|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What entertainment activity does Ellen's father entertain his guests with on New Year's Eve?
(a) He beat Ellen.
(b) He danced for them.
(c) He fought one of his friends.
(d) He played the guitar for them.
2. Why does Ellen refuse to play with Starletta's toys?
(a) Starletta was dirty.
(b) Starletta was selfish.
(c) Starletta did not have any toys.
(d) Starletta was mean.
3. What activity has become an escape for Ellen?
(c) Playing computer games.
4. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
(a) A failure.
(b) A drunk.
(c) A bastard.
(d) A snob.
5. Who are Rudolph and Ellis?
(a) Ellen's brothers.
(b) Ellen's friends.
(c) Ellen's uncles.
(d) Ellen's attorneys.
6. What organization does Ellen join to curb her boredom in the winter?
(a) The Girl Scouts.
(b) The basketball team.
(d) The show choir.
7. Who does Ellen plan on living with after her stay at Starletta's?
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Aunt Nadine.
8. What present does Ellen receive from Starletta's family?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A coupon.
(c) A toy.
(d) A saw.
9. What animal does Ellen hope her pony would scare away?
(a) Mountain lions.
10. How many siblings does Ellen have at her new mother's house?
11. How does Ellen describe her family before the funeral?
(a) As nice.
(b) As happy.
(c) As phonies.
(d) As sad.
12. One day Ellen is given an inkblot test. What does Ellen call the inkblots?
13. Where does Ellen tell her father to sleep when he passes out in the bathroom?
(a) In the bed.
(b) In his automobile.
(c) In the bathroom.
14. What does Ellen think her father is?
(a) A friend.
(b) A nice guy.
(c) A mean monster.
(d) A hard worker.
15. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A poisonous spider.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bottle of pills.
(d) A pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Ellen's father gone the day after the funeral?
2. Whom must Ellen share the pony with?
3. Who is the only member of Starletta's family who can read?
4. Before the end of the service, but after the fight with Ellen's father, what does this well-to-do relative do?
5. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)