|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill do to Ellen on New Year's Eve?
(a) Gave her a present.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Hugged her.
(d) Sexually assulted her.
2. What entertainment activity does Ellen's father entertain his guests with on New Year's Eve?
(a) He played the guitar for them.
(b) He beat Ellen.
(c) He fought one of his friends.
(d) He danced for them.
3. What make-up item does Ellen contemplate wearing to her mother's funeral?
(a) Eye liner.
(c) Eye shadow.
4. What does Ellen contemplate before leaving the bathroom to give everyone something to talk about?
(a) Outing her father.
(b) Hitting her aunt.
(c) Hugging her cousin.
(d) Padding her dress.
5. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A knife.
(b) A poisonous spider.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A bottle of pills.
6. What food item does Ellen take with her on her pony ride?
7. The day after the funeral, where does Ellen prepare to go?
(a) The mall.
(b) The skating rink.
8. What does Ellen think her father is?
(a) A nice guy.
(b) A mean monster.
(c) A hard worker.
(d) A friend.
9. How does Ellen honor her mother?
(a) Ellen painted a picture.
(b) Ellen made a shrine.
(c) Ellen killed her father.
(d) Ellen wore her clothes.
10. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
(a) Her maternal grandmother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her paternal grandmother.
11. Who is the main character in the story?
12. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Aunt Nadine.
13. In Ellen's new life with her new mama, what runs smoothly?
(a) Her mother's heart.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her horse.
(d) Her world.
14. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
(a) At the hospital she can hide.
(b) At the hospital her husband visits her.
(c) At the hospital her family loves her.
(d) At the hospital she is cared for.
15. What object does Ellen spy in one yard that she would like to have?
(a) An angel fountain.
(b) A gnome.
(c) A nice family.
(d) A pile of leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
2. What item does Ellen's new mama never seem to run out of?
3. How does Ellen's father die?
4. What errand does Ellen enjoy partaking in with her new mama?
5. What season does the funeral take place in?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)