|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ellen's friend that attends the funeral?
2. Why does Ellen refuse to play with Starletta's toys?
(a) Starletta was selfish.
(b) Starletta was mean.
(c) Starletta was dirty.
(d) Starletta did not have any toys.
3. What is the weather like at the funeral service?
(a) It was foggy.
(b) It was sunny.
(c) It was cold.
(d) It was rainy.
4. What animal does Ellen hope her pony would scare away?
(b) Mountain lions.
5. Who is the main character in the story?
6. How does Ellen refer to her large head?
(c) Nearly defective.
7. What is Nadine's response to the drive through this part of town?
(a) She asks to stop for some coffee.
(b) She did not have a response.
(c) She locks her doors.
(d) She rolls up the window.
8. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
(a) She was stabbed.
(b) She was scared.
(c) She overdosed on pills.
(d) Her heart never stopped beating.
9. From what room does Ellen observe her family from?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The kitchen.
10. What object does Ellen spy in one yard that she would like to have?
(a) A pile of leaves.
(b) A gnome.
(c) An angel fountain.
(d) A nice family.
11. What occupation does Aunt Nadine have?
(a) A food slicer demonstrator.
(b) A funeral director.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A housewife.
12. Where does Ellen celebrate her first Christmas after her mother's death?
(a) At her grandmother's house.
(b) Nowhere; Ellen stopped celebrating christmas.
(c) With her father.
(d) At Starletta's house.
13. What make-up item does Ellen contemplate wearing to her mother's funeral?
(a) Eye liner.
(c) Eye shadow.
14. In Ellen's new life with her new mama, what runs smoothly?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her world.
(c) Her mother's heart.
(d) Her horse.
15. What item does Ellen's new mama never seem to run out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
2. What happens to Ellen's mother's clothes?
3. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
4. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
5. How does Ellen respond to the blunt question asked by a teacher?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)