|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
(a) At the hospital she is cared for.
(b) At the hospital her husband visits her.
(c) At the hospital she can hide.
(d) At the hospital her family loves her.
2. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
(a) Food, books and television.
(b) Horses, parents and clothes.
(c) Books, parents and horses.
(d) Food, clothes and friends.
3. Who does Ellen blame for her mother's death?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
4. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
(b) Her new mama.
5. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
(a) A poisonous spider.
(b) A bottle of pills.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What well-to-do relative of Ellen's attends the funeral?
2. Whose behavior is worse since the death of Ellen's mother?
3. Who is Julia's husband?
4. How does Ellen refer to her large head?
5. What day does Ellen dread?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)