|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen respond to the blunt question asked by a teacher?
(a) She ran and hid in a closet.
(b) She told her the truth.
(c) She slapped her.
(d) She walked away.
2. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
(a) Ellen's mother.
(b) Ellen's grandmother.
(c) Ellen's aunt.
(d) Ellen's father.
3. How much money does Ellen offer her new mama to let her stay at her new mama's house?
4. In order to stay the night at Starletta's house, what lie does Ellen tell Starletta's parents?
(a) That her house burned down.
(b) That her father was drunk.
(c) That she was scared.
(d) That she locked herself out.
5. When Ellen does not go to her grandmother's funeral, what does Dora tell her?
(a) That she was selfish.
(b) To have fun.
(c) To go.
(d) To stay out of her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her move to her new mama's house at the end of the novel, what is Ellen's only worry?
2. What is left in Ellen's mailbox each month?
3. What does Ellen confide to her house guest at the end of the novel?
4. What organization does Ellen join to curb her boredom in the winter?
5. What activity has become an escape for Ellen?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)