|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen do when her mother goes to bed?
(a) Went to bed with her.
(d) Called the police.
2. What present does Ellen give to Starletta's family?
(a) A rooster.
(c) A fish.
(d) A spoon rest.
3. What bad habit does Dora have?
(a) Peeing her pants.
(c) Biting her nails.
(d) Picking her nose.
4. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
(a) A cat.
(b) His beard.
(c) A pocketknife.
(d) His arm.
5. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A poisonous spider.
(b) A knife.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A bottle of pills.
6. How much money does Ellen offer Starletta's family to let her stay with them?
7. What season does the funeral take place in?
8. Who does Ellen consider killing?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her friend.
(d) Her mother.
9. How many siblings does Ellen have at her new mother's house?
10. How does Ellen's father die?
(d) Natural Causes.
11. How does Ellen honor her mother?
(a) Ellen wore her clothes.
(b) Ellen killed her father.
(c) Ellen made a shrine.
(d) Ellen painted a picture.
12. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
(a) Past tense.
(b) Past and the present tense.
(c) Future tense.
(d) Present tense.
13. How does Ellen respond to the blunt question asked by a teacher?
(a) She told her the truth.
(b) She ran and hid in a closet.
(c) She slapped her.
(d) She walked away.
14. Why doesn't Ellen tell anyone about her problems with her father?
(a) She didn't care about her problems.
(b) She was worried she'd get in trouble.
(c) She didn't have any problems.
(d) She was scared and untrusting.
15. Who does Ellen plan on living with after her stay at Starletta's?
(a) Her grandmother.
(c) Aunt Betsy.
(d) Aunt Nadine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ellen tell the teacher she wants to live with when the teacher asks Ellen to call someone to pick her up?
2. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
3. Why does Ellen's mother's heart stop beating?
4. What is Ellen's father's name?
5. In Ellen's new life with her new mama, what runs smoothly?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)