|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ellen's mother's absence forced Ellen to obtain for herself?
2. How does Ellen explain the item on her arm?
(a) Her father gave it to her as a present.
(b) She bought it.
(c) Her father put the squeeze on her.
(d) She fell.
3. What make-up item does Ellen contemplate wearing to her mother's funeral?
(a) Eye shadow.
(c) Eye liner.
4. Who is Dora?
(a) Ellen's sister.
(b) Ellen's friend.
(c) Ellen's aunt.
(d) Ellen's cousin.
5. What food item does Ellen take with her on her pony ride?
6. What errand does Ellen enjoy partaking in with her new mama?
(a) Going to the grocery store.
(b) Paying the electric bill.
(c) Pumping the gas for the car.
(d) Paying the water bill.
7. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
(a) Present tense.
(b) Past and the present tense.
(c) Past tense.
(d) Future tense.
8. How does Ellen honor her mother?
(a) Ellen painted a picture.
(b) Ellen killed her father.
(c) Ellen made a shrine.
(d) Ellen wore her clothes.
9. What does Ellen use reading for?
(a) To gain knowledge.
(b) A way to make people jealous.
(c) To test her friends.
(d) An escape from her past life.
10. Where does Ellen hide on New Year's Day while she waits for her father and his friends to leave her house?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In the closet.
(c) At Starletta's house.
(d) In the woods.
11. What does Ellen's friend's family sometimes eat?
12. One day Ellen is given an inkblot test. What does Ellen call the inkblots?
13. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her friend.
14. What organization does Ellen join to curb her boredom in the winter?
(a) The show choir.
(b) The basketball team.
(d) The Girl Scouts.
15. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
(a) It was cold.
(b) It was sunny.
(c) It was rainy.
(d) It was foggy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item spills out of Ellen's mother's purse?
2. What is Ellen's father's name?
3. Who is Ellen's friend that attends the funeral?
4. How long does Ellen's new roommate let her stay when Ellen runs away from her father's home?
5. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)