|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity has become an escape for Ellen?
(c) Playing computer games.
2. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her father.
3. How long is Ellen's father gone the day after the funeral?
(a) About 2 hours.
(b) Her father does not leave after the funeral.
(c) About 48 hours.
(d) About 24 hours.
4. Who is Dora?
(a) Ellen's cousin.
(b) Ellen's friend.
(c) Ellen's sister.
(d) Ellen's aunt.
5. How does Ellen explain the item on her arm?
(a) Her father put the squeeze on her.
(b) She bought it.
(c) She fell.
(d) Her father gave it to her as a present.
6. When Ellen returns to school after the funeral, what does one teacher bluntly ask her?
(a) Where had she been.
(b) How her mother died.
(c) Why was she wearing so many clothes.
(d) Where her father was.
7. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
(a) As sad.
(b) As phonies.
(c) As happy.
(d) As nice.
8. Before the end of the service, but after the fight with Ellen's father, what does this well-to-do relative do?
(a) Leaves the service.
(b) Kidnaps Ellen.
(c) Slaps Ellen.
(d) Slaps Ellen's father.
9. How does Ellen honor her mother?
(a) Ellen killed her father.
(b) Ellen wore her clothes.
(c) Ellen made a shrine.
(d) Ellen painted a picture.
10. Who does Ellen stop speaking to?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunt.
11. What hygiene task does Ellen let her new mama perform on her?
(a) Washing her hair.
(b) Brushing her teeth.
(d) Clipping her nails.
12. What does Ellen's friend's family sometimes eat?
13. How does Ellen feel about her aunt?
(a) She was indifferent to her.
(b) She disliked her.
(c) She loved her.
(d) She wanted to be just like her.
14. What animal does Ellen hope her pony would scare away?
(d) Mountain lions.
15. What season does the funeral take place in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
2. What item does Ellen's new mama never seem to run out of?
3. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
4. The day after the funeral, where does Ellen prepare to go?
5. Why doesn't Ellen tell anyone about her problems with her father?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)