|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What on Ellen's arm draws attention from her teachers?
(a) A scratch.
(b) A cast.
(c) A bruise.
(d) A tattoo.
2. Who must Ellen's new mama receive permission from to see if Ellen can stay with her?
(a) County Social Services.
(b) Ellen's Aunt.
(c) Ellen's grandmother.
(d) Starletta's family.
3. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
(a) At the hospital she is cared for.
(b) At the hospital her family loves her.
(c) At the hospital she can hide.
(d) At the hospital her husband visits her.
4. In Ellen's new life with her new mama, what runs smoothly?
(a) Her world.
(b) Her horse.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her mother's heart.
5. Who does Ellen spy on upon her first visit to church?
(a) The 'Foster' family.
(b) Aunt Betsy.
(c) Her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen confide to her house guest at the end of the novel?
2. What will Ellen miss the most about her grandmother's house?
3. What season does the funeral take place in?
4. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
5. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)