|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does the well-to-do relative call Ellen's father?
(a) A drunk.
(b) A failure.
(c) A bastard.
(d) A snob.
2. Who is the only member of Starletta's family who can read?
(a) Starletta's dad.
(b) Starletta's mom.
(d) No one.
3. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
(a) Future tense.
(b) Present tense.
(c) Past and the present tense.
(d) Past tense.
4. What hygiene task does Ellen let her new mama perform on her?
(a) Washing her hair.
(b) Clipping her nails.
(d) Brushing her teeth.
5. Why doesn't Ellen tell anyone about her problems with her father?
(a) She didn't have any problems.
(b) She didn't care about her problems.
(c) She was scared and untrusting.
(d) She was worried she'd get in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
2. How long does Ellen's new roommate let her stay when Ellen runs away from her father's home?
3. What does Ellen's father stroke while he is yelling at Ellen and her mother?
4. Who is the main character in the story?
5. Who is Ellen's friend that attends the funeral?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)