|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day Ellen is given an inkblot test. What does Ellen call the inkblots?
2. What color is the outfit Ellen is wearing to the funeral?
(c) Blue plaid.
(d) Red plaid.
3. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A bottle of pills.
(b) A poisonous spider.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A knife.
4. Who is Dora?
(a) Ellen's sister.
(b) Ellen's friend.
(c) Ellen's cousin.
(d) Ellen's aunt.
5. How does Ellen feel about her aunt?
(a) She wanted to be just like her.
(b) She disliked her.
(c) She loved her.
(d) She was indifferent to her.
6. Who is the main character in the story?
7. What type of employment does Starletta's parents do?
(a) They were shop owners.
(b) They were unemployed.
(c) They were cotton pickers.
(d) They were lawyers.
8. In order to stay the night at Starletta's house, what lie does Ellen tell Starletta's parents?
(a) That she was scared.
(b) That her father was drunk.
(c) That she locked herself out.
(d) That her house burned down.
9. How does Ellen's father die?
(d) Natural Causes.
10. What is Nadine's response to the drive through this part of town?
(a) She locks her doors.
(b) She did not have a response.
(c) She rolls up the window.
(d) She asks to stop for some coffee.
11. What is the pony's name that Ellen wants to ride?
12. Who does Ellen tell the teacher she wants to live with when the teacher asks Ellen to call someone to pick her up?
(a) Her father.
(b) Starletta's family.
(c) Aunt Betsy.
(d) Aunt Nadine.
13. What item spills out of Ellen's mother's purse?
(d) Her heart pills.
14. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
(a) Aunt Nadine.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
15. How much money does Ellen offer Starletta's family to let her stay with them?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellen respond to the blunt question asked by a teacher?
2. How does Ellen refer to her large head?
3. What food item does Ellen take with her on her pony ride?
4. Who takes Ellen into town for a new coat?
5. How does Ellen explain the item on her arm?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)