|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen say her father dies?
(a) From a stroke.
(b) From a fall.
(c) From the flu.
(d) From drinking too much.
2. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
(a) Food, books and television.
(b) Food, clothes and friends.
(c) Horses, parents and clothes.
(d) Books, parents and horses.
3. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
(a) A failure.
(b) A snob.
(c) A bastard.
(d) A drunk.
4. What does Ellen's friend's family sometimes eat?
5. What bad habit does Dora have?
(b) Picking her nose.
(c) Peeing her pants.
(d) Biting her nails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ellen's mother's clothes?
2. What incentive does someone offer Ellen when they show up looking for her?
3. What present does Ellen give to Starletta's family?
4. What other activities must Ellen do on Sundays in her new home?
5. What does Ellen use reading for?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)