|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ellen's friend that attends the funeral?
2. Ellen's family attends a funeral for what character?
(a) Ellen's grandmother.
(b) Ellen's aunt.
(c) Ellen's father.
(d) Ellen's mother.
3. What object does Ellen spy in one yard that she would like to have?
(a) An angel fountain.
(b) A gnome.
(c) A pile of leaves.
(d) A nice family.
4. How many siblings does Ellen have at her new mother's house?
5. What does Ellen use reading for?
(a) A way to make people jealous.
(b) An escape from her past life.
(c) To test her friends.
(d) To gain knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character gives Ellen the outfit to wear to the funeral?
2. Who visits Ellen at school after she is a ward of the state?
3. What is Nadine's response to the drive through this part of town?
4. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
5. What does Ellen think her father is?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)