Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ellen's friend that attends the funeral?
2. What item does Ellen's new mama never seem to run out of?
3. What item spills out of Ellen's mother's purse?
(c) Her heart pills.
4. What object does Ellen spy in one yard that she would like to have?
(a) A pile of leaves.
(b) An angel fountain.
(c) A gnome.
(d) A nice family.
5. Why doesn't Ellen tell anyone about her problems with her father?
(a) She didn't care about her problems.
(b) She didn't have any problems.
(c) She was scared and untrusting.
(d) She was worried she'd get in trouble.
6. What present does Ellen receive from Starletta's family?
(a) A toy.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A saw.
(d) A coupon.
7. How does Ellen honor her mother?
(a) Ellen painted a picture.
(b) Ellen made a shrine.
(c) Ellen killed her father.
(d) Ellen wore her clothes.
8. What does Ellen think her father is?
(a) A friend.
(b) A mean monster.
(c) A nice guy.
(d) A hard worker.
9. What is Ellen's father's name?
10. What make-up item does Ellen contemplate wearing to her mother's funeral?
(a) Eye liner.
(d) Eye shadow.
11. A drive through what part of town is necessary to reach the location where the funeral service is being held?
12. How does Ellen explain the item on her arm?
(a) Her father gave it to her as a present.
(b) She bought it.
(c) Her father put the squeeze on her.
(d) She fell.
13. What entertainment activity does Ellen's father entertain his guests with on New Year's Eve?
(a) He fought one of his friends.
(b) He danced for them.
(c) He played the guitar for them.
(d) He beat Ellen.
14. Who does Ellen plan on living with after her stay at Starletta's?
(b) Aunt Nadine.
(c) Aunt Betsy.
(d) Her grandmother.
15. Where does Ellen hide on New Year's Day while she waits for her father and his friends to leave her house?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At Starletta's house.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
2. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
3. Whom must Ellen share the pony with?
4. Who does Ellen stop speaking to?
5. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)