her friends.
(b) An escape from her past life.
(c) To gain knowledge.
(d) A way to make people jealous.
10. What does Ellen's friend's family sometimes eat?
11. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
(a) She overdosed on pills.
(b) She was stabbed.
(c) Her heart never stopped beating.
(d) She was scared.
12. Why does Ellen refuse to play with Starletta's toys?
(a) Starletta did not have any toys.
(b) Starletta was selfish.
(c) Starletta was mean.
(d) Starletta was dirty.
13. Who does Ellen plan on living with after her stay at Starletta's?
(a) Aunt Betsy.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Aunt Nadine.
14. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
(a) Past tense.
(b) Present tense.
(c) Future tense.
(d) Past and the present tense.
15. How much money does Ellen offer Starletta's family to let her stay with them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What on Ellen's arm draws attention from her teachers?
2. Who does Ellen tell the teacher she wants to live with when the teacher asks Ellen to call someone to pick her up?
3. What occupation does Aunt Nadine have?
4. What does Ellen contemplate before leaving the bathroom to give everyone something to talk about?
5. In order to stay the night at Starletta's house, what lie does Ellen tell Starletta's parents?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)