|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
2. What is Nadine's response to the drive through this part of town?
(a) She did not have a response.
(b) She asks to stop for some coffee.
(c) She rolls up the window.
(d) She locks her doors.
3. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
(a) She was scared.
(b) Her heart never stopped beating.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She overdosed on pills.
4. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her paternal grandmother.
(c) Her maternal grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
5. How does Ellen explain the item on her arm?
(a) She fell.
(b) Her father put the squeeze on her.
(c) She bought it.
(d) Her father gave it to her as a present.
6. Who does Ellen blame for her mother's death?
(a) Her grandmother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
7. One day Ellen is given an inkblot test. What does Ellen call the inkblots?
8. What does Bill do to Ellen on New Year's Eve?
(a) Sexually assulted her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Gave her a present.
(d) Hugged her.
9. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
10. What object does Ellen spy in one yard that she would like to have?
(a) A nice family.
(b) A gnome.
(c) A pile of leaves.
(d) An angel fountain.
11. What does Ellen's friend's family sometimes eat?
12. What is Ellen's father's name?
13. Who is the main character in the story?
14. In order to stay the night at Starletta's house, what lie does Ellen tell Starletta's parents?
(a) That her father was drunk.
(b) That she locked herself out.
(c) That her house burned down.
(d) That she was scared.
15. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
(a) As phonies.
(b) As happy.
(c) As nice.
(d) As sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellen tell her father to sleep when he passes out in the bathroom?
2. Why does Ellen refuse to play with Starletta's toys?
3. The day after the funeral, where does Ellen prepare to go?
4. What happens to Ellen when she eats the same thing as her friend's family?
5. What occupation does Aunt Nadine have?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)